Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Class Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53739)

KazMx September 2nd, 2015 10:51 AM

Class Packs

So how do you feel about the class packs?

Making the switch?

Quote:

Unlock your favorite Pathfinder classes with Hero Lab’s new “Class Packs” – everything from seven essential rulebooks, all for only $29.99!

Whether you’re a seasoned adventurer or new to Pathfinder, Class Packs are the perfect, low-cost entry path to get started creating characters with Hero Lab! Each Class Pack unlocks 3-4 classes and includes everything from seven of the most popular Pathfinder rulebooks. Choose your favorite Class Pack and harness the power of this ENnie award-winning product for only $29.99. Expand your options with additional Class Packs for only $6.99 apiece!

How Do Class Packs Work?
  • Create and manage characters from the 3-4 classes unlocked by each Class Pack. For example, if you select the Druid Class Pack, you’ll unlock the Druid, Oracle, Shaman, and Spiritualist classes, allowing you to build characters from those four classes in Hero Lab.
  • Class Packs include everything from seven essential rulebooks: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, Advanced Player’s Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Advanced Class Guide, Occult Adventures, and Ultimate Intrigue (when it releases in spring 2016.) All archetypes for unlocked classes are included, as well as all feats, spells, gear, optional rules, and everything else from those rulebooks – it’s all you need to create characters with your unlocked classes.
  • Further add-ons like Advanced Race Guide, the Summon Monster Creature Package, and Player Companion packages can be readily integrated with Class Packs. They are purchased and behave just like they do in Hero Lab today.
  • Hero Lab users who already use another game system, like Shadowrun or Mutants & Masterminds, can get started with their first Class Pack for only $20! Simply add the Pathfinder Class Pack option you want to your Hero Lab license through our website.
  • For our existing Pathfinder users, if you feel that Class Packs are a better fit for your style, you can switch to the new Class Packs for free! Be sure to review all the details before converting, as it’s a one-way, one-time option. The conversion option is also a limited time offer, so don’t miss out!

While the info above covers the most important details about Class Packs, we know that many prospective users will have questions and/or want more information. We’ve provided extensive details on our website, plus we’ve assembled a comprehensive FAQ. So read on to learn more!

Exmortis September 2nd, 2015 10:59 AM

I own every single Paizo source except unchained, and will be that way as I both play and GM. However, from a player only perspective, this could be a great way to "manage" the budget.

Anything that is optional, but helps others get what they want/need? Sounds good to me.

Amatyr September 3rd, 2015 12:30 AM

I think I would have been really happy with this when I started using Hero Lab, although now I've got a bunch of books already I probably won't bother to switch over.

zethallon September 5th, 2015 05:37 PM

Same thoughts as Amatyr -- at this point, own enough of the material that I won't be switching either but is a nice entry for those that just started the game.

Sarelth September 5th, 2015 05:42 PM

It seems like a good starting point for new users. As a GM I would be at a loss to lose all the classes now though.

charlieluce September 5th, 2015 09:23 PM

Yeah, it look like a very nice way to get a new player started without having to lay out a lot of money for rulebook packages, but if you stick with it long enough you'll end up at the same place either way.