Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Exporting failure with partial data missing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58474)

cbradshaw007 May 21st, 2017 07:51 PM

Exporting failure with partial data missing

I have created duplicate of the Monster category, called it Adversaries and modified the template. After getting it where i wanted it and putting in some test data, I exported the full realm. The only data in this Realm is the new category and the sample data.

I then hopped into a clean realm with we be goblins imported.

Next I imported the test data.

The result is less than satisfying. My category made it over as well as the tags I had created. The test data did as well, mostly...

The entries that were a Numeric Value Snippet or Labeled Text snippet failed to carry over.

Errors reported on import include the following:
The following considerations arose during game system conversion...
All game-focused article categories were converted to generic equivalents
Domain 'Import':
One or more tags from the original content were created for the new game system

Not sure what to do to fix this. Possible bug?

daplunk May 21st, 2017 08:33 PM

When you say test data mostly.

Did the data you had entered come over or not?

Keeping in mind that empty snippets do not get imported. If you have just have a bunch of empty snippets in the content that's all dropped during the export / import process.

daplunk May 21st, 2017 08:34 PM

See David's response below from an earlier post.

Quote:

davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old Today, 05:40 AM
Export automatically removes empty snippets. So they won't be present in the import file and if you wanted them added, you would have to follow what others have suggested in this thread.

cbradshaw007 May 22nd, 2017 10:03 AM

As an example, the test data had a list of characteristics. The labels were the individual characteristic, brawn, agility, etc. the entry was a numerical value ranging from 1-6. These failed to come over while other entries did come over.

cbradshaw007 May 25th, 2017 05:46 AM

What is the best way to report a bug?

kbs666 May 25th, 2017 06:51 AM

did you import into a realm of a different game system?

cbradshaw007 May 25th, 2017 08:03 AM

I thought about that. How does one look at what the game system is after you have created the realm?

kbs666 May 25th, 2017 10:08 AM

open the realm
Manage tab -> General-> Game System

daplunk May 25th, 2017 12:24 PM

There's a stickied thread in these forums for reporting bugs.

cbradshaw007 May 28th, 2017 08:28 AM

Got it sorted. The realm that I created the export in was "other" and I was importing to another system. When I import to another realm that is also "other" it is fine.

This still seems like a bug for me. Data is data, I'm even working in new categories.

Should I be using "System Neutral" to do this?

I could understand if I was modifying a current category or tag and it doens't work within the system I am importing it into, but why would simple entries not import? As I said, the things that failed to come over are numeric entries with simple numbers and labeled entries with text.