Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New Hero Lab beta (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57352)

Colen January 10th, 2017 10:29 AM

New Hero Lab beta

Hi everyone,

A beta version of Hero Lab is now available! You can download it here:

(Links removed - thanks for your help with the betas, everyone!)

We've been testing this build internally for the last few weeks, and we're pretty sure it's ready for prime time - we'd just like some extra eyes on it before it goes out on general release.

The big new feature of this release is increased evaluation speed of Hero Lab - you shouldn't have to wait quite as long before HL displays the changes of actions you take, resulting in a smoother user experience. Compiling the Pathfinder data files should also be quicker by about 30% on Windows, which I hope all the data file authors out there will appreciate.

Please let me know in this thread if you run into problems or crashes with this new version. If you run into problems, you can simply download the old version of Hero Lab from our web site and reinstall it.

Thanks for your help!

Colen January 18th, 2017 06:08 PM

(Links removed - thanks for your help with the betas, everyone!)

Jamz January 18th, 2017 09:03 PM

FYI: I'm still getting a crash if I try to move a character via dashboard, eg. Move to Top/Bottom/Up/Down.

I sent a crash report already for the previous beta, do you want a new one for this version?

ShadowChemosh January 18th, 2017 09:04 PM

I just installed those latest. Not a big deal but the settings I had in Configure Your Hero where all turned off. Everything was off. Not hard to fix but FYI.

Colen January 19th, 2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamz (Post 241980)
FYI: I'm still getting a crash if I try to move a character via dashboard, eg. Move to Top/Bottom/Up/Down.

I sent a crash report already for the previous beta, do you want a new one for this version?

Thanks for submitting that! I'll get this fixed before release.

Colen January 19th, 2017 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 241981)
I just installed those latest. Not a big deal but the settings I had in Configure Your Hero where all turned off. Everything was off. Not hard to fix but FYI.

*Everything* everything? Was this in previously saved portfolios, or when creating a new character?

ShadowChemosh January 19th, 2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 242007)
*Everything* everything? Was this in previously saved portfolios, or when creating a new character?

Yep all options were off for new characters only. Also strange it only affected my main pathfinder install.

I opened a character and told HL to set the settings of that character. So easy to fix. But thought I would mention it. This was on a Win7 x64 computer.

Colen January 19th, 2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 242019)
Yep all options were off for new characters only. Also strange it only affected my main pathfinder install.

I opened a character and told HL to set the settings of that character. So easy to fix. But thought I would mention it. This was on a Win7 x64 computer.

I don't suppose you have a copy of your Hero Lab preferences file from before you installed the new beta, do you? That would help me figure out if there's something unexpected in your settings that would mess this up...

ShadowChemosh January 20th, 2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 242040)
I don't suppose you have a copy of your Hero Lab preferences file from before you installed the new beta, do you? That would help me figure out if there's something unexpected in your settings that would mess this up...

Sorry Colen I do not.... :(

Colen January 22nd, 2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 242135)
Sorry Colen I do not.... :(

Alright, thanks - I've put some logging code in to help figure this out if it happens again. :(