Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   domains and deities (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6708)

kingpaul February 12th, 2007 09:06 PM

domains and deities

I just d/l'd 1.0g to try out new improvements. I created a 1st level Cleric, and granted them the War Domain. I didn't get Weapon Focus. I then tried to edit, but couldn't create a Deity, give the deity a favored weapon, and then have the Cleric get Weapon Focus (deity's favored weapon). Do you know when this will be implemented?

rob February 13th, 2007 02:28 AM

domains and deities

At 10:06 PM 2/12/2007, you wrote:
Quote:

I created a 1st level Cleric, and granted them the War Domain. I didn't get Weapon Focus. I then tried to edit, but couldn't create a Deity, give the deity a favored weapon, and then have the Cleric get Weapon Focus (deity's favored weapon). Do you know when this will be implemented?
The ability to directly assign Weapon Focus as a chained behavior is something that was on my list to add support for in this week's release. Unfortunatley, since I ended up flat on my back with the flu virtually all of last week, and I don't have that dealt with yet, it's unlikely to make it into the release this week.

There's nothing difficult about adding it. It's just going to take a chunk of time to implement explicitly targeted broadcasting to things. If it doesn't get in this week, it should definitely be in the following release, at which point it can be readily leveraged in the data files.

-Rob

kingpaul February 13th, 2007 03:04 AM

Re: domains and deities

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob
At 10:06 PM 2/12/2007, you wrote:
Unfortunatley, since I ended up flat on my back with the flu virtually all of last week, and I don't have that dealt with yet, it's unlikely to make it into the release this week.

Hope you get better. Being sick's no fun.

Colen February 13th, 2007 03:57 PM

domains and deities

At 03:30 AM 2/13/2007, you wrote:
>The ability to directly assign Weapon Focus as a chained behavior is
>something that was on my list to add support for in this week's release.

It's actually a bug that's causing it not to show up for Clerics of
War (one of the ones we fixed earlier this week). It'll be returned
to full functionality with the next patch.

--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
http://www.wolflair.com/

Sigil February 27th, 2007 03:37 PM

Deities drop down menu?

Would it be possible to place the available deites into a drop down menu. this would be very handy. Would it also be possibel to restrict the player to certian detties?

Thanks,
Scott

DannyBoy2k February 27th, 2007 03:48 PM

The problem here is that if you play, for instance, Forgotten, the deities numbers in the dozens, if not the hundreds. And that is only one pantheon. Add Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Eberron, Deities and Demigods accessory...I would think that that menu would be enormous.

Sigil February 27th, 2007 04:33 PM

Very true. But if I am playing Forgotten Realms why would I want the other Deities in the list? Only have the Deities in the list from the campaign your using will cut down on the menu clutter. I have seen at least one other program have this feature and do it well. So I thnk there should be a possible easy to use menu solution. But you are correct if every deity is stuffed into that would be akward. Maybe how many deities could be left up to the user.

/Scott

DannyBoy2k February 27th, 2007 04:40 PM

True enough, even though just THAT list is immense. But, then we have to problem of ANOTHER menu, to tell HL which world we are playing in. Concievably a large list, if we keep adding on various d20 campaign worlds, pre-made and home-made both.

Sigil February 27th, 2007 05:00 PM

I do not think the size of the Dieties list would be such a problem. Just look at the size of the equipment list. Would you want to cut down on the size of that because it is to large? On starting HL I have a different game for each of the differnt campaign I play in.
The way I figure it the more people like us bat ideas back and forth the better HL will get|-)!!

/Scott

DannyBoy2k February 28th, 2007 05:32 AM

18 Greater, 8 Intermediate, and 14 Lesser Deities. 17 Demi-deities. 30 in the Maztican/Mulhorandi/Zakharan pantheons. 13 Dragon deities, 6 Drow, 14 Dwarven, 12 Elven, 9 Giant, 8 Gnome, 6 Halfling, 6 Orcish, 22 'other'. ALL of this just for Forgotten and NOT counting aspects. While most of these are unusual, they still exist and most likely will, sooner or later, pop up in SOME campaign. That is ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY THREE gods! I can see how the head-ache will build...

I will agree that it would be VERY nice to have the dieties, but I don't see HOW....think i would be easier with a 'fill in yourself'-slot.