Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created 3.5 D&D data set.... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584)

Snowpaw February 19th, 2012 02:18 PM

Have there been any recent updates? The last one I see on Hero Lab (and I do have a secondary update URL listed, not sure it it's still current or not) was in august of last year. I was REALLY hoping someone would code in the Book of Nine Swords, but I haven't seen it yet...

Sendric February 23rd, 2012 12:26 PM

No updates yet. Release 1.6 from last August is the latest version. I have been working (slowly) on the Complete Psionics feats list which I should have done tomorrow. I am also looking at some minor bugs and fixing those as well. I don't know when Shadow wants to release a new version.

As for Book of Nine Swords, Golkiwu had been working on it. No idea how far he got or if he plans on providing the work to the public. It's something I've had my eye on, but as I've proven with this latest project, it could be a while before I complete anything.

ShadowChemosh February 23rd, 2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 76946)
I don't know when Shadow wants to release a new version.

I was sort of waiting for there to be enough stuff in DropBox before doing it. Looks like its about time really. I just need to find a spare couple of hours to put it all together, merge in the changes, and do some quick testing, and then create the import file.

So we will go with "soon". :D

LosGrak March 21st, 2012 07:22 PM

I'm having trouble locating the shark skin armor in the armor list. It came from the Stormwrack book. Any help is appreciated.

Also, thank you so much for all your work!

Foolkiller March 22nd, 2012 07:30 PM

Any chance the other Prestige Classes from Complete Warrior will be added in? I'd love to see how Tattooed Monk would be handled

Sendric March 23rd, 2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosGrak (Post 78971)
I'm having trouble locating the shark skin armor in the armor list. It came from the Stormwrack book. Any help is appreciated.

Also, thank you so much for all your work!

There's a sourcing bug for the Stormwrack files in the current 1.6 release. I've fixed this for 1.7 which should be coming out in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, you can open up the Swrack - Armor file in the editor and change the source for whatever items you need. Anything from Stormwrack should be sourced to the Stormwrack listed under "3.5 D&D Books".

Sendric March 23rd, 2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foolkiller (Post 79054)
Any chance the other Prestige Classes from Complete Warrior will be added in? I'd love to see how Tattooed Monk would be handled

I'm not aware of any attempts to complete the list. One thing I'd like to do for 1.8 and future releases is have a topic for suggestions of what people want. I have my own ideas, of course, but it would be good to know what the community wants. Obviously, this is one of those things.

PS That would also be a good topic for people volunteering to do certain things.

LosGrak March 23rd, 2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 79068)
There's a sourcing bug for the Stormwrack files in the current 1.6 release. I've fixed this for 1.7 which should be coming out in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, you can open up the Swrack - Armor file in the editor and change the source for whatever items you need. Anything from Stormwrack should be sourced to the Stormwrack listed under "3.5 D&D Books".

I'm very new to this. Please tell me how this is done.

NeoFax March 28th, 2012 02:50 PM

Any way someone can add Factotum to the Dungeonscape file?

Sendric March 29th, 2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosGrak (Post 79078)
I'm very new to this. Please tell me how this is done.

Once you've opened up HL and loaded d20, open the editor (Tools -> Launch Editor). From there, open the data file called "Swrack - Armor.user".

Once you've opened the file, you should already be on the Armor tab. On that tab, select Skarkskin. At the bottom of the window (you may have to scroll) there is a subheading called "Source". Click the edit button. If I remember correctly, at the very bottom of the window that pops up is an item called Stormwrack that is checked. This one doesn't work properly. What you want is the Stormwrack item found at the bottom of the "3.5 D&D Books" section. Check that one on. Hit "OK" then "Save" then "Test Now!". Once it finishes, it will tell you that you may now use Sharskin. You should now be able to find it listed in the armor selection window (assuming you have Stormwrack selected in your configure hero window).

Sendric March 29th, 2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoFax (Post 79376)
Any way someone can add Factotum to the Dungeonscape file?

