Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Science Fiction Companion not in Bundle? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54327)

Paragon November 21st, 2015 02:09 PM

Science Fiction Companion not in Bundle?

Was I mistaken that the SFC and SPC2 were supposed to be included in the Companion Bundle when they came out?

zarlor November 21st, 2015 06:33 PM

Only SFC was coming out. SPC2 is supposed to be out sometime after SFC came out. After that is probably East Texas University, Evernight and an update to Deadlands: Reloaded, at a guess (and not necessarily in that order, either.)

Paragon November 21st, 2015 10:50 PM

I wasn't clear; I purchased the bundle, but I'm not showing that I have the SFC now that its out.

zarlor November 22nd, 2015 05:07 AM

Oh, that I don't know. The only bundle I see on the site is for the Fantasy Companion, Horror Companion and the original Super Powers Companion (SPC1). Nothing about SFC or SPC2.

Paragon November 22nd, 2015 09:24 AM

Yeah, that's what I'm muttering about. Maybe I had misunderstood, but when I bought those I was under the impression it'd cover SFC and SPC2 once they were done.

Zaphod Beebledoc November 22nd, 2015 12:19 PM

I was under the same impression. I've divvied up for the SFC now...

rob November 22nd, 2015 01:35 PM

At the time the bundle was released, only the fantasy and super powers companion books had been released by Pinnacle, and only the horror companion had been even announced by Pinnacle. So the bundle included the two existing books and the one remaining that had been announced.

So the bundle was only ever announced to include the initial three books. I don't know how we could have included (i.e. promised) books that weren't even announced by the publisher yet. :)

Paragon November 23rd, 2015 06:09 AM

Its probably a case of not reading the thing too closely on both our parts; certainly in my case by the time I actually bought it all of them were out in PDF, so I probably just read what I expected. I'm not going to say you guys did anything wrong here, but at this point I have to suggest that once SPC2 gets done, a bundle that doesn't include it but includes the first (obsolete) one is liable to confuse hell out of people.

Zaphod Beebledoc November 23rd, 2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon (Post 219657)
Its probably a case of not reading the thing too closely on both our parts; certainly in my case by the time I actually bought it all of them were out in PDF, so I probably just read what I expected.

Same here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon (Post 219657)
I'm not going to say you guys did anything wrong here, but at this point I have to suggest that once SPC2 gets done, a bundle that doesn't include it but includes the first (obsolete) one is liable to confuse hell out of people.

My thoughts exactly.

SeeleyOne November 23rd, 2015 09:31 AM

I bought the files years ago, so it was non-issue. But I can understand how it can confuse people as Savage Worlds has grown considerably over the past 5 years. I am willing to bet that it will continue to grow, too. Not in complexity, but in the myriad of options (which tends to lend to complexity, but does not have to).