Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Make all languages available (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65273)

Monteparnas January 3rd, 2021 10:38 AM

Make all languages available

For several reasons I usually waive background requisites for starting languages altogether, but I didn't saw any option to make this work on Hero Lab.

Is there a way to get rid of pre-requisites fort languages completely?

Sendric January 4th, 2021 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 292759)
For several reasons I usually waive background requisites for starting languages altogether, but I didn't saw any option to make this work on Hero Lab.

Is there a way to get rid of pre-requisites fort languages completely?

You mean for feats and PrC's? Not really, no. Each thing with a language pre-req is coded individually for this. There are a couple of ways around this:

1) Use an adjustments to give characters more languages and let them take whatever language they need to fill any pre-reqs. This is the easy method.

2) Use an adjustment or condition to give characters all the language tags. That should qualify them for all pre-reqs without (I think) filling in their list of languages.

Monteparnas January 4th, 2021 06:57 AM

No, not this.

I want all languages to be available for all starting characters.

Sorry, I was sleepy and got confusing in the way I wrote this.

Sendric January 4th, 2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 292786)
No, not this.

I want all languages to be available for all starting characters.

Sorry, I was sleepy and got confusing in the way I wrote this.

I think there's a tag that can be placed on the character. Humans have it, I think. I'll have to research it when I get on a computer with HL installed.

Sendric January 5th, 2021 03:53 AM

If you apply the tag Language.Any to your character (easiest through an adjustment or condition) this will open up almost all of the languages to be available to your character. There are a few outliers that require more specific tags.

Monteparnas January 8th, 2021 04:12 PM

I tried but it didn't worked, I'm not sure why.

The only way I found to do this was by adding it at the button "Tags" when creating the Thing and add GroupId: Language and TagId: Any, as it is in the Human. Tried as Condition, Adjustment and Trait, none worked.

Sendric January 11th, 2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 292981)
I tried but it didn't worked, I'm not sure why.

The only way I found to do this was by adding it at the button "Tags" when creating the Thing and add GroupId: Language and TagId: Any, as it is in the Human. Tried as Condition, Adjustment and Trait, none worked.

Perhaps I misunderstood the original question. Sounds like you've got it sorted, though.

Monteparnas January 14th, 2021 04:34 AM

As I said, it didn't worked. I don't know how to add a tag, apparently, and I need it for two projects, now. Can someone help me?

I do need to work on my way of writing...

Illyahr January 14th, 2021 09:26 AM

The tag probably needs to be timed right. Is it set to pre-levels or before?

Sendric January 14th, 2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 293173)
As I said, it didn't worked. I don't know how to add a tag, apparently, and I need it for two projects, now. Can someone help me?

I do need to work on my way of writing...

What exactly are you trying to do? Create a language that anyone can take or allow all characters to be able to take any language? Or is it something else?

For the record. To add a tag in a script, use something like this:

Code:

perform hero.childfound[rHuman].assign[Language.Any]
This assigns the tag Language.Any to the thing rHuman, if this thing is on your character.