Depends on how complicated it is. Can you tell me what it is? More than likely, it will not make the 1.7 release, but it can be added to the list of requests for 1.8.

EmptyEternity March 30th, 2012 04:51 AM

Speaking of 1.7, do you have an estimate on when it will be released?

bodrin March 30th, 2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 79404)
Depends on how complicated it is. Can you tell me what it is? More than likely, it will not make the 1.7 release, but it can be added to the list of requests for 1.8.

Factotum is in dungeonscape. It's almost a skill monkey prestige class. Gets huge and many bonuses at certain levels!

Sendric March 30th, 2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 79455)
Factotum is in dungeonscape. It's almost a skill monkey prestige class. Gets huge and many bonuses at certain levels!

Ok. I was looking in feats and prestige classes, and couldn't find anything. Then I realized it was a base class. Felt kinda dumb. :) In any case, this is definitely not making the 1.7 release. I don't plan to start work on 1.8 stuff for at least a couple of weeks. At that point, I will try to compile a list of things that people want. This will obviously be on the list.

NeoFax March 30th, 2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 79459)
Ok. I was looking in feats and prestige classes, and couldn't find anything. Then I realized it was a base class. Felt kinda dumb. :) In any case, this is definitely not making the 1.7 release. I don't plan to start work on 1.8 stuff for at least a couple of weeks. At that point, I will try to compile a list of things that people want. This will obviously be on the list.

Thank you so much! Now I can finally make my Factotum/Cloistered Cleric build. Figure 'em out and shut 'em down.

ShadowChemosh April 9th, 2012 03:03 PM

Release 1.7 - April 9, 2012

Enhancements & Changes
  • Adjustments - Added new Damage Reduction adjustment. (Bodrin)
  • Bodrin's Custom Stuff - Added new magic rings: Ring of Charisma +2,+4, and +6. (Bodrin)
  • Complete Psionics - Added all the missing feats. (Sendric)
  • Complete Psionics - Added missing race Synad. (Sendric)
  • Expanded Psionics Handbook (linked to d20 SRD Psionics Support) - Added monsters from Expanded Psionics Handbook: Githzerai, Psionic and Thri-Kreen. (Sendric)
  • Players Handbook - Added new Spell Adjustments: Aid, Bless, Bulls Strength, Divine Favor, Divine Power, Enlarge Person, Foresight, and Good Hope. (Bodrin)
  • Spell Compendium - Completed all the Domains so that they correctly grant the Domain Spells. (Travis W. Peterson)
Bug Fixes
  • Cityscape - Fixed some of the feats. (Sendric)
  • Complete Adventure - Modified feats to resolve feat duplication errors: Goad, Improved Flight, Open Minded. (Sendric)
  • Complete Divine - Modified Consecrate Spell to replace version from Book of Exalted Deeds and added source to fix duplication error. (Sendric)
  • Complete Divine - Fixed the Reach Spell Metamagic to validate against the Reach Spell feat not the Rapid Spell feat. (Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer)
  • Complete Arcane - Modified Nonlethal Substitution to replace version from Book of Exalted Deeds and added source. This fixes a feat duplication error. (Sendric)
  • Complete Psionics - Fixed Lurk Augment class feature to properly display in specials tab. (Sendric)
  • Complete Warrior - Modified feats to fix duplicate entry issues (Clever Wrestling, Close-Quarters Fighting, Improved Toughness). (Sendric)
  • Dragon Compendium - Modified Favored Power Attack to replace the version from Complete Warrior and added source. This fixes a feat duplication error. (Sendric)
  • Libris Mortis - Modified to fix duplicate feat entries (Quicken Turning, Sacred Vengeance). (Sendric)
  • Lords of Madness - Modified Wild Talent feat to replace original one and added d20 Psionics source. This fixes the minor error that Wild Talent was showing up twice in the feat list when Lords of Madness was selected as a source. (Sendric)
  • Monster Manual - Fixed a minor issue that validates higher INT scores for Paladin Mounts and Arcane Familiars. Fixed a bug that was increasing saving throws for races without hit dice incorrectly. (Sendric)
  • Monster Manual - Untagged all the Animal Companions and Familiars from the Monster Manual 1 source. This fixes the issue where a Paladin or Wizard couldn't select their Animal until the Monster Manual book was check marked. (ShadowChemosh)
  • Races of Stone - Modified Improved Weapon Familiarity to replace the version from Complete Warrior, and added source. This fixes a feat duplication error. (Sendric)
  • Races of the Wild - Modified feats to correct duplicate feat entries (Flick of the Wrist, Plunging Shot). (Sendric)
  • Storm Wrack - Fixed sourcing problems. Modified Clever Wrestling to replace version from Complete Warrior. Added Complete Warrior and Draconomicon as sources. (Sendric)
Data File Authoring
  • Custom - Races Core Mods.user - Added Race tags for psionic races (Dromite, Elan, Half-Giant, Maenad, Xeph). (Sendric)
  • MM - Compiled.user - Added Duergar race tag. (Sendric)
  • Blank .user Files - Will now be removed from the end-gamers systems. This is a new feature of HL v3.7.(ShadowChemosh)
  • Release Notes page now included in the data set. This .html file is stored in the d20 data folder with the name ~ Lawful_G_d20 Release Notes.htm. (ShadowChemosh)

