Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created 3.5 D&D data set.... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584)

Bloodwolf June 9th, 2020 06:48 PM

Actually I think that I found them in the Ability Drain script. Well except the 6d6 tag.

And just to refresh my memory, size values are T=-2, S=-1, M=0, L=1, H=2, G=3, and C=4 correct?

Sendric June 10th, 2020 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289102)
@Sendric I'm having trouble getting the natural weapon damages correct for the Fang Dragon. I was wondering. Could I take the normal Dragon Natural Weapons scripts and expand them to force the program to put the correct values in the correct spots? And if so what is the 2d6, 4d6, and 6d6 damage codes?

If you go to the weapons tab in the editor you can find all tags for every available damage dice. Select the preferred damage dice and look at the tag being assigned.

I'm not sure what you're asking about as far as modifying the Natural Weapons script. Are you asking if you can modify a script in the community files? If you have to do that to add the Fang Dragon please send me the affected files so I can add it in.

Sendric June 10th, 2020 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289106)
Actually I think that I found them in the Ability Drain script. Well except the 6d6 tag.

And just to refresh my memory, size values are T=-2, S=-1, M=0, L=1, H=2, G=3, and C=4 correct?

Probably? However, it's probably better to use tags for this. As with weapons, you can go to the race tab in the editor, select a size and look at the tags to see what's being assigned.

Bloodwolf June 10th, 2020 02:59 PM

@Sendric Thanks I found them but the problem I ran into is that there is no 6d6 in the weapon damage list. Any idea where else to look for it?

What is happening is the Fang Dragon has a natural ability that allows its natural weapons to be considered one size category larger. So I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I tried just modifying the bootstraps for the dragon natural weapons ability but it didn't work right. Then I noticed that the actual script has some "hard" changed to specific damages. I'm thinking that I can just expand that script to change all of the damages. Can I email you the script for the bite and see what you think? I still have your email from years ago.

I'm thinking a basic if/then statement might work but the precreated script in the dragon natural weapon ability is different than a basic if/then so I'm not sure it will work.

Sendric June 11th, 2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289117)
@Sendric Thanks I found them but the problem I ran into is that there is no 6d6 in the weapon damage list. Any idea where else to look for it?

What is happening is the Fang Dragon has a natural ability that allows its natural weapons to be considered one size category larger. So I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I tried just modifying the bootstraps for the dragon natural weapons ability but it didn't work right. Then I noticed that the actual script has some "hard" changed to specific damages. I'm thinking that I can just expand that script to change all of the damages. Can I email you the script for the bite and see what you think? I still have your email from years ago.

I'm thinking a basic if/then statement might work but the precreated script in the dragon natural weapon ability is different than a basic if/then so I'm not sure it will work.

Add the tag Helper.DamageUp to the weapon.

Bloodwolf June 17th, 2020 03:58 PM

Well it worked until I hit large size.

The normal dragon natural weapon damages are:
T__Bite: 1d4__Claws: 1d3__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
S__Bite: 1d6__Claws: 1d4__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
M__Bite: 1d8__Claws: 1d6__Wings: 1d4__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
L__Bite: 2d6__Claws: 1d8__Wings: 1d6__Tail Slap: 1d8__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
H__Bite: 2d8__Claws: 2d6__Wings: 1d8__Tail Slap: 2d6__Crush: 2d8__Tail Sweep: -
G__Bite: 4d6__Claws: 2d8__Wings: 2d6__Tail Slap: 2d8__Crush: 4d6__Tail Sweep: 2d6
C__Bite: 4d8__Claws: 4d6__Wings: 2d8__Tail Slap: 4d6__Crush: 4d8__Tail Sweep: 2d8

The Fang dragon natural weapon damages are:
T__Bite: 1d6__Claws: 1d4__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
S__Bite: 1d8__Claws: 1d6__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
M__Bite: 2d6__Claws: 1d8__Wings: 1d6__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
L__Bite: 2d8__Claws: 2d6__Wings: 1d8__Tail Slap: 2d6__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
H__Bite: 4d6__Claws: 2d8__Wings: 2d6__Tail Slap: 2d8__Crush: 4d6__Tail Sweep: -
G__Bite: 4d8__Claws: 4d6__Wings: 2d8__Tail Slap: 4d6__Crush: 4d8__Tail Sweep: 2d8
They don't get to Colossal.

