Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

insaneurge April 20th, 2015 06:35 PM

Hey, first wanted to say thanks to everyone who makes hero lab the awesome tool it is. Shadowchemosh, I just got your datasets installed on my iPad properly, and love the fact I can populate spell damage. Is there a way in the app to roll concentration or to roll a caster level check to penetrate spell resistance?

ShadowChemosh April 20th, 2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneurge (Post 207562)
Hey, first wanted to say thanks to everyone who makes hero lab the awesome tool it is. Shadowchemosh, I just got your datasets installed on my iPad properly, and love the fact I can populate spell damage. Is there a way in the app to roll concentration or to roll a caster level check to penetrate spell resistance?

Sweet glad your liking it. In matter of fact the answer to your question is "Yes".

Make sure "ShadowChemosh Adjustments" is checked marked for your character. Then go to the "Skills" tab and add a new skill. You will see a list of "Concentration" skills for each spellcasting class. Add the one that matches your character and the skill will "auto" calculate so you don't and shouldn't put ranks in it.

I guess I never brought over my "CL vs SR" skill from my houserules file. I will have to fix that in the next release this month. So in my houserules file I have another skill for casters to add called "CL vs SR" that auto-calculates its value and allows one to easily roll on the iPad. My players with casters use it all the time. Oppps... :)

insaneurge April 21st, 2015 04:32 AM

Thanks. I forgot I used to use your concentration skill on the PC. Now I just need to go add it for iPad.

Crazy Ivan April 25th, 2015 06:45 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just did a clean slate reinstall for all my hero lab files, and I'm using the Campaign pack to build a few of my old characters in Eberron using the PF rules settings; here's the catch; a lot of pieces are a little quirky (at least on my end).

1- If I start a Warforged, and mark "Hide Non-Eberron ethnicities," it won't give me the option to change any of their starting armor. I remove that tab, and it works fine. Not sure how that is supposed to sync or work, but it is slightly frustrating.

2. Speaking of the ethnicity; I was building a character and the only three ethnicities I can pic from (irrelevant of whether I have that tab or not selected for Eberron) is Aundair, Argon, and Adar. Nothing else. If it makes a difference, I was building a Human Arcanist intended to be from Karrnath.

Any help?

ShadowChemosh April 26th, 2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan (Post 207791)
1- If I start a Warforged, and mark "Hide Non-Eberron ethnicities," it won't give me the option to change any of their starting armor. I remove that tab, and it works fine. Not sure how that is supposed to sync or work, but it is slightly frustrating.

Yea its a bug opps my bad. It was reported some weeks back and I have it fixed in the next release already. Until then leave "Hide Non-Eberron Ethncities" turned off for Warforged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan (Post 207791)
2. Speaking of the ethnicity; I was building a character and the only three ethnicities I can pic from (irrelevant of whether I have that tab or not selected for Eberron) is Aundair, Argon, and Adar. Nothing else. If it makes a difference, I was building a Human Arcanist intended to be from Karrnath.

I recently found this issue also as I was adding feats from Races of Eberron. Adding missing Ethnicities including Karrnath is being worked on currently. They should be in the next release.

Next release if all goes well is Sunday May 2nd.

Monkey God April 26th, 2015 09:55 AM

Things are Missing

I just downloaded the GM Pack (v3.5), The 3PP Pack (v1.7), the Campaign Pack (v3.8), and the Gestalt (v0.6). I am getting this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'cPUUnFiSt' - Bootstrap thing 'fFeralComb' does not exist
Thing 'rauAzRRunM' - Bootstrap thing 'spSymbStr5' does not exist
Thing 'ruHsSpDvor' - Bootstrap thing 'fTwoHaThro' does not exist
Thing 'ruUgashIra' - Bootstrap thing 'fDeadlFini' does not exist

I have deleted and reinstalled each of the packs several times. Without the community packs, I get no errors when loading pathfinder.

For edification's sake, I also have The Modern Path (v4.1) and John Brazer Enterprises - Shadowsfall: Temple of Orcus (v1.0) third party files loaded as well.

AndrewD2 April 26th, 2015 10:05 AM

Those are all from Ultimate Combat, do you own that package?

ShadowChemosh April 26th, 2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey God (Post 207810)
I just downloaded the GM Pack (v3.5), The 3PP Pack (v1.7), the Campaign Pack (v3.8), and the Gestalt (v0.6). I am getting this error:

As listed on THIS page and during the install the 3PP Pack requires: Advanced Players Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic licenses or it will not load.

The GM Pack also requires Ultimate Combat.

Monkey God April 26th, 2015 10:36 AM

Well then, that's a whole different problem. I checked in Hero Lab and indeed Ultimate Combat is not showing. That is odd, because when I doublecheck on the web site, it shows that I do indeed own Ultimate Combat. I have closed the program and reopened several times and Ultimate combat refuses to appear.

Monkey God April 26th, 2015 10:41 AM

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I forgot to reactivate my license after purchasing ultimate combat.