wilddeath June 23rd, 2012 10:32 PM

I notice there are no Kalashtar in the data set. Is this an error on my end or are they not in the ebberon data set?

salexnder July 22nd, 2012 03:30 PM

Possible bug found?

Dunno if this is the right forum to post this in but, maybe it will find where it needs to go.

Followed the instructions cheeseweasel.net for setting up the secondary update to install Lawful_G d20 set. Everything went swimmingly. Created a character and as soon as you set your first class level and pick a race, it adds 2 to the reflex save. I tried it backwards and forwards with other classes and races and everytime it miscalculated the saving throws. Just to make sure, I deleted the d20 game system, reinstalled it and the Lawful_G set, and got the same results. Deleted everything again (files too!) and just installed the stock d20 system, no issues. It would seem we've got a bug in the calculations somewhere.

Running HeroLab v4.0b #315 on a Mac. Installed Lawful_G_d20 v1.7

Zan Thrax August 12th, 2012 06:46 PM

Is the "Cleric trading Domains Bon Feat" variant class how I'm supposed to trade domains to get domain devotion feats? Because it seems that it only opens up Acrobatic and Agile as feats to take in place of the domains.

Also, are there plans to add more alternate class features? I tried to enter my Ranger / Scout in, but there's no Arcane Hunter (CM), Ranger Trapfinding (Dungeonscape), Mimic (Exemplars of Evil), or Distracting Attack (PH2).

Sendric August 13th, 2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilddeath (Post 85447)
I notice there are no Kalashtar in the data set. Is this an error on my end or are they not in the ebberon data set?

There is very little from eberron in the community files. We're always looking for authors though. :)

Sendric August 13th, 2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salexnder (Post 87107)
Dunno if this is the right forum to post this in but, maybe it will find where it needs to go.

Followed the instructions cheeseweasel.net for setting up the secondary update to install Lawful_G d20 set. Everything went swimmingly. Created a character and as soon as you set your first class level and pick a race, it adds 2 to the reflex save. I tried it backwards and forwards with other classes and races and everytime it miscalculated the saving throws. Just to make sure, I deleted the d20 game system, reinstalled it and the Lawful_G set, and got the same results. Deleted everything again (files too!) and just installed the stock d20 system, no issues. It would seem we've got a bug in the calculations somewhere.

Running HeroLab v4.0b #315 on a Mac. Installed Lawful_G_d20 v1.7

There's a community set bug thread where this was reported. It is fixed and will be available in the 1.8 release later this month.

