Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   PC Character Sheet (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57720)

dentaa February 16th, 2017 03:51 PM

PC Character Sheet

It would be really nice if I could have my players character sheets in realm works. Either exported from Hero Lab or manually entered and be able to choose which elements they can modify. Just saying dream list.

daplunk February 16th, 2017 04:04 PM

You can view them in RW now. You add a Hero Lab snippet and load your players file into it. Then it works just any other Hero Lab snippet.

I'm hopeful that when web view comes that there is functionality for loading a player sheet and letting my players access that player sheet via the web view and make minor modifications.

Bah honestly this goes much further.

Hero Labs needs network connection back to the DM and sync back to RW for viewing purposes. A full live network system. Then the DM does not have to micro manage the players. They do the sheet updates and the DM just see's it happening live via the combat tracker, etc.

kbs666 February 16th, 2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 244467)
Hero Labs needs network connection back to the DM and sync back to RW for viewing purposes. A full live network system. Then the DM does not have to micro manage the players. They do the sheet updates and the DM just see's it happening live via the combat tracker, etc.

Be still my heart.

MNBlockHead February 16th, 2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 244468)
Be still my heart.

*Sigh* 'tis a good dream.

Greebo February 16th, 2017 09:17 PM

+1 Indeed, it is.

mazzy February 17th, 2017 10:06 AM

Can I give this a +infinity??

Vargr February 17th, 2017 10:28 PM

+1 (and some characters to reach the required 5)

JustinThomason February 18th, 2017 09:42 AM

I would love this if it could be made to work.

Gord February 19th, 2017 08:51 AM

How I would love this. +1

daplunk February 19th, 2017 01:59 PM

Last night was one of those sessions where I really really wished HL and RW would birth a hybrid online baby.

2 of my players didn't turn up. Both of those players use Hero Lab but no one had a copy of their portfolios.

I had an old copy. But all of the spells and ability tracking had changed from my copy.

Now we have a ring in player who comes in and plays when someone is absent. She turned up and obviously needed a sheet to play the character (Hero Lab is awesome at making this possible btw). I quickly ran through my options.

1. Print off the 3 different pdfs required for her to play. Not really efficient when you consider I had a table of 8 waiting for this.
2. Print the pdfs off, merge them and put them on a tablet. This is the option I went with. It was efficient enough and got us up and running.
3. Let her screen share the Hero Lab session running on player's laptop that was next to her.

This allowed us to start, albeit with an incorrect character sheet. The player kept notes on scrap paper of all the changes to the character that was uploaded to our facebook group so the owning player can do the updates before next session.

Everyone leveled up during this session also which was a major PITA. Now all of my characters are out of date. I really wish there was a way for their updates to just flow into my system instead of them having to do the updates on their machine and then do the updates on my machine.

How I wish this would work...
Hero Lab should have some form of cloud support that is linked to the DM's game. When a player creates a character they can choose to connect that character to a game and that character then stores on the cloud.

Any changes to the character sync back to the cloud and the character sheet can be added within RW allowing the DM to come along and see an up to date version of the player sheet.

When the Web Portal is implemented it should have options for both Hero Lab and Realm Works. The players should be able to view and make limited (I doubt web can handle full functionality?) changes to the sheet. Any changes made here sync back to the cloud.

At the start of a session the DM can add the Heroes from the cloud / RW into a HL session. This creates a link that can be set to both read and write. At the table, the players use the web version above. Any changes they make flow back to the DM's seat.

Implement a log system so the DM can see changes as they are made by the players. This enables verification that players are updating as they should.

Include an option to award X amount of XP to all players and have the Journals all update.

Anyway... I'm sure you see where I am going with this. It's a dream and one that I understand requires quite a bit of change on both Hero Lab and Realm Works.