Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   WH: 8th Ed (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10265)

GreenTea May 10th, 2010 03:18 PM

WH: 8th Ed

With GW on the horizon for releasing 8th edition WHFB in July, apparently there will be army erratas to conform to the new 8th edition ruleset.

I'll be happy to proofread any fixes here for Army Bulder for Warriors of Chaos (my main army) and any others I happen to have.

How will the update for 8th edition occur? Will the previous main files become obsoleted? Since the main structure of the game, at least according to rumors, will change quite a bit, I expect this to be the case.

robert May 10th, 2010 03:55 PM

from what i read 8e will be a p big change... so i will probably start a new set of data files based on the 7e ones but spearate. anyone know when it is out? :~)

Yobtar May 10th, 2010 05:14 PM

july 10 2010 is what ive heard/read

GreenTea June 15th, 2010 10:20 PM

Preorder!

I preordered 8th edition today. Should be fun!

Mr_Rose June 16th, 2010 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert (Post 38423)
from what i read 8e will be a p big change... so i will probably start a new set of data files based on the 7e ones but spearate. anyone know when it is out? :~)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GW website
Availability: This product is available for pre-order and will be released on the 10th of July.

Pre-orders went on-line yesterday at 10:00am BST (and promptly broke the server :p ) and you should be able to get access to a preview copy at your local GW store by the end of the week, just in case you wanted to start compiling lists of things early. ;)

Anyway, most of the changes are unrelated to stat-lines from what I can tell, so you'll mostly want to look at the updated "college" lores of magic and the new list of common magic items.

Other things of note; hand weapons with shields now give a 6+ ward save in CC rather than an extra +1 to your base armour, monsters get extra "stomp" attacks at very low initiative (and big monsters get more), and, apparently (I can't confirm this) some monstrous mounts combine their profiles with their riders somehow.

ASTREETGAMES June 20th, 2010 10:00 PM

I have a preview copy in my hands, if anyone wants to start working on a file now just email me.

Groznit Goregut July 2nd, 2010 08:42 AM

So, what's going to happen with 8th Ed? I guess that regular folk write up stuff for new Army Builder? Is someone going to write one for 8th Ed? Is someone doing it now? Will we have to wait until the new book is released to the public?

I just got Army Builder and am trying to tool around with the new 8th Ed rules. I'm hoping someone is working on the new edition.

Katie Drake July 2nd, 2010 12:51 PM

Yeah, I'm equally curious to know if anyone is currently working on updating the Fantasy datafiles to function with 8th edition.

karlhunt July 8th, 2010 02:18 PM

Wow, used to be that this place was buzzing with comments. Anyway, is anyone working on 8th ed or do we need to start a group to take care of it?

Freylis July 10th, 2010 12:36 AM

I had a go at editing the generic items and magic lores, but it's a challenge to interpret how the file has been laid out by the original author. I'm happy to contribute with any filling in of information, but if I was to update the files to 8th edition I'd probably need to start from scratch. I'd suggest waiting to hear from the original author first and take it from there.