Sendric August 13th, 2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Thrax (Post 88564)
Is the "Cleric trading Domains Bon Feat" variant class how I'm supposed to trade domains to get domain devotion feats? Because it seems that it only opens up Acrobatic and Agile as feats to take in place of the domains.

Also, are there plans to add more alternate class features? I tried to enter my Ranger / Scout in, but there's no Arcane Hunter (CM), Ranger Trapfinding (Dungeonscape), Mimic (Exemplars of Evil), or Distracting Attack (PH2).

I'll have to take a look at this, but my guess is most of the other alternate options aren't there. Probably something we could look to add for 1.9. Not sure about the first question, though. When I'm at a computer with HL, I'll take a look.

Sendric August 20th, 2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Thrax (Post 88564)

There are two options for this variant class. One of them adds Acrobatic and Agile. The other adds metamagic feats. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with this variant option to know if that's correct. If its not correct, can you please explain exactly how in the community bug thread?

Sendric August 30th, 2012 04:52 AM

Release 1.8 - August 22, 2011

Enhancements & Changes
  • Adjustments - Added damage bonus and total defense Dodge AC bonus adjustments. (Bodrin)
  • Complete Psionics - Removed unnecessary eval scripts from Divine Mind and Lurk. Added class description text for all classes. (Sendric)
  • Custom Core Book Mods - Changed timing on xFly2 to avoid errors. (Sendric)
  • Monster Manual - Added source tag Races of Destiny to Aasimar, Doppleganger, and Tiefling. (Sendric)
Bug Fixes
  • Complete Warrior - Added script to Monkeygrip feat to implement functionality. (Sendric)
  • Legend of the Twins - Modified buckler so that it did not remove the standard buckler if source was unchecked. (Sendric)
  • Magic Item Compendium - Fixed pre-reqs for Fleshgrinding weapon special. (Sendric)
  • Magic Item Compendium - Added script to Strongarm Bracers to implement functionality. (Sendric)
  • Monster Manual - Fixed pincer damage and attack for Demon, Glabrezu. (Sendric)
  • Players Handbook II - Fixed calculations for Knight's Challenge charges. (Sendric)
Data File Authoring
  • DScape - Factotum - New file adds the base class from Dungeonscape. (Sendric)
  • CArc - Enlightened Fist - New file adds prestige class from Complete Arcane. (skaven)
  • CWar - Bladesinger - New file adds prestige class from Complete Warrior. (skaven)
  • CWar - Kensai - New file adds prestige class from Complete Warrior. (skaven)
  • HoB - Combat Medic - New file adds prestige class from Heroes of Battle. (skaven)
  • Races of Destiny Compile - New files adds races, prestige classes, feats and more from Races of Destiny. (skaven)
  • UA - Monk Passive Way - New file adds variant class level from Unearthed Arcana. (skaven)
  • UA - Transmuter Wizard variant - New file adds variant class level from Unearthed Arcana. (skaven)

Nanan00 November 3rd, 2012 01:41 PM

I noticed that the Gravetouched Ghoul template is missing, if no one else is working on it I can give it a shot some time as I play a GTG in a evil campaign.

Sendric November 3rd, 2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanan00 (Post 100190)
I noticed that the Gravetouched Ghoul template is missing, if no one else is working on it I can give it a shot some time as I play a GTG in a evil campaign.

Go for it!

benuker November 22nd, 2012 09:59 AM

Master of Masks

Hey, anyone working on the Master of Masks prestige class from Complete Scoundrel?
Technically feasible?
Wanted to give it a shot..:D

Sendric November 25th, 2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benuker (Post 109515)
Hey, anyone working on the Master of Masks prestige class from Complete Scoundrel?
Technically feasible?
Wanted to give it a shot..:D

I'm not aware of anyone working on it. Haven't looked at it to know if its feasible, but if you get stumped, post on the boards and hopefully someone can help.

Raku December 19th, 2012 10:33 AM

Is anyone one working on Elemental Savant? I would if I was more skilled at working the code in the pre-req section.

