Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   D&D Next (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45419)

karpomatic August 20th, 2013 04:19 AM

D&D Next

So, is there any chance that WOTC and LWD will join forces like you did with Paizo and add 5th Edition / Next to Hero lab?

liz August 22nd, 2013 06:25 AM

We do not have anything to announce right now with Wizards of the Coast. We would love to support D&D Next through Hero Lab and are currently in discussions about doing so. If that's something you would like to see, we definitely encourage you to share that with WOTC as well. :)

bodrin August 22nd, 2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 163862)
We do not have anything to announce right now with Wizards of the Coast. We would love to support D&D Next through Hero Lab and are currently in discussions about doing so. If that's something you would like to see, we definitely encourage you to share that with WOTC as well. :)

To be honest I'd prefer the D20 files to get some TLC at the moment. D&D4e is mostly supported(?) by the DDI downloader.

Adding dnd next support would be great but those of us left with stacks of Dnd3.5 books were left floundering somewhat, even with the Pathfinder support.

Just my 2 pennies worth.:cool:

rob August 22nd, 2013 09:16 AM

Our 3.5 support cannot extend beyond the SRD due to the need for a license from Wizards to do so. We have approached Wizards in the past about this, but they ultimately were not interested in doing so. If we secure a license for Next, we may perhaps be able to also secure a license for 3.5, which could make this possible. However, we're only in discussions at this point, so there's nothing concrete to share at this time.

ShadowChemosh August 22nd, 2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 163881)
Our 3.5 support cannot extend beyond the SRD due to the need for a license from Wizards to do so. We have approached Wizards in the past about this, but they ultimately were not interested in doing so. If we secure a license for Next, we may perhaps be able to also secure a license for 3.5, which could make this possible. However, we're only in discussions at this point, so there's nothing concrete to share at this time.

I think Bodrin means he would like some fixes/updates to d20. Their is a good number of outstanding bugs that are 1+ years old. Of course official 3.5 support for all the extra books would be great but at this point just some fixes would be awesome! :D

bodrin August 22nd, 2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 163895)
I think Bodrin means he would like some fixes/updates to d20. Their is a good number of outstanding bugs that are 1+ years old. Of course official 3.5 support for all the extra books would be great but at this point just some fixes would be awesome! :D

Yep just some bug fixes / updates, maybe some pathfinder datafile style macro implementation for easier coding would be spiffing.:D

I'm in no way suggesting deviating from the SRD at all although "EPIC" is still part of the SRD.

karpomatic August 28th, 2013 02:54 AM

Wotc

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 163862)

I haven mentioned it a few times via Twitter but have not gotten a response. I even asked during a live Q&A stream and they ignored me. Having one generator for most of these systems would be a great advantage.

chiefweasel August 28th, 2013 04:46 AM

Something to remember as well, is that the 3.5 files are created by the community for the community. So people are taking their own time to provide, manage, and store these files for folks. For the most part LW is out of the picture when it comes to 3.5 books that are not part of the SRD.

That being said, I think the folks involved in the 3.5 community files have done an excellent job and continue to do an excellent job.

cryptoknight August 28th, 2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 163867)
D&D4e is mostly supported(?) by the DDI downloader.

Maybe something like 65%-75% supported... not any more than that. the rest is being bug fixed by folks who upload data to my site below.

bodrin August 28th, 2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptoknight (Post 164355)
Maybe something like 65%-75% supported... not any more than that. the rest is being bug fixed by folks who upload data to my site below.

I never bothered with D&D4e. So I presumed the DDI downloader was fully supported. Thanks for the clarification. :)