Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Shadowcaster with Familiar buttonS (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55305)

benuker March 10th, 2016 02:46 PM

Shadowcaster with Familiar buttonS

Hello guys,
I would add the familiar panel like a sorcerer to my Shadowcaster.
I tried to create a new class named "Shadow Caster Familiar" copying the original Shadocaster class and editing it.
I successfully added the familiar botton inside of the Shadowcaster tab, but I am not able to have misteries and fundamentals enabled inside of the same tab.
Am I missing something?
Leo

Dami March 10th, 2016 10:24 PM

How did you edit the class exactly?
I just modified the Shadowcaster Class to add an Arcane familiar. (By selecting Arcane Familiar under 'Minions' on the Class and assigning a level.)
My test character has the Familiar button where it appears on a Wizard/Sorcerer, and I still have the Mysteries and Fundamentals under it on the SC tab.

Sendric March 11th, 2016 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benuker (Post 226019)
Hello guys,
I would add the familiar panel like a sorcerer to my Shadowcaster.
I tried to create a new class named "Shadow Caster Familiar" copying the original Shadocaster class and editing it.
I successfully added the familiar botton inside of the Shadowcaster tab, but I am not able to have misteries and fundamentals enabled inside of the same tab.
Am I missing something?
Leo

When you create a new class, even if it's the same name, it's a completely different "thing" as far as HL is concerned. Therefore, all of the class specials and everything else associated with the original class are not associated with the new class.

My recommendation would be to create a Class Variant. There is a Class Variant in Complete Arcane that adds a familiar to the Alienist PrC, so you can model yours after that one. There's really nothing to it.

benuker March 11th, 2016 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 226035)
How did you edit the class exactly?
I just modified the Shadowcaster Class to add an Arcane familiar. (By selecting Arcane Familiar under 'Minions' on the Class and assigning a level.)
My test character has the Familiar button where it appears on a Wizard/Sorcerer, and I still have the Mysteries and Fundamentals under it on the SC tab.

Well, That's what I tried, I copied the Original Shadowcaster and edited it to add a familiar under the Minions section...but doing so all the mysteries disappear...

benuker March 11th, 2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 226043)
When you create a new class, even if it's the same name, it's a completely different "thing" as far as HL is concerned. Therefore, all of the class specials and everything else associated with the original class are not associated with the new class.

My recommendation would be to create a Class Variant. There is a Class Variant in Complete Arcane that adds a familiar to the Alienist PrC, so you can model yours after that one. There's really nothing to it.

Woa, Sendric, THANKYOU!!!
It did the trick, and it was quite simple!!!!
Thank you so much!!!!
:D