Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   A minor question (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10895)

Aaron C July 26th, 2010 03:13 AM

A minor question

I currently have the "privilege" of being assistant GM because I have both the HL program and a laptop. Not to mention I am more organized than the GM is. And from his current organizational level brings me to my question:

Is there anyway I can print off/copy-paste the "SPECIAL" tab for the GM? That would make my life so much easier than flipping through the portfolio as the characters scramble through their hard-copy sheets as to what a certain feat/skill/power does. Perhaps have the SPECIAL Tab be added to the Dossier print off?

It is hard to keep a game session flowing when I am assisting the GM, trying to play my char, and looking up rules all at the same time.

Thanks for taking the time!

-Happy Gaming from the old guard, grognard!

Colen July 26th, 2010 09:29 AM

Interesting idea - so a printout that listed all your special abilities and their descriptions? I'll put that on our to-do list. :)

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer July 26th, 2010 01:00 PM

Welcome Aaron C to the Forum.

Congrats on your first post to the Forum being such a good one that it gets onto the 'To Do List'. :)

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

atlarman July 26th, 2010 01:16 PM

welcome arron-

A very useful idea!

Aaron C July 26th, 2010 01:16 PM

Colen - thanks for taking the time and looking into that. I know that you must be pretty swamped with the 0-Hour of GenCon approaching rapidly.

Nigel - Thanks for the warm welcome, and believe me, if it were not for my GM (who is an awesome GM for many systems) that question would have never come to mind.

It is just amazing how much technology changes even something as "basic" as Pen & Paper games. 15 years ago, I would have never thought that I would have no need to weigh down the trunk of my car before gaming without having at least half a dozen hard-bound books, plus my 3-ring binder filled with notes and maps, and hope that was I was not forgetting anything else in order to game for the weekend.

Again, thank you both. And as always: Good gaming!

Aaron C August 28th, 2010 01:20 PM

Just wondering if any implementation or beta has gone into this idea as of yet.

Colen August 30th, 2010 08:32 AM

At the moment I've been concentrating on fixing bugs in the data files, sorry. Once I make some progress with that, I'll see if I have time to add in new features like this. :)

Aaron C August 30th, 2010 10:56 AM

Appreciated Colen. I know with the new 3rd edition material out there, you need to make sure that the program is awesome as the 2nd edition. Thanks for the update!