Sendric February 6th, 2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raku (Post 114859)
Is anyone one working on Elemental Savant? I would if I was more skilled at working the code in the pre-req section.

Not that I know of. I'll add it to the list.

DarthJerod February 9th, 2013 05:35 PM

I see that Complete Warrior is in but I notice in the program that the Knight of the Chalice is not available. Am I mistaken?

thanks

souldreamer February 19th, 2013 11:18 AM

PC Pixie

I have a request for the Pixie that is available from the MM(1) content.

Would it be possible to include the details about their available spell-like abilities and their special arrows? It would be even more awesome if the DCs for their abilities were calculated. It's a silly request, I know, but would make it easier to use.

Additionally, I suspect there are other monster classes in the MM that would also benefit from information about their special abilities.

Sendric February 19th, 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthJerod (Post 129531)
I see that Complete Warrior is in but I notice in the program that the Knight of the Chalice is not available. Am I mistaken?

thanks

That is correct. There are many many prestige classes still missing from 3.5. This is one of them. As an aside, the presence of a source book in the community set doesn't mean that all content from that source is available. In fact, Complete Champion might be the only one (aside from open source material). There are currently 104 prestige classes missing from the Complete books alone.

Sendric February 19th, 2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by souldreamer (Post 133154)
I have a request for the Pixie that is available from the MM(1) content.

Would it be possible to include the details about their available spell-like abilities...

Is it possible? Yes. Is it practical? Probably not. The pixie (following your example) has 10 (or more) spells it can use as a spell-like ability. To add the descriptions of that many spells to the description text would be some serious clutter. In this case, it wouldn't be quite as bad only because of the overlap of some of the spells, but I think you get the idea.

My recommendation would be to create a class that uses those spells, select them then print out a sheet that has the descriptions of them as an addendum to your character.

Quote:

...and their special arrows?
This is already getting done. Is there something you're not seeing that should be there?

Quote:

It would be even more awesome if the DCs for their abilities were calculated.
This seems more doable, though the DC's would only change if the creature gains an increase in the pertinent stat. There may also be something tied into class levels, but I'd have to look into it to be sure. Regardless, this would be relatively easy to do for the pixie.

Quote:

It's a silly request, I know, but would make it easier to use.
Not silly at all. It would definitely make life a lot easier.

Quote:

Additionally, I suspect there are other monster classes in the MM that would also benefit from information about their special abilities.
This is what would make this a massive project. Doing it for one is easy. Doing it for all would be a major undertaking, and I don't really have the time to delve into it now.

Warlich March 15th, 2013 04:29 AM

I'm new to Hero Lab so I might have missed it when looking around but is there anything from Epic Handbook in the files? I've tried to find the feats.

If it is how do I access them?

Thanks!

Pandect April 30th, 2013 04:21 AM

Sendric, should I send .user files to you ?

Sendric April 30th, 2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlich (Post 150049)
I'm new to Hero Lab so I might have missed it when looking around but is there anything from Epic Handbook in the files? I've tried to find the feats.

If it is how do I access them?

Thanks!

No, there's nothing from the Epic Handbook at this time. Sorry.

Sendric April 30th, 2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandect (Post 155211)
Sendric, should I send .user files to you ?

Yes. My email address is my username at gmail.

Dramos May 14th, 2013 12:15 AM

Greetings

Just downloaded your files, AMAZING! you saved me like 2 years of work! you all rock! ... had some questions, perhaps you could help ... duskblade wont let finish due to lack of 0 lvl spells left to choose from, also ephigy master seems to still have a few bugs (only noticed thanks to current campeign (i cant spell) ... my last question .. is there a way to Mix skill points from 2 classes? or a way to get by that? ... only had hero for a month atm ... ty in advance!

CptCoots May 17th, 2013 05:01 PM

So... about those missing prestige classes. Want me to write a couple? Also, what on earth is in Lawful G's Custom Stuff, Lawful G's Hidden Stuff, and Bodrins Custom Stuff?