Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Weapon Damage (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13927)

Provos September 9th, 2011 10:47 PM

Weapon Damage

Does anyone know of a way to add weapon hit points? I would like to add something to the in play tab to track weapon damage and armor damage.

I would also like when the weapon hits a certain damage it gets penalities to hit/damage.

Thanks

Kendall-DM September 10th, 2011 08:28 AM

You would probably have to bootstrap a Special to each weapon with the ability to track Charges. Of course, this would mean copying each weapon and replacing it with the new one with damage tracking. Alot of work if you want to implement that.

Provos September 12th, 2011 02:08 AM

I does seem like a lot of work but it will add the damage to weapon rules that are used by some of us.

Anyone know a easy way to copy all the weapons and have them replace the original?

Lawful_g September 16th, 2011 01:12 PM

An idea would be to create a condition (like flank or higher ground), since these are automatically added to all characters.

Then bootstrap a special or 3 to it that would allow user text to be entered (so the user could type in which weapon/thing this one tracks) and would show up on the charges tab to track damage sustained.

The community files have a similar thing (in that it needs to be on all heroes) bootstrapped to the Haste Condition, which is where I first got this idea.

Provos September 17th, 2011 09:18 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to figure something out.

Provos September 20th, 2011 12:29 PM

I am trying to get damaged weapons to work like this.

1st "break": -2 damage on all critical hits, 2nd "break": -1 to attack and damage, 3rd "break": unusable. Repairing the weapon eliminates all the penalties.

Is there a way to "attach" this to a weapon? Like on weapon specicialization to choose from a drop down. When a player selects this weapon for use the adjustments are made.

ProphetPX November 16th, 2015 07:50 PM

This seems an old topic but did anyone ever do this (what the thread is about)?
Also, maybe it might have made it as a general feature into a current Hero Lab update?
I hope the devs put this into the actual program code instead of leaving it only to content creators to superimpose everything from original stats :-\

Aaron November 17th, 2015 12:48 PM

No, unfortunately per item Hp tracking has not been added. I think the best way to track something like that at this point would probably be an adjustment that has an incrementer to set the current number of HP, and a selector to associate it with a certain item.

ShadowChemosh November 17th, 2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 219269)
No, unfortunately per item Hp tracking has not been added. I think the best way to track something like that at this point would probably be an adjustment that has an incrementer to set the current number of HP, and a selector to associate it with a certain item.

Yeah agree. Even if I got around to this at some point it would BE WAY down the list of things to do. Its a very situational requirement in most games and if it was needed its easy to calculate in the one game its actually needed. Way more important are deities and custom wands and monsters and extra damage and situational text and etc.....