Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   [Savage Rifts] Needed or missing? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62343)

TCArknight March 27th, 2019 12:32 PM

[Savage Rifts] Needed or missing?

Hi all!

With this announcement about Savage Rifts and SWADE, I thought I should open a thread about what folks see as needed still and what might be missing?

I know proper implementation of the Mystic is a big thing, but what other areas are falling short for the SR dataset?

salcor March 27th, 2019 03:13 PM

Were you able to get the dragon hatchling added?

TCArknight March 27th, 2019 03:19 PM

Let me double check. I think so, but I’m not sure now.... lol

Edit: Yes, it's there. Dragon hatchling race, Flame wind hatchling is in the Core, and a couple of other are in the Google Plus community files...

TCArknight April 16th, 2019 02:55 PM

It looks like there will be a document detailing what changes need to be made to update the current Rifts books to SWADE, and since the new KS funded in 7 minutes, there is going to be a lot of new SR coming down the line.

I haven’t decided if it will be feasible to maintain two separate versions, but I will at least maintain/update/troubleshoot the existing files as things move forward with SWADE...

GunbunnyFuFu May 1st, 2019 11:25 AM

The preview of the update for Savage Rifts TLPG from Deluxe to SWADE is now live..71 pages!

GunbunnyFuFu May 2nd, 2019 07:58 AM

Getting the following error messages when loading Savage Rifts:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 12) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceAbil')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 26) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceProp')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 176) - Template - Duplicate record encountered ('raPropPick')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 425) - Layout - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 457) - Tab Panel - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')

GBFF

TCArknight May 2nd, 2019 08:14 AM

I'm guessing you have the Generic_Racial tab downloaded as well...

I'm trying to incorporate that backwards into SR. For now, just rename any Generic_Racial* files in your savage folder with the addition of a *.bak extension instead of the current.

That should let the SR tab take precendence....

Shoot me a PM if have any issues....

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu (Post 278617)
Getting the following error messages when loading Savage Rifts:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 12) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceAbil')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 26) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceProp')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 176) - Template - Duplicate record encountered ('raPropPick')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 425) - Layout - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 457) - Tab Panel - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')

GBFF

GunbunnyFuFu May 2nd, 2019 11:19 AM

That did it...thanks!

GBFF

Rungok May 7th, 2019 02:12 PM

Hey so how do I get this package?

[EDIT] Found the link in your signature! Sorry about the braindead question!~ that's what I get for not paying 100% attention!

[Re-EDIT] Actually, that just seems to be the update file. I can't actually install the RIFTs part, or at least I can't seem to FIND the rifts stuff in my hero lab after running the update and everything

zarlor May 7th, 2019 03:29 PM

The updates file should make it show up in your Updates as an available setting, I believe.

Rungok May 7th, 2019 03:37 PM

Okay so I had to close and re-open HL before I could even see the RIFTS sources. But it seems to be there now. Thank you!
Quote:

Thing 'edgSRUpgra' - Thing requires thing 'racSFConst' that does not exist
Thing 'edgSRUpgra' - Thing requires thing 'hinSFCybRe' that does not exist

TCArknight May 7th, 2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rungok (Post 278755)
Okay so I had to close and re-open HL before I could even see the RIFTS sources. But it seems to be there now. Thank you!

Regarding that error, do you have the SF Companion?

Unfortunately, SR needs it for the Cyberware and a couple of other bits and pieces.....

KaiserComplete July 2nd, 2019 10:16 AM

Trying to add savage rifts

I'm kind new when it comes to adding outside material to hero labs. How do I import the rifts file into hero labs and use it?

KaiserComplete July 6th, 2019 10:07 AM

When trying to load the game system I get this error message:

https://i.gyazo.com/6d273b085e73f92f...d9c4283b9f.png

zarlor July 6th, 2019 02:35 PM

You need the Sci Fi Companion

nyarlathottep August 29th, 2019 05:08 PM

Not sure if the problem is between the keyboard and the chair or if it actually hasn't been implemented, but I find that if I try to make a power armor or robot armor jock, there are no actual power or robot armors to be found to give to the character. If you make a Glitterboy, it gives you the armor, but if you make a M.A.R.S. character that gets one of those things...nope.

I also noticed that any hero's journey result that gives edges from a category (i.e. the one that lets you pick any combat edge, but its any of them like that) it never counts your edge as being chosen, so you get an error. Also, some of them, such as the one that lets you choose a background edge, insist that you pick two edges (and still counts it as zero edges chosen no matter what). The ones that give you SPECIFIC edges work fine though.

Likewise, no matter how much cyberware you pick, it never counts any of it against your strain.

Just a few things I thought you might like to know. It's still a nice package over all.

duhtroll September 25th, 2019 03:53 PM

I have a similar problem. I have an NPC I am trying to make who could conceivably be a fixer, TW, no template and I am making each one to compare them.

On one of them I was able to make vehicles/PA from templates and add whatever I wanted up to the limits for the template. On the others I can't buy anything but stock vehicles and power armors. So I went back to the character that has the custom PA/walker and they are still there and statted out but that character can't build new ones either from a template now - just the stock purchases.

Anyone know what source or box I need to check to get back to making custom rides?