Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Just Bought Hero Labs - Error (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=19670)

Eidolon February 23rd, 2012 12:47 PM

Just Bought Hero Labs - Error

So I just bought Hero Labs for the 4E support. I have now downloaded the data from DDI twice, on two separate computers (as administrator), and receive the following error on both:

The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:
Thing 'ftLearnSpe' - Bootstrap thing 'fWizRitCas' does not exist

I need a solution to resolve this.

rob February 23rd, 2012 01:09 PM

Wizards made changes to their system just yesterday. These changes altered the format and structure of some of the data, which broke the downloader. We will be updating the downloader with a new version as soon as we can. It typically takes us a few days when this happens.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we have no control over the changes that Wizards makes or when they are made. :(

Eidolon February 24th, 2012 01:17 PM

I was able to remove the bootstrap thing "fWizRitCas" from one of the ddi files (don't recall which) and HL now works. Just start opening ddi files and search for that string, then remove the entire line and save the file.

FYI, Wizards does schedule and announce their updates.

Eidolon February 24th, 2012 01:22 PM

I solved the issue.

Search the ddi_feats.dat file for the string "fWizRitCas" and remove the entire line:

<bootstrap thing="fWizRitCas"></bootstrap>

Save the file. HL should then load.

Adamos February 27th, 2012 12:33 PM

I feel very uncomfortable about opening up a dat file and deleting a line.

Will a fix be available soon?

John February 28th, 2012 03:37 PM

A new version of the downloader is now available. You should now be able to complete the download successfully.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through and addressed the changes that caused the issue.

TehBagder February 28th, 2012 04:10 PM

I'm currently running the new downloader and everything seems to be fine so far, although I'm still downloading entries.

Eidolon February 29th, 2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamos (Post 77323)
I feel very uncomfortable about opening up a dat file and deleting a line.

Will a fix be available soon?

Back up the file. The whole thing is a very simple process.

TehBagder February 29th, 2012 07:02 AM

Just completed running the downloader and everything seems to be fine, apart from an error in the sources still regarding H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth, but I'll post that to the appropriate thread.

Adamos March 4th, 2012 06:58 AM

Problem resolved!

Thanks!

The update 4.0 file took care of the issue.

Thanks again.