Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   v253 and crashes (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63831)

ruhar February 10th, 2020 11:03 AM

v253 and crashes

I am not very happy to say the least. Yesterday RW crashed before heading to my game. I figured I’d check it out when I got there since I was literally packing up to leave. I started RW at the game, opened the realm, and crash. I made several attempts adding in reinstalls, uninstalls, renaming folders, and anything else I can think of short of searching for a virgin. Nothing worked. I had to finally admit defeat and open the module pdf. Ugh! But I muddled through the session. I haven’t had a chance to troubleshoot the issue but I was wondering if anyone else has had problems after going back to 253? Going back to 253 allowed me to import a realm I couldn’t with 255 but it’s not going to help me if 253 crashes all the time.

I’ll keep you updated but wanted to see if others had problems going back to 253.

Acenoid February 10th, 2020 11:10 AM

Maybe you can upgrade to 255 again and avoid imports until (maybe) there will be an update? I think the root course of the crash needs to be found first. Whats the error message (if it is providing any information).
Report the bug. Hopefully someone will look into any crash-issues at least.

Silveras February 10th, 2020 07:09 PM

I have been using v253 all along. I declined to upgrade when v254 and HeroLab Classic integration stopped working. I have had no issues with 253 that I had not had off-and-on with older versions (there is an ongoing issue with the graphics driver on my PC stopping).

ruhar February 10th, 2020 07:58 PM

Update: I uninstalled 253 and reinstalled 254. So far its not giving me any trouble. I will keep a copy of the install for 253 and 254 just in case.

Listen up LWD, aka Rob, I am not happy! I should not have to keep different versions of installs on hand whenever I want to import, export, or just use the program. I tried to be understanding and be your cheerleader before you stopped working on RW. It's time to step up to the plate and make this great program stable or sell it to someone willing to put in the time and money to give us what we expected back with the Kickstarter. Enough said.

nightpanda2810 February 13th, 2020 08:15 AM

I've no no issues with 253 (recently), however if it happens again try "delete local preferences" on the realm that's crashing. Had an issue a while back where a realm would crash trying to load images after importing PF1 Bestiary, and that was how I got back into the realm.

ruhar February 16th, 2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 285898)
I've no no issues with 253 (recently), however if it happens again try "delete local preferences" on the realm that's crashing. Had an issue a while back where a realm would crash trying to load images after importing PF1 Bestiary, and that was how I got back into the realm.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope to not have any more issues, especially when I'm getting ready to start a game session. I'm still spitting mad about Rob's decision for Realm Works. :mad:

nightpanda2810 February 17th, 2020 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 286011)
Thanks for the heads up. I hope to not have any more issues, especially when I'm getting ready to start a game session. I'm still spitting mad about Rob's decision for Realm Works. :mad:

Me too. If I had to choose between never using one or the other, I'd drop HL without a second thought.

Raistlindantilus February 18th, 2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 285799)
Update: I uninstalled 253 and reinstalled 254. So far its not giving me any trouble. I will keep a copy of the install for 253 and 254 just in case.

Listen up LWD, aka Rob, I am not happy! I should not have to keep different versions of installs on hand whenever I want to import, export, or just use the program. I tried to be understanding and be your cheerleader before you stopped working on RW. It's time to step up to the plate and make this great program stable or sell it to someone willing to put in the time and money to give us what we expected back with the Kickstarter. Enough said.

Yeah ending development on Realm Works is and was an awful decision.

Sure, let's focus on HLO which doesn't even support PF1 yet and who knows, it may never.

Some terrible decisions have been made lately.

Lexin February 27th, 2020 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 286019)
If I had to choose between never using one or the other, I'd drop HL without a second thought.

I would have to think hard, but on the whole, so would I. Rolling up characters is parsecs less trouble than maintaining a paper version of a campaign.

And though I'm playing with Yarps (I'm a kickstarter backer of theirs) it's still not currently anywhere near as good as Realm Works.

nightpanda2810 February 27th, 2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexin (Post 286396)
I would have to think hard, but on the whole, so would I. Rolling up characters is parsecs less trouble than maintaining a paper version of a campaign.

And though I'm playing with Yarps (I'm a kickstarter backer of theirs) it's still not currently anywhere near as good as Realm Works.

I came close to backing it, but what I've seen so far wouldn't be able to accomplish how I use RW. I'm sure I'll revisit at some point, but I've put a ton of work into putting data from Paizo PDF's into RW that I don't want to do again lol.