Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Advanced Bestiary for Herolab: Amalgam and Monstrous Lycanthrpope (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52170)

crinos February 10th, 2015 11:38 AM

Advanced Bestiary for Herolab: Amalgam and Monstrous Lycanthrpope

I just got this pack, and I have a question: The Amalgam template and the Monstrous Lycanthrope only give a possibiltiy of 14 different creatures you can use for the amalgamated monster. Why is this? Are there plans to add more to this list? Is this just an oversight? What's going on here?

frumple February 10th, 2015 12:11 PM

Crinos,

To use those templates (and some others), a clone of each creature needs to be created. I am currently working on getting the entire Bestiary entered, so be patient. (Clones are a bit more complex to enter than standard monsters since they require specific prereq expressions for each ability, type, and subtype).

Jeff

crinos February 10th, 2015 12:38 PM

I shall be patient (Since I don't know how to make clones or anything like that). And since there is no pressing need for it, so take all the time you need.

Thank you for the speedy response.

wdmartin May 10th, 2015 08:40 AM

Bump!

Hey Frumple, how's the work going on all those clone entries? I understand it's a large, complex task, but I'm eager for the end result because the template is so tremendously useful.

Do you plan to restrict yourself to the Bestiaries 1-4, or will you add in monsters from other sources? For example, the Adventure Path bestiaries.

I can totally see focusing on just the main bestiaries, because that makes it a more finite task. But if you exclude other things, please consider writing up a guide on how to do the cloning process so that people who want to amalgamate monsters from other sources can do the cloning for the monster they need.

frumple May 12th, 2015 06:01 AM

I am currently working on moving the routines from using the clone mechanism to one similar to the one now used by change shape. It is a bit tougher, but in the long run I think it will be better for long term compatibility.

wdmartin December 18th, 2015 11:09 AM

Bump again. Any update on this in the last 7 months?

I'd love to use the amalgam template, but at the moment it's just not there. I understand that it's extremely complex, and I am trying to be patient. It would help to have an update so I know things are actually moving forward.

Thanks.

Zakzahn September 18th, 2017 08:48 PM

Hi Frumple. I don't suppose you finished this? Amalgam creatures give so many possibilities to my campaigns, but I'm trying to keep everything usable for Hero Lab. Sorry if this is thread necromancy.

frumple September 19th, 2017 04:38 AM

It is still on my plate, but haven't been able to work on it for a while. Once I get some major HL projects off my plate I plan on getting back to it.