Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Authoring Kit (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Exalted Datafiles (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46076)

RavenX October 6th, 2013 08:53 PM

Exalted Datafiles

5 Attachment(s)
I'm cranking through construction of mechanical datafiles for Exalted. They contain no charms as of yet, but I have the skills implemented and am working on the attributes.

Here's a few screenshots of what I've done so far.

RavenX October 7th, 2013 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the Willpower and Virtues in there now. That was a challenge but nothing I couldn't handle.

RavenX October 7th, 2013 02:55 PM

Mathias,

How do you put a Border around a table_fixed? I know there is a resource for it, but how do I get it working?

Mathias October 7th, 2013 03:03 PM

In styles_ui.dat, there are 5 different pre-set table styles. Some have borders, some have grids, some leave those out. Search the file for "tblNormal", which is one of them, and the rest are right after that.

RavenX October 7th, 2013 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That did it, thanks.

Now I just have to get the attribute priorities working. Here is a screenshot of what I've done so far for this.

RavenX October 7th, 2013 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mathias,

Is there a built in function I can call to swap out the numbers stored on a things fields?
I'm trying to figure out attribute prioritization now, and need to be able to swap the number of dots each category gets.

I've attached a screenshot, I managed to get the setup right I think. I just need to figure out how to get the swap buttons to change the categories back and forth.

Mathias October 8th, 2013 08:41 AM

I don't understand what you mean by "swap out the numbers".

RavenX October 8th, 2013 05:40 PM

Each table has a category with fields. One of those fields holds the number of dots. When you push the swap button, it changes the dot numbers. If Physical were say the Primary and Social the secondary, when you hit the swap button, the social would get reassigned to primary, and get the 8 dots, and physical gets bumped to secondary with 6 dots.

Mathias October 9th, 2013 08:46 AM

The M/P/S options in WoD are handled with trigger buttons.

RavenX October 10th, 2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 167239)
The M/P/S options in WoD are handled with trigger buttons.

Mathias,

I was able to deduce that from the ui_styles file, but I'm struggling with the scripting for the actual trigger.

I set up the top row as a table_fixed in a template, and am trying to get the control work for Primary / Secondary swap of dots working. Here is what I've come up with so far:

Code:

<portal
      id="swapPS"
      style="actSwap"
      tiptext="Click here to swap Primary and Secondary dots.">
      <action
        action="trigger">
        <trigger><![CDATA[
          if (hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value) then
            if (hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
            elseif (hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              endif

elseif (hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value) then
            if (hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then       
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
            elseif (hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then       
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
              endif

elseif (hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value) then
            if (hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then 
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value   
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
            elseif (hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
              endif
            endif

]]></trigger>
        </action>
      </portal>

The code doesn't work correctly. It swaps out the dots but nothing on the interface changes, and if you start adding dots to the attributes themselves it switches back to whatever the starting definition for the dots is set to.