Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Hiding spoiler information on items and traits (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64329)

freakman22 May 13th, 2020 10:36 AM

Hiding spoiler information on items and traits

** warning, potential Return of the Runelords spoilers below **

My group is getting characters ready for a Return of the Runelords campaign and obviously part of that is selecting a campaign trait. However, all the campaign traits contain spoilers about what happens further along in the campaign (basically, the trait becomes enhanced).

I feel like it completely takes the wind out of the sails of the reveal during the campaign. Is there any way (other than creating custom traits) to hide this part of the trait?

Note: I've had similar concerns about campaign item descriptions containing too much player information but that's not my immediate concern

Krothos May 13th, 2020 01:32 PM

I feel your pain. Not really LW's fault as they are just printing the information that is technically RAW.

However, depending on how inquisitive your players are....

These traits appear in the Player's Guide, and are readily available with a search of traits, especially if the Return of the Runelords options in selected in Options. You can disable this but it would limit adding other unique things that may be found in the campaign.

In another campaign I'm running (Rise of the Runelords), I had my player add the bonuses for an amulet they found as an Adjustment they would leave active. The player would know what adjustments they get based upon what you tell them. And they would've get the HUGE spoiler about that item.

I had him put this adjustment under the Personal tab since it's technically a permanent adjustment and it won't get mixed with the other adjustments of spell buffs and debuffs.

freakman22 May 13th, 2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 288587)
I feel your pain. Not really LW's fault as they are just printing the information that is technically RAW.

However, depending on how inquisitive your players are....

These traits appear in the Player's Guide, and are readily available with a search of traits, especially if the Return of the Runelords options in selected in Options. You can disable this but it would limit adding other unique things that may be found in the campaign.

In another campaign I'm running (Rise of the Runelords), I had my player add the bonuses for an amulet they found as an Adjustment they would leave active. The player would know what adjustments they get based upon what you tell them. And they would've get the HUGE spoiler about that item.

I had him put this adjustment under the Personal tab since it's technically a permanent adjustment and it won't get mixed with the other adjustments of spell buffs and debuffs.

I Remember the amulet you're talking about as my group ran Rise a couple years ago. I think I ended up creating a custom item without the description for them to use.