The Fang dragon natural weapon damages are coming up as this with just the Helper.WeaponUp tag:
T__Bite: 1d6__Claws: 1d4__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
S__Bite: 1d8__Claws: 1d6__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
M__Bite: 2d6__Claws: 1d8__Wings: 1d6__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
L__Bite: 3d6__Claws: 2d6__Wings: 1d8__Tail Slap: 2d6__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
H__Bite: 2d10__Claws: 3d6__Wings: 2d6__Tail Slap: 3d6__Crush: 2d8__Tail Sweep: -
G__Bite: 6d6__Claws: 2d10__Wings: 3d6__Tail Slap: 2d10_Crush: 4d6_Tail Sweep: 2d6

I bold and italicized the incorrect values that Helper.DamageUp sets. By the way Crush and Tail Sweep only show in the special tab.

So what needs to be changed?

Sendric June 18th, 2020 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289240)
Well it worked until I hit large size.

I bold and italicized the incorrect values that Helper.DamageUp sets.

So what needs to be changed?

I'm confused. You say the damage dice for normal dragons and for Fang Dragons are the same according to this chart you posted. You previously stated though that their damage is increased by one size category. Which is it?

Helper.DamageUp increases the damage of a weapon by one size category based on the damage path it's on. Conveniently, there are two paths here so that could account for any inconsistencies you may be seeing. I recommended this for the 6d6 damage dice you said you needed since there isn't a tag for that (I don't think).

If you look at the script on the special Dragon Natural Weapons that should give you all you need to help you force whatever tags you need. (Note: you can modify this script all you want, but if you don't want it be erased with every update you will either need to send me your updates or make your own version of it in a separate fle.)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289240)
By the way Crush and Tail Sweep only show in the special tab.

Yea, I see that. Kind of annoying actually. I'll fix that whenever I get back to updating the monster races.

Bloodwolf June 18th, 2020 07:35 PM

Sorry for not being clear. The Fang dragon's natural weapons are the same as a dragon one size category larger. So a medium dragon does large dragon damage. A gargantuan dragon does colossal dragon damage. Luckily for me the Fang dragon never goes above gargantuan.

As for the special Dragon Natural Weapons script it only changes 1 value for each attack type and at different size categories. I tried that first and it didn't change them correctly either. I'm thinking that I might have to write a script that just flat changes every damage value for each damage type for each size category.

But it has been a while since I have done this heavy of a script so it will take me some time. And you know that once I get it right I'll put it in the Dropbox. I just want to get it right before sending it on.

Sendric June 20th, 2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289255)
Sorry for not being clear. The Fang dragon's natural weapons are the same as a dragon one size category larger. So a medium dragon does large dragon damage. A gargantuan dragon does colossal dragon damage. Luckily for me the Fang dragon never goes above gargantuan.

As for the special Dragon Natural Weapons script it only changes 1 value for each attack type and at different size categories. I tried that first and it didn't change them correctly either. I'm thinking that I might have to write a script that just flat changes every damage value for each damage type for each size category.

But it has been a while since I have done this heavy of a script so it will take me some time. And you know that once I get it right I'll put it in the Dropbox. I just want to get it right before sending it on.

It shouldn't be necessary to go to that extreme. We can make some adjustments to the script and bootstraps to raise the level of damage specifically for the Fang Dragon. I can help with that if you want to send me what you have.

Sorry for being obtuse. Sometimes I need to be clubbed over the head.

startal July 3rd, 2020 05:01 AM

Hello when I try to add enchantment to my weapon.
I cant find no weapon enchatment that called soulfire.

