Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm imports crashing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63665)

Thorkull January 31st, 2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 285452)
I lucked out by changing the build number in the download link for 255.

https://www.wolflair.com/download/rw...53_install.exe

I think I tried editing every other download link but that one. Thanks again!

ruhar February 1st, 2020 11:23 PM

I tried installing 253, uninstalling RW without removing the remaining Realm Works program data then installing 253, and uninstalling RW with full removal of the program data then installing 253. I keep getting the same error message:

"Your Realm Works database version is too new for this version of the Realm Works
software. This version of Realm Works cannot use this database and will exit.

"The build number for Realm Works you are attempting to run is 253. The database has been used with Realm Works with a build number of 254."

What did I do wrong or need to do?

Farling February 2nd, 2020 07:46 AM

I think that other people also deleted their local database, and synced their data back down from the cloud before installing version 253.

You would lose any local changes (that haven't already been synced) if you do this, however.

nightpanda2810 February 2nd, 2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 285503)
I tried installing 253, uninstalling RW without removing the remaining Realm Works program data then installing 253, and uninstalling RW with full removal of the program data then installing 253. I keep getting the same error message:

"Your Realm Works database version is too new for this version of the Realm Works
software. This version of Realm Works cannot use this database and will exit.

"The build number for Realm Works you are attempting to run is 253. The database has been used with Realm Works with a build number of 254."

What did I do wrong or need to do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 285508)
I think that other people also deleted their local database, and synced their data back down from the cloud before installing version 253.

You would lose any local changes (that haven't already been synced) if you do this, however.

This. When I was doing my initial troubleshooting this was part of it before I even downgraded, so didn't think to mention earlier. Just make sure you sync first.

ruhar February 2nd, 2020 09:46 PM

I renamed the folder inside the RW folder within AppData folder before installing 253 and it took care of the issue. Thanks guys.

Merion March 30th, 2020 01:18 AM

I'm having the same error now.

This whole import-export thing is a huge nightmare! Wasn't 255 supposed to fix those errors?

Anyway, I take it that 253 is the version number to have? What's with the crashes 254 are supposed to fix? I just have to live with them as an inconvenience?

Acenoid March 30th, 2020 03:45 AM

ppl should have tried hout the whole import export things when they still were in live development :(

Hope they still wake up from their hiatus. It's sad to see a nice idea slowly wither away...

kbs666 March 30th, 2020 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acenoid (Post 287415)
ppl should have tried hout the whole import export things when they still were in live development :(

Hope they still wake up from their hiatus. It's sad to see a nice idea slowly wither away...

People did, Josh, GTHiel and I reported plenty of import/export issues to LWD 2 years ago when we were all working on Nibirum.

I'm sure you know how much response we got.

nightpanda2810 March 30th, 2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 287414)
I'm having the same error now.

This whole import-export thing is a huge nightmare! Wasn't 255 supposed to fix those errors?

Anyway, I take it that 253 is the version number to have? What's with the crashes 254 are supposed to fix? I just have to live with them as an inconvenience?

Only issues I've had with 253 so far is the annoying there's an upgrade popup, and self-inflicted importing issues.

Merion March 30th, 2020 12:53 PM

Thanks, I re-installed 253 and it's working so far.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.