Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Herolab with Realmworks (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64239)

Cid April 24th, 2020 06:40 AM

Herolab with Realmworks

When i add a portfolio to Realmworks, it leaves a bunch of stuff out. Is there something i am doing wrong? Languages, Spells, any magic items, etc...

It's all just not there, just stats. That's fine, and all, but not exactly what i need. Am i doing something wrong?

Farling April 24th, 2020 07:01 AM

Where is it leaving it out?
When you reload into HL?
When you look at the stat block of the portfolio from within RW?

Cid April 24th, 2020 07:41 AM

I'll recreate the problem and post a pic (I removed the statblock and did it another way).

Cid April 24th, 2020 08:03 AM

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Test1.jpg

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Bronwyn.jpg

See? No Special Abilities on the Paladin, and the Wizard might as well be anyone. No spells or anything.

kbs666 April 24th, 2020 09:15 AM

Which version of HL and RW are you using?

Cid April 24th, 2020 09:38 AM

Herolab - 8.9g

Realmworks - 1.0.1095.255

Farling April 24th, 2020 10:10 AM

Which game system is this for?
Perhaps 5E?
It is possible that HL doesn't output a full stat block layout for that particular game system.

The stat block is stored in the .pro file (you can look inside, if you copy the file and change the extension to .zip).

Cid April 24th, 2020 10:53 AM

Hmmm... Yeah, its for 5e.

kbs666 April 24th, 2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid (Post 288124)
Hmmm... Yeah, its for 5e.

What does the stat block look like in HL?

Cid April 24th, 2020 11:58 PM

Statblock output is as above. I was wondering if there was some setting i was missing.

kbs666 April 25th, 2020 02:57 AM

If that is what the stat block looks like in HL then it is an issue with HL not RW.

MNBlockHead April 26th, 2020 10:14 PM

I've noted the same issue. Also running 5e. I've given up accessing HL from within RW. I have all the POR files named by encounter location or in a bestiary folder and by name. I open the POR files manually.

Never noticed the issue with missing content until the link to HL broke. In the past I would just click the button to add to the open portfolio in HL and it worked wonderfully until the most recent RW upgrade broke it.

The_Traveller April 27th, 2020 04:08 AM

RW and HL integration still works as long as HL is open. Because I run AL I don't have a regular group. I keep an open portfolio that just has seven (max table size in my FLGS) party members. Then when i get to an encounter, I'm able to load the encounter into HL and start the tactical console. Players roll their initiative, and I update them in the console and run combat. Once I'm done, i can remove the enemies and continue.

MNBlockHead April 28th, 2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Traveller (Post 288202)
RW and HL integration still works as long as HL is open. Because I run AL I don't have a regular group. I keep an open portfolio that just has seven (max table size in my FLGS) party members. Then when i get to an encounter, I'm able to load the encounter into HL and start the tactical console. Players roll their initiative, and I update them in the console and run combat. Once I'm done, i can remove the enemies and continue.

Not if you install the 64-bit Hero Lab. I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

The_Traveller April 28th, 2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 288231)
Not if you install the 64-bit Hero Lab. I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

Guess I never noticed that. I still have both versions of HL on my system. I thought I was always opening the 64 bit but I guess the 32 bit was opening. Just tried with the 64 open and I can't get the link to RW to work.

Glad I never got rid of the old version. Bummer it stopped working.

Farling April 29th, 2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 288231)
I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

I think that both versions are installed in the same folder as a single installation, so you only need to pick which exe to launch.

The_Traveller April 29th, 2020 01:03 PM

Mine are in the same folder \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe and \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab64.exe

So you should be able to run the 32 bit as needed. I imagine if you are running Pathfinder 1.0 and have lots of books and multiple characters you might need the 64 bit, but so far i've not found any instance where i "needed" the 64 bit .

Trav

kbs666 April 29th, 2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Traveller (Post 288257)
Mine are in the same folder \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe and \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab64.exe

So you should be able to run the 32 bit as needed. I imagine if you are running Pathfinder 1.0 and have lots of books and multiple characters you might need the 64 bit, but so far i've not found any instance where i "needed" the 64 bit .

Trav

I never stopped using 32 bit because of this. I don't have all of PF but I have a lot. It takes a noticeable amount of time to start up but not all that bad. Nothing nearly as bad as the issues with 32 bit RW.