Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bloodlines (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=7183)

Adro85 October 5th, 2007 05:40 PM

Bloodlines

I am trying to script in the bloodlines from Unearthed Arcana. I have the Celestial bloodline done, but I can not get the Demon bloodline to work. I am not sure how to make the character get a feat at a peticular level. If you can tell me how to do this I would be greatful.

Ravencloak October 9th, 2007 08:30 AM

Can you explain the specifics of the Demon Bloodline a little better? What exactly are you trying to do? Your text makes it sound like the character automatically gains a feat at level X because of the bloodline. Is that correct?

Adro85 October 9th, 2007 02:19 PM

Yes the bloodlines are from Unearthed Arcana, you gain specials based on your bloodline at a certain levels. I have made them into templates and added all the bonuses at each level but at certain levels they recieve a particular feat. With a template if you bootstrap the feat to them, the character gains it at first level.

Ravencloak October 12th, 2007 09:42 AM

Ok, I've tried to figure this out myself and have had only partial success. How are you checking character level for the other special abilities of the bloodlines? It seems to me that you should be able to set a similar "condition" for the bootstrapped feat as you would use to verify character level for other special abilities. I just haven't been able to figure out how to poll Hero Lab for total character level--total class levels, yes; total Hit Dice, yes; total character level, no.

Hopefully Colen or Rob can jump in and give us some pointers.

Mathias October 12th, 2007 11:11 AM

Here's how I'd do it; The template adds a Special, which bootstraps the feat. On the special, in the condition button, put in the level requirement:

Classes.? - Classes.Race - Classes.Template >=6

(The default timing works for this expression)

Which means, count the classes, then subtract out any racial ECLs, then subtract out any template ECLs.

For an example, look at the class special "Speed of Thought". it's from the Soulknife psionic class, and it adds a specific feat at L6.

Mathias October 12th, 2007 11:49 AM

In case you haven't gotten the bloodline levels to work, I ended up with that question running through my head.

Create 3 Bloodline Level templates. Each one has a pre-req of Classes.tmBL? (name all the bloodlines with template BLOODLINE then the name of the specific bloodline so they can be searched for easily). And #2 and #3 each have a pre-req of #1 and #2, respectively. Each of these bloodline level templates has nothing else but a level adjustment of 1.

If you've found any difference between what the bloodline levels do and what an ECL does to a race (other than when they're added in), that changes how this works, though.

The bloodlines will have a pre-req that your total class levels can't exceed x (as per my previous item) unless tmBLev1 is present, and for intermediate and major, they can't exceed y without tmBLev2, etc.

I thought about using a single Bloodline Level template, but it looks like the "Is Unique" checkbox is auto-selected for templates.

Adro85 October 12th, 2007 05:37 PM

Ok. I tried this, but it does not work. I think it works for classes but not templates. If I leave the condition out the feat appears at first level. With that script it does not appear at all. I had it scripted for 8th level. I took the character up to level 20, and it still never showed up.

Mathias October 12th, 2007 07:45 PM

Okay, its the timing. I had only tested the timing on an adjustment. As a racial special added to a template, I got it to work by moving it to UserPreLevel 9999.

Adro85 October 13th, 2007 11:50 AM

Works perfectly. Thank you

Adro85 October 13th, 2007 12:35 PM

I take it back it does not work properly. I need it to count in the racial and template ECL's. It is adding it at one level higher than it should. I think it is because the bloodline template level.