Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How to create a custom calendar? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56071)

BruIscream June 22nd, 2016 05:20 PM

How to create a custom calendar?

Hello Guys,

Maybe this is an stupid question but here it goes...

How do I create a custom calendar? I know that RW supports that but I cannot find it anywhere...

Joe June 23rd, 2016 10:38 AM

Custom calendars are a feature currently only available to beta users. The calendar feature needs some more work before it's fit for public use. Right now, the dev team is focused on developing the Content Market, so there's no announced release date of calendar customization as of right now.

BruIscream June 23rd, 2016 01:49 PM

Oh thanks for the answer Joe. This explain why some user said that this function exists inside RW and I can not find it.

Shadowy_one June 23rd, 2016 11:50 PM

I really hope it comes soon after the Content Market. I really need this feature for my campaign...

Dr_Automaton June 24th, 2016 04:25 AM

Unless something's changed, the focus after the release of the content market will shift to the web version of Realm Works. After that, the next big project will presumably be the journal feature.

Greebo June 24th, 2016 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowy_one (Post 231303)
I really hope it comes soon after the Content Market. I really need this feature for my campaign...

+1

So do I.

As far as I understood the problem, it is a matter of finding a suitable GUI. Maybe it is time to collect ideas from our side of the fence to help Rob and his team.

Destrin June 24th, 2016 06:42 AM

I'd be happy at least with the ability to change the formatting on the default calender, having to brain flip to US dates confounds me a lot

AEIOU June 24th, 2016 08:14 AM

My understanding was custom calendars had been completely disabled eons ago so this sounds like a massive step toward release. Joe's statement that it's only available to beta testers is huge news for the calendar lobby. Maybe not out this summer but it appears to have moved from disabled to beta. Just saying....

Or maybe I'm over interpreting....

Ladyofdragons June 24th, 2016 10:20 AM

It's partially implemented for Beta, but not fully usable. Still some more features left to go and bugs to work out. Just to temper your expectations. :)

Joe June 24th, 2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 231314)
My understanding was custom calendars had been completely disabled eons ago so this sounds like a massive step toward release. Joe's statement that it's only available to beta testers is huge news for the calendar lobby. Maybe not out this summer but it appears to have moved from disabled to beta. Just saying....

Or maybe I'm over interpreting....

Before everyone flies into a frenzy on this, I'm not entirely sure I have the complete picture. It's possible I have some kind of secret Dev access to calendars that I had forgotten about, and just assumed it's beta available. Still, from the looks of the code, it's beta only.

However, I also want to note that as far as I have known, it has been beta-available for a long time, and we haven't made any recent changes to that. So I would not consider this any massive step towards calendar release in either case.