Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Meet Error : loading 4E (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53995)

Fighter-KOU October 4th, 2015 08:17 PM

Meet Error : loading 4E

Dear All,

I installed Hero Lab for Windows 7.3

I'm try using 4e module and load from "Select a Game screen".
After few second, I meet error message below and cannot open 4e screen...

Quote:

The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:

Syntax error in 'finalize' script for Field 'sklTrained' on line 9
-> Error in right-side expression of assignment
I removed all 4e folder from C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data and tried again.
But meet same errors.

Would you advice me a other point what had better to check?

Kou.

cryptoknight October 7th, 2015 11:59 AM

I'm not having any trouble... I've deleted my 4e folder and re-downloaded the update I put up there and it loads fine for me.

You could try re-installing 7.3 as both my desktop and laptop installs of herolab are working. Each time I imported the 4e data set I told it to delete anything not in the package.

nekoshonenbutler February 21st, 2016 07:14 AM

I am having the same problem. Herolab is currently in 7.5 and none of the threads here have been helpful.

I do not want my 20 dollar purchase to have been a waste of my precious resources.

Paragon February 22nd, 2016 06:58 PM

Not sure what the problem is here; while there are all kinds of problems with the 4e files, they load fine for me and all of my group that use HL.

SAbel February 26th, 2016 01:59 PM

I just updated to 7.5b and 4E is running for me.
That is a strange error Not sure what is causing it. have you tried to load any other HL systems or do you get this right at boot up?

Which OS are you guys running?

cryptoknight February 29th, 2016 12:15 PM

FWIW, if somebody else wants to take over maintaining and publishing the 4e files... I'm game for giving it to you. I just deleted my 4e folder and re-downloaded them again from the latest update and I get no errors. This with Windows 10 Pro on both a desktop and laptop.

I've essentially lost the time in my life to play RPGs... or maintain the 4e files... and it looks like probably close to another year before I'd have the time. At that point, I'd like move to 5e as the Adventurer's League is based on that, and the only RPG time I had before work went nuts for years was in organized play.

Paragon March 2nd, 2016 09:21 AM

nfortunately, past experience has taught me that I'll probably lose interest after I'm no longer using it for something.

kzacku April 26th, 2016 07:15 PM

Having the exact same issue here. Hero Lab's 4e system has worked fine right up until the last update, which is when I started getting this error message. I've deleted everything that has to do with Hero Lab from my HDD, reinstalled the main program and imported the 4e files, and I still get the same error. I've tested a few other systems, and they work fine.

Using it on Windows 10 OS (which I was using before I updated Hero lab as well).

cryptoknight April 28th, 2016 12:41 PM

I can't replicate this issue. I can wipe the 4e data files off my system and download them the same way you guys would (via update) and they work.

Paragon April 28th, 2016 01:24 PM

That's been the problem with this bug; it occurs for some people and not others, and there's no obvious reason why.