Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BUG?] Phantom Bonus to Social Skills (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49628)

Tsagothghua June 8th, 2014 11:25 PM

[BUG?] Phantom Bonus to Social Skills

I've noticed that when using a Changeling template, having a Mantle value of 2 or 3 adds a +1 bonus to Social Rolls while values of 4 and 5 grant a +2 bonus.

Is this a bug or is this behavior intended?
So far I haven't been able to find a rule that justifies this.

RavenX June 17th, 2014 02:50 PM

I don't think the World of Darkness files are officially supported anymore. It might be a bug, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for someone to fix it anytime soon.

Tsagothghua June 17th, 2014 06:12 PM

Yeah I was just hoping to find out if this is an intended behavior given changelings are supposed to have several social bonuses, I thought I could be missing something in a book out there.

RavenX June 17th, 2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsagothghua (Post 185723)
Yeah I was just hoping to find out if this is an intended behavior given changelings are supposed to have several social bonuses, I thought I could be missing something in a book out there.

I'm not even sure if it's a bug or not, but I don't own all the books for the system either. I know CCCP Games has made it difficult to get the licensing expanded, and official support has been somewhat lackluster on this data set for a while. I've personally stammered out a few areas where the data for Armory was incomplete but got no where barking up that tree.

Tsagothghua June 19th, 2014 07:42 PM

Yeah I believe this system is completely dead, even CCP games dropped the mmorpg they had planned and the books seem to have switched to another company. Too bad, there were things I liked about this and this kind of tool had potential.

RavenX June 21st, 2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsagothghua (Post 185861)
Yeah I believe this system is completely dead, even CCP games dropped the mmorpg they had planned and the books seem to have switched to another company. Too bad, there were things I liked about this and this kind of tool had potential.

CCCP games (Yes the extra C is there for a reason) has been a pain to get licensing out of. While they own White Wolf Game Studios, they are not the writers of the game books. And without the support of the writers, they're nothing more than a video game making company. Onyx Path, the company that is actually writing the books isn't a new company, it's basically the writers that CCCP fired when they bought White Wolf Game Studios. They're the ones that actually made Exalted and World of Darkness. Hopefully once the dust settles CCCP will just sell the White Wolf back to the writers and let them do what they've been doing for years. Maybe then we will be able to get licensing worked out. I haven't seen any data updates for WoD in a very long time now and they still won't let us have source code access or I would have fixed many things personally by now. I've released the files I added myself through my own repository for people to use though.