Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Feature Request -Dice Roller (Windows Version) (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60063)

TheProgramer January 29th, 2018 07:16 PM

Feature Request -Dice Roller (Windows Version)

Hero Lab for Mac and Hero Lab Online have dice icons next to things that can be rolled (such as attacks and skill checks) that will automatically roll the appropriate numbers.

Can we get this feature for the windows version?

EightBitz January 30th, 2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProgramer (Post 262312)
Hero Lab for Mac and Hero Lab Online have dice icons next to things that can be rolled (such as attacks and skill checks) that will automatically roll the appropriate numbers.

+1 for this

Rone February 1st, 2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProgramer (Post 262312)

I passed your suggestion on to the appropriate team. Thanks!

TheProgramer February 1st, 2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rone (Post 262501)

Wow that would be truly amazing! Thank you.

Techgnosis February 8th, 2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rone (Post 262501)

Better yet, how about a "Play" mode, like they have on the iPad. This way you could have your dice roller PLUS the sane display (I really dislike the Statblock display on the PC, the Character Sheet style display in Play mode on iPad is WAY better as thats what I am sure most of us learned on), but on your laptop, many of which have touch screens now anyways so,...

Rone February 9th, 2018 05:12 AM

So noted, Techgnosis!

KeithBulter September 15th, 2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techgnosis (Post 262827)
Better yet, how about a over the counter fat burner "Play" mode, like they have on the iPad. This way you could have your dice roller PLUS the sane display (I really dislike the Statblock display on the PC, the Character Sheet style display in Play mode on iPad is WAY better as thats what I am sure most of us learned on), but on your laptop, many of which have touch screens now anyways so,...

I know the request has been already noted, but I would like to second the suggestion for Play Mode. ASAP, please.

Krothos September 17th, 2018 12:25 PM

Blasphemy! The act of rolling physical dice should never be substituted or replaced!

May all the gods of Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder smite you where you game!

:D :eek: :D

That being said, having a dice roller in HL would be cool. :)

charlieluce September 17th, 2018 06:09 PM

When I GM I use the die roller in MapTool. It tends to roll low, which my players consider a feature. ;)

Aaron September 26th, 2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 270581)
When I GM I use the die roller in MapTool. It tends to roll low, which my players consider a feature. ;)

I use the roller native in HL, myself. It's not specifically loaded with your bonuses like in HLO or the Ipad App, but it works well enough for my purposes.