Bloodwolf July 8th, 2020 03:04 PM

Oh by the way I figured out how to add the Ghostly Visage to the Dread Necromancer familiar list.

Class Special:
cDNSummFam

1st Script:
Needs changed to:
"done if (hero.tagis[CompHas.cArcFamil] = 0)

hero.minion[ArcFamil].child[Totals].field[tRaceExpr].text = "thingid.rmImp2 | thingid.rmQuasit2 | thingid.rVargouill | thingid.rGhostlyVisage"

Took me long enough to find it. If have added that when I made the Ghostly Visage but couldn't figure it out. LOL

Sendric July 9th, 2020 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289543)
Oh by the way I figured out how to add the Ghostly Visage to the Dread Necromancer familiar list.

Class Special:
cDNSummFam

1st Script:
Needs changed to:
"done if (hero.tagis[CompHas.cArcFamil] = 0)

hero.minion[ArcFamil].child[Totals].field[tRaceExpr].text = "thingid.rmImp2 | thingid.rmQuasit2 | thingid.rVargouill | thingid.rGhostlyVisage"

Took me long enough to find it. If have added that when I made the Ghostly Visage but couldn't figure it out. LOL

Cool, thanks. I've added this.

Dami July 10th, 2020 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startal (Post 289445)
Hello when I try to add enchantment to my weapon.
I cant find no weapon enchatment that called soulfire.

That weapon enhancement has not been coded for d20.

Sendric July 11th, 2020 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startal (Post 289445)
Hello when I try to add enchantment to my weapon.
I cant find no weapon enchatment that called soulfire.

I've added this for the next release (along with Sacred from the same source).

Sendric July 11th, 2020 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startal (Post 289448)
Need to add class variant from book Unearthed Arcane page 58.
Thanks :)

Some of them are in there already. Some of them are difficult to add within the context of what HL currently allows. Perhaps they need to be more obvious? If you open up the class variant tab and search for "Unearthed Arcana" you should get a list of all the ones available from this section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by startal (Post 289465)
cant find the enchantment "Splitting" from Champions of Ruin can somebody help me find it?

I'll put it on the list. Should be an easy add.

Fuun July 16th, 2020 02:08 AM

Some addditions
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

finally discovered HeroLab and the community files, only took me some 15 years :rolleyes:.

Many thanks for the great work!

I started adding some funcitionality to a couple of feats and equipment. I attached the files I have for now.

Anyway, let me know if this way of sharing works for you, or if I should send it differently (plain code?, as PM?). Also any hint on the code is appreciated (I have zero professional coding experience).

If there's some other content I can help with, I'd be glad to help. Otherwise I'll just keep adding as I come across it. Probably a lot of monsters in my future then. I won't be posting every single thing, let me know, when will be a good time to give an update.
I was looking for the "to-do"-list to see what's coming up so I don't do it double but I couldn't find anything?

Sendric July 19th, 2020 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuun (Post 289723)
Hi guys,

finally discovered HeroLab and the community files, only took me some 15 years :rolleyes:.

Many thanks for the great work!

I started adding some funcitionality to a couple of feats and equipment. I attached the files I have for now.

Anyway, let me know if this way of sharing works for you, or if I should send it differently (plain code?, as PM?). Also any hint on the code is appreciated (I have zero professional coding experience).

If there's some other content I can help with, I'd be glad to help. Otherwise I'll just keep adding as I come across it. Probably a lot of monsters in my future then. I won't be posting every single thing, let me know, when will be a good time to give an update.
I was looking for the "to-do"-list to see what's coming up so I don't do it double but I couldn't find anything?


Thanks. You can track everything that's upcoming in the first couple of comments in this thread:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=20757

I'll review what you've got here and see what I can use. Thanks for the help!

