Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Additional Favored Terrain/Enemy Feat (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21036)

KTFish7 May 7th, 2012 07:35 PM

Additional Favored Terrain/Enemy Feat

Am stumped. Not sure why this isn't working....Have gone through the forum, found some very helpful tips and tricks I didn't know about (the floating debug windows are insanely helpful)...and yet, I can't get this code to work.

The feat allows for an additional favored enemy (if the class has the favored enemy feature)...and another class for favored terrain, same situation.
I've tried it with all of these options now, individually of course, but none of them are working to accomplish the bonus to the total count.

Code:

hero.child[resEnemSel].field[resMax].value += 1
hero.child[resEnemUpg].field[resMax].value += 1

hero.child[resTerrSel].field[resMax].value += 1
hero.child[resTerrUpg].field[resMax].value += 1

And of course, getting frustrated with the fact I couldn't get this to work, I tried working on the pre-req to take my mind away from the main problem for a second, only to not be able to get it to work either...and I haven't even tackled the additional animal companion Ranger Talent yet....arrggghhhh...and here this PDF was going so well, lol.

Any help on dissecting this and getting me past my brain dead moment will, as always, get you HL Gurus a toast from this humble guy. Thanks in Advance

Mathias May 7th, 2012 10:54 PM

What phase & priority did you put this script at?

KTFish7 May 8th, 2012 01:56 PM

Currently the phase is on First, with a priority of 100....have tried several variations of phase/priority based on other threads from the forum, none of them have been that sweet spot yet.

Thanks Mathias

Mathias May 8th, 2012 02:16 PM

As a general rule, the default phase & priority is a bad choice for ANY script - there are some real problems that can be created if you leave it there.

Post-Attributes/10000 would be when I'd try this.

Are you testing this on a Ranger, or some other character that already has favored terrains, or are you testing this on an otherwise blank character?

Are you receiving any error messages? If so, please right-click them, copy their text, and paste them here.

KTFish7 May 8th, 2012 03:16 PM

YYYEEESSS!!! Mathias, You are my new Hero!!! It works!!!! Thanks You very much

TCArknight May 14th, 2012 03:21 AM

KT, it's my understanding that the Additional Favored Enemy/Terrain wouldn't add to the upgrade resource. It would still only be a single +2 and wouldn't allow upgrading any other entry.

KTFish7 May 16th, 2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 82696)
KT, it's my understanding that the Additional Favored Enemy/Terrain wouldn't add to the upgrade resource. It would still only be a single +2 and wouldn't allow upgrading any other entry.

I wasn't trying to affect the upgrade resource. The feat gives additional selection options by increasing the total count each time the feat is taken.

TCArknight May 16th, 2012 11:04 AM

My bad :) I was thinking the upgrade was the + for that entry....

poizen37 December 15th, 2012 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this for the Spell-less Ranger that was submitted to OD/KP? Every time I add a feat, any feat, I get an error code related to the prereqs in both the Additional Favored Enemy and Additional Favored Terrain feats.

I redownloaded it from the Paizo site to make sure it was the most up to date and I'm still getting the error (pic below). I took a look at those two feats and at my (admittedly inadequate) skill level couldn't see where it went wrong. Also, (assuming you are the author of the official file) there's a typo in the AFE as the message calls out for favored terrain, not enemy.

AFE :
if (hero.picklives[resEnemSel] <> 0) then
validif (#resmax[resEnemSel] <> 0)
endif

AFT :
if (hero.picklives[resTerrSel] <> 0) then
validif (#resmax[resTerrSel] <> 0)
endif

ShadowChemosh December 15th, 2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poizen37 (Post 114119)
AFE :
if (hero.picklives[resEnemSel] <> 0) then
validif (#resmax[resEnemSel] <> 0)
endif

AFT :
if (hero.picklives[resTerrSel] <> 0) then
validif (#resmax[resTerrSel] <> 0)
endif

Maybe picklives works but I have never seen it or used it. I always use "childlives". Trying changing picklives to "hero.childlives" and see if it throws the same error.