Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Any way to access the whole game in "ST Mode"? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=7692)

anivair June 23rd, 2008 11:12 AM

Any way to access the whole game in "ST Mode"?

Am I missing any ST level tools (for example, reports showing me status and covenant totals and what not got a whole game)? if not, are these being looked into?

Things that would be really handy for me would be a list of characters by various sortable items like XP, last update date, creation date, covenant, clan, etc.

I could also use a list of things like status and contacts and allies to see where people overlap.

the ability to add things to PC's em masse would be good (ie everyone loses a blood, everyone takes 2 lethal, everyone ins 4 XP).

Anything like that possible?

rob June 24th, 2008 12:56 AM

Any way to access the whole game in "ST Mode"?

At 12:12 PM 6/23/2008, you wrote:
Quote:

Am I missing any ST level tools (for example, reports showing me status and covenant totals and what not got a whole game)? if not, are these being looked into?

Things that would be really handy for me would be a list of characters by various sortable items like XP, last update date, creation date, covenant, clan, etc.

I could also use a list of things like status and contacts and allies to see where people overlap.

the ability to add things to PC's em masse would be good (ie everyone loses a blood, everyone takes 2 lethal, everyone ins 4 XP).

Most of what you describe above can be done, but none have been added yet. The primary reason is that no one has asked for that stuff yet. Since it sounds like the above list is simply some examples of what you would want, please put together a more detailed list and then post it. Others can then chime in with which items on the list they also want to see, plus any others that might be missing. We can then use everyone's input to help prioritize the sequence in which everything gets implemented and start getting it added.

anivair June 24th, 2008 06:42 AM

Okay. here's a decent list.

Character Status Tool: a list of things that a PC wants right now.

Contacts, Status, Allies monitoring (careful here, since it would fiddle with the editor stuff I think in that a merit would need a "measurable" tag or something)

Character lists sortable by criteria (I can't think of any past clan, covenant, creation date, last XP - maybe via journal dates, and maybe BP, and coterie)

Mass changes to add XP, BP, whatever (handy if you fast forward your game 50 years, for example)

that's all I can really think of, but I'm sure others could think of other things.

PsychoJon June 30th, 2008 01:41 PM

I know I would like to see the PDF character sheets touched up a bit. It currently crams everything into 1 page. I would like to see it be able to expand out into 2 pages or the option to print gear and equipment on a seperate page.

I would also controll over the summary windows. I would like to be able to do more than hide and unhide or switching the order around. I would like to be able to combine some summary windows into the same colum. This request is more out of the fact I have a Tablet PC I like to use with the screen going in a vertical fashion opposed to the tradition horizontal widescreen.

anivair June 30th, 2008 01:42 PM

ooh! two more that I just thought of and they're actually really good across the board. Don't know why I didn't think of them before.

1) sire and children. It'd be nice to be able to list the sire, children, and maybe grandsire (though that might be pushing it) for a PC. To help with the brood lines.

2) email address. Or just a general "contact" line for the player. I regularly need to email all my players.

Noctivagus July 28th, 2008 10:49 AM

Storyline progress would be a cool feature too. I'm thinking on the lines of what each PC knows, NPCs contacted, major actions taken, etc.

Pollution July 29th, 2008 03:57 PM

Re: Any way to access the whole game in

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob
At 12:12 PM 6/23/2008, you wrote:
Quote:

Most of what you describe above can be done, but none have been added yet. The primary reason is that no one has asked for that stuff yet. Since it sounds like the above list is simply some examples of what you would want, please put together a more detailed list and then post it. Others can then chime in with which items on the list they also want to see, plus any others that might be missing. We can then use everyone's input to help prioritize the sequence in which everything gets implemented and start getting it added.

Any way to put things like Rumors from the old Grapevine program in here? It could be tied to clan, covenant, bloodline, contact, allies, resources, ect...

I'd LOVE that personally.