Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   License Expiration?! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62601)

Hitchhiker May 23rd, 2019 02:35 PM

I just looked at my email and noticed that I got one. I don't mind paying, what do mind is the feeling of being held hostage with a "0" day advanced notice. I feel as though the power company just told me that I need to pay now or shut off my power without any advanced notice.

I hope that it was just a test run. They really should give us a 30 day and then a 15 day reminder.

ddaley May 23rd, 2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssveter (Post 279082)
When TF did my license get an expiration date!!!!

... you very much Lone Wolf!!!

I can store my crap on my own computer.

I bought this with the expectation that I did not have to renew jack!!

LOL... I do have to say that requiring people to pay a subscription to have access to the marketplace may not be the best strategy. At $20/yr, I will consider it... if they get content that interests me. But, I really dislike subscriptions.

Hitchhiker May 23rd, 2019 02:42 PM

Just saw this over on the Realm Works Facebook page:

Quote:

BJ Hensley -- Joshua Plunkett BJ is in the air headed to Seattle, but I’m told the staff made a goof. Please disregard whatever the email that went round said and help spread the word it was an error. I’ll get more details when I land.
So it looks as though it was a goof on the marketing team.

Toblakai May 23rd, 2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssveter (Post 279082)
When TF did my license get an expiration date!!!!

you very much Lone Wolf!!!

I can store my crap on my own computer.

I bought this with the expectation that I did not have to renew jack!!

Wow, overreact much?

The license for the product didn't expire, just the cloud storage, which will now have an annual cost. This has not been a secret and a part of the plan for RealmWorks. Now if the email wasn't accidental, the 0 day notice sucks, but they did inform me of this when the CM came out, so my problem for not remembering.

Toblakai May 23rd, 2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaley (Post 279084)
LOL... I do have to say that requiring people to pay a subscription to have access to the marketplace may not be the best strategy. At $20/yr, I will consider it... if they get content that interests me. But, I really dislike subscriptions.

It's not a subscription for the CM it's a subscription for cloud storage of your realms.

daplunk May 23rd, 2019 03:16 PM

BJ has advised the email sent was an error. Please disregard. The LWD team are in the air and will investigate more when they land.

rob May 23rd, 2019 03:31 PM

Sorry for the confusion. We screwed something up in the code we rolled out this morning and lots of users got bogus emails. I provided a tiny bit more information in a post I made to both the HLO and RW forums.

bodrin May 23rd, 2019 03:47 PM

Phew!!

I’d sent an email to support before hitting the forum to complain.

As part of the Beta edition crew I new my license doesn’t expire until a long time in the future. ✌️

ddaley May 23rd, 2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 279087)
It's not a subscription for the CM it's a subscription for cloud storage of your realms.

I realize that... but, I believe that cloud storage is a requirement in order to be able to purchase content from CM... unless things have changed. I'll admit, I haven't kept up on the news about CM.

EightBitz May 23rd, 2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaley (Post 279093)
I realize that... but, I believe that cloud storage is a requirement in order to be able to purchase content from CM... unless things have changed. I'll admit, I haven't kept up on the news about CM.

Cloud storage is a requirement to sync your realms to the cloud. In order to purchase content (at least the way things are now), you download a file and import it into an existing realm, whether it's a new one you created just for the import or one in which you already have other content.