Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Changing the 800 Karma limit at chargen (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58194)

theclaw April 19th, 2017 05:37 PM

Changing the 800 Karma limit at chargen

Hi,

When choosing the point buy system from Run and Gun, the limit is set to 800 for prime runners. How can I modify that to a number of my choosing, without just adding a minus x or plus x to the character creation karma in the permanent adjustments.

Thanks

Mathias April 20th, 2017 02:17 PM

If you don't want to use adjustments, you can use the editor's Creation Costs Mechanics tab (Tools grouping) to copy, change, and save a version of the Point Buy System entry with a different Character Creation Karma value.

Bijar June 25th, 2017 11:28 AM

tried that but need more help

I created a mix of buy to ten and high life rules: High life count to fifteen.
I started out with a copy of High life and changed All entries in Priorities allowed to 4 and Points to distribute among to 15. The search sequence is still 50 and all other setting are the same except for the name and unique id and the summary text.
I test the script and it says it can be used, but the script is not available in the Character>configure hero tab>Click to change Hero settings
How do I select this character creation cost mechanic?

Bijar June 25th, 2017 11:36 AM

PS Is it because There is no user content in the menu allowed

I noticed that user content is grayed out in the selection screen Character>configure hero tab>Click to change Hero settings. it requires me to buy a datapackage, but I can't find which one I have all the SR5 packages.

Mathias June 25th, 2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bijar (Post 251881)
I created a mix of buy to ten and high life rules: High life count to fifteen.
I started out with a copy of High life and changed All entries in Priorities allowed to 4 and Points to distribute among to 15. The search sequence is still 50 and all other setting are the same except for the name and unique id and the summary text.
I test the script and it says it can be used, but the script is not available in the Character>configure hero tab>Click to change Hero settings
How do I select this character creation cost mechanic?

As it says in the "Search Sequence", the lower search sequence number will be used, so don't leave it at 50 - change it to something lower if you want to overwrite an existing option.

If you haven't changed the source, then what you've done is to overwrite the High Life option (although if the search sequence hasn't changed, it will randomly pick between the new version and the old version, since they're both at the same sequence number).

Mathias June 25th, 2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bijar (Post 251883)
I noticed that user content is grayed out in the selection screen Character>configure hero tab>Click to change Hero settings. it requires me to buy a datapackage, but I can't find which one I have all the SR5 packages.

Have you added any new sources as children of User Content? If it's still a header with no children, it will stay gray.

Bijar June 25th, 2017 01:58 PM

thnx and almost there

Thanks Mathias for your help, but I'm still struggling.
I tried what you said and now the option shows up under the menu Character>configure hero tab>Click to change Hero settings
in the user defined box but sadly it does not do anything.
I tried every available search sequence from 0-40 on 0 and 1 the program crashes and on 2 and higher nothing happens. It has me stumped.

I even tried replacing Sum to 10, but to no avail.

Nyarlathotep June 27th, 2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bijar (Post 251890)
Thanks Mathias for your help, but I'm still struggling.
I tried what you said and now the option shows up under the menu Character>configure hero tab>Click to change Hero settings
in the user defined box but sadly it does not do anything.
I tried every available search sequence from 0-40 on 0 and 1 the program crashes and on 2 and higher nothing happens. It has me stumped.

I even tried replacing Sum to 10, but to no avail.

I'm doing something very similar and I just figured out what Mathias meant about creating a new source.

At the bottom of the list where you select the parameters of character creation, there is a source box. You have to edit that, click New source at the top of the next page and then OK. Once you've filled in next page you'll see it in the character options menu.