Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Skill Unlocks (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66386)

blzbob September 28th, 2021 02:15 PM

Skill Unlocks

How do I get the skill unlocks to show up on the character sheet?

blzbob October 11th, 2021 12:08 PM

Am I to assume that it can't be done since there isn't an answer?

Dami October 11th, 2021 11:00 PM

I assume this is for Unchained? I don't use that, but can you offer more detail? What is missing on the character sheet that you want to see - a full description? A better description? Do the additional abilities not display as Special Abilities?

blzbob October 16th, 2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 297016)
I assume this is for Unchained? I don't use that, but can you offer more detail? What is missing on the character sheet that you want to see - a full description? A better description? Do the additional abilities not display as Special Abilities?

It's from Unchained. There are no descriptions at all what the unlocks are so I have to either have my books with me or keep the website open.

Lord Magus October 16th, 2021 10:29 AM

IIRC, Skill Unlocks append text to the skill's description.

Dami October 16th, 2021 02:33 PM

I'm on a backup computer without any of my HL stuff, so I can't look into it. It sounds like who-ever set up the Unchained stuff did it simply, and didn't add in the "add text" to the actual skills. This shouldn't be too hard to achieve with an append script. Once my main system is working again I might be able to figure this out.
I think Unchained is a LW package? If so, you could lodge a bug report about it, but that probably won't change anything.

blzbob October 16th, 2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Magus (Post 297063)
IIRC, Skill Unlocks append text to the skill's description.

But how do I get it to show up on the character sheet when I print it out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami
This shouldn't be too hard to achieve with an append script. Once my main system is working again I might be able to figure this out.
I think Unchained is a LW package? If so, you could lodge a bug report about it, but that probably won't change anything.

I don't know how to do that. I'm sure it's not too difficult, but I don't really remember much about how to work with Hero Lab and I've had a stroke since I used to so I don't try much anymore. It's frustrating for me to try to relearn things that I used to know how to do or was able to figure out. If you can figure it out, that would be great. I can also log a bug report. I'm just surprised that this hasn't come up before now.

Dami October 16th, 2021 06:15 PM

If the text already exists, then you'd probably only see it if you print the full abilities & gear part of the sheet. A normal character sheet only display the first part of any text or summary.

blzbob October 17th, 2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 297078)
If the text already exists, then you'd probably only see it if you print the full abilities & gear part of the sheet. A normal character sheet only display the first part of any text or summary.

That's how I print character sheets normally and it's not there.

AllusiveMan October 21st, 2021 04:12 PM

Yeah. We use Unchained skill unlocks in my game, too. You can activate them in your character portfolio, but nothing actually changes or shows up anywhere. You just have to remember them.