Sendric July 31st, 2020 04:56 AM

Release 1.27 - July 31st, 2020

Enhancements & Changes
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Warlock Invocations will now appear in the Spells tab instead of the Specials tab. Some will also appear in the In-Play tab so that their effects can be applied when active. Invocations that mimic spells will include the descriptions of those spells (seen in the Spells tab only). Invocations that may use a saving throw now indicate the DC in the name. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Divine: Divine Metamagic now uses a dropdown selection menu to choose metamagic feat. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Mage: Baneful Blast now allows users to select creature type. Users may also now select this Invocation more than once. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dragon Compendium: Bloodline feats now add spells to spell list in case they weren't already available. Old Bloodline specific spells have been removed. Users may need to update portfolios after next release. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dragon Magic: Marshal ability Draconic Aura: Energy now allows users to select energy type. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Expaned Psionics Handbook: Expanded Knowledge now allows users to select power and class to add new power to. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Heroes of Horror: Ghostly Visage added to Dread Necromancer's familiar list. (Bloodwolf)
  • 3.5 - Spell Compendium: Created [Good] and [Evil] versions of each level of Visage of the Deity to allow good- and evil-aligned characters to take the appropriate spell. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Bodrins Custom Stuff: Moved various adjustments to appropriate locations. Sourced remaining adjustments. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Core Book Mods: Added script to Rapid Shot to provide extra shot (use In-Play tab). Includes an option to allow the feat to stack with Haste. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Core Book Mods: Adamantine now applies Damage Reduction to character when worn. Armor Focus now applies Dodge bonus to AC when wearing chosen armor automatically. (Fuun/Sendric)
  • Custom - Dragon Magazine: Pride of Arms flaw now properly applies penalty to all except martial weapons. (Sendric)
  • Various: Removed references to erroneous spell subschool "Summon". (Sendric)

Bug Fixes
  • 3.0 - Oriental Adventures: Hida Defender's Critical Focus ability now correctly modifies critical range. (Illyahr/Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Book of Erotic Fantasy: Cleric Domain Denial no longer has obsolete spells assigned to it. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Book of Exalted Deeds: Cleric Domains no longer have obsolete spells assigned to them. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Adventurer: Natural Bond now applies bonus levels correctly. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Obtain Familiar will no longer pop an error after selecting class. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dragon Magic: Marshal ability Draconic Aura: Resistance now has correct energy types in selection list. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Magic Item Compendium: Canaith Mandolin now properly evaluates skill ranks before applying negative level. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Monster Manual 1: White Dragon now has correct HD and CR at Very Old age category. (Bloodwolf/Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Monster Manual 1: Skeleton and Zombie templates fixed. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Players Handbook 1: Updated Spell: Prayer adjustment to provide Luck bonus to attack, damage, saves and skills. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Battle: Leaping Dragon Stance now provides +10 enhancement bonus to Jump when active. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Binder special now calculates EBL and check correctly. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Bonus Mysteries are now being applied correctly. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Dark Template special Hide in Plain Sight now has correct description. (Sendric)
  • L5R - Rokugan Campain Setting: Daisho Technique now applies Two-Weapon Fighting tag appropriately when wielding Katana in primary hand and Wakizashi in secondary hand. (Sendric)
  • L5R - Rokugan Campain Setting: Way of the Dragon now properly applies Dodge Bonus when wielding a Katana and Wakizashi while wearing light or no armor (Sendric)
  • L5R - Rokugan Campain Setting: Depths of the Void class skill for Inkyo now bootstraps correctly. (Illyahr/Sendric)

Data File Authoring
  • 3.5 - Book of Exalted Deeds: Added Sacred and Soulfire item powers. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Cityscape: Added warlock invocations. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Mage: Added Enlightened Spirit PrC. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Psionics: Added Erudite Class (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dragon Magic: Added Primal spell adjustments - removed previous version. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Monster Manual 3: Added Flind and Flindbar. (Bloodwolf)
  • 3.5 - Players Handbook 1: Added some Inflict Wounds potions. (Bloodwolf)
  • 3.5 - Spell Compendium: Added Righteous Wrath of the Faithful spell adjustment
  • FR - Champions of Ruin: Added weapon item powers. (Sendric)

New Files Added
  • L5R - Way of the Ninja: All content included. (Illyahr)
  • L5R - Way of the Samurai: All content included. (Illyahr)
  • L5R - Way of the Shugenja: All content included. (Illyahr)

Sendric July 31st, 2020 04:56 AM

New release is out. Please let me know if you see any issues.

oridyne July 31st, 2020 06:00 PM

Release 1.27 issues
 
Just updated and now weirdly the 5e SRD dataset crashes when I select that game system using the 32bit HL under windows 10, if I use the 64bit HL it works fine! Loading any other game system seems to work ok with the 32bit HL

The error message is:

Quote:

Hero Lab has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry! To help us fix this error, please send the following to support@wolflair.com in a single email:

1) A description of what you were doing (unless you include this, we won't have enough information to fix your problem!)

2) This file:
F:\My Documents\Hero Lab\crashreports\Hero Lab-8.9h-959-20200801-024605.dmp

3) Finally, please copy and paste this information into the email (you can right-click this message to do so):

F:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe 8.9h 959

major: 6, minor: 2, build: 9200, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x004ee830
Type: bad write
I have submitted this problem to the support email attaching the requested crash report file as well.

Sendric August 3rd, 2020 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oridyne (Post 290053)
Just updated and now weirdly the 5e SRD dataset crashes when I select that game system using the 32bit HL under windows 10, if I use the 64bit HL it works fine! Loading any other game system seems to work ok with the 32bit HL.

Thanks. I'm able to open up 5E in the 32-bit version without a problem, so I don't think this is related to the update. Is it possible you accidentally installed the files in your 5E directory? Otherwise, this may just be a coincidence.

bodrin August 4th, 2020 04:43 AM

Age of worms - incorrect source
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hi Sendric.

Small issue with the update, not interface breaking, The Age of Worms dataset is source allocated incorrectly to DARK SUN - Campaign Setting Books. It should be sourced to Dungeon Magazine

Attachment 6562

I wrote the dataset when I initially ran the Adventure path, circa 2006, however I didn't get round to updating the source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms

Also the Dragotha portfolio, another Age of Worms reference, uses the monsters of Faerun data, this requires updating to remove errors.

I presume the ID names have been removed / changed over time.

Attachment 6563

Sendric August 4th, 2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 290130)
Hi Sendric.

Small issue with the update, not interface breaking, The Age of Worms dataset is source allocated incorrectly to DARK SUN - Campaign Setting Books. It should be sourced to Dungeon Magazine

I wrote the dataset when I initially ran the Adventure path, circa 2006, however I didn't get round to updating the source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms

Thanks. Poor assumption on my part. Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 290130)
Also the Dragotha portfolio, another Age of Worms reference, uses the monsters of Faerun data, this requires updating to remove errors.

I presume the ID names have been removed / changed over time.

I've never even looked at this portfolio. Probably should have. Will fix that soon. Thanks.

Denricht August 4th, 2020 10:10 PM

Hi Sendric.

2 small issue:

Adept should have Break Enchantment as a level 5 spell
and Arcane spell: Curse of Impending Blades, Mass should be a level 3 for Bard 3, Ranger 3, Sorcerer 3, Wizard 3,not 2

oridyne August 5th, 2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 290105)
Thanks. I'm able to open up 5E in the 32-bit version without a problem, so I don't think this is related to the update. Is it possible you accidentally installed the files in your 5E directory? Otherwise, this may just be a coincidence.

re-installing the application and setting the shortcut to open as administrator resolved it. I think in the end it was an unfortunate coincidence rather than a direct problem. Thought it better to report it early in case it was an issue.

Sendric August 8th, 2020 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 290130)
Hi Sendric.

Also the Dragotha portfolio, another Age of Worms reference, uses the monsters of Faerun data, this requires updating to remove errors.

I presume the ID names have been removed / changed over time.

I've updated the portfolio to remove the errors, but I see there are spells missing. Should they be replaced?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.