Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Not able to save stat blocks in the Statblock Snippet (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54113)

Nikmal October 19th, 2015 03:48 PM

Not able to save stat blocks in the Statblock Snippet

I go to try and enter a stat block in the snippet for same.. and it is not letting me do so. (not giving me the option as the save button is grayed out).

I am also bug reporting this but hoping I am just doing something incorrect for some reason. This is getting bothersome now. I am not able to do any of my prep now. I am going to have to print it all out and do it the old way which is really cumbersome. :(

rob October 19th, 2015 04:07 PM

Please outline the specific steps you're taking so that we can repeat them on this end and see if we can reproduce the problem.

Nikmal October 19th, 2015 04:22 PM

*note- if I want to save it now I have to use the switch realms button go to the realms screen and the sync the realm. Enter the realm once again going to the topic I am trying to create the stat block and then the statblock itself and I am then and only then able to save the statblock.

Ok here is what I am doing:

I create the topic using Events tab and specifically the "event" tab with the icon that looks like a piece of film.

I then fill in the topic with the encounter I am trying to create for the prep.

I save it.

I click on the "Create New Data" button under the statblock snippet. It brings me to a blank page then. I enter the data I am trying to save. I go to save it and nothing happens. The button to save it is grayed out and not able to save the data.

This is the data I am wanting to save for at least one stat block.

Boar Pit Fighter
Medium humanoid (human), lawful evil
__________________________________________________ ________
Armor Class 15 (studded leather)
Hit Points 58 (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft.
__________________________________________________ _______
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
16 (+3) 16 (+3) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 12 (+1) 15 (+2)
Saving Throws Str +5, Dex +5
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidation +4
Senses passive Perception 13
Languages Common
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
Brave. The boar pit fighter has advantage on saving throws
against being frightened.
Actions
Multiattack. The boar pit fighter makes two melee weapon
attacks with its chosen weapon. If wielding clawed gauntlets, it
can make an extra two attacks.

Veteran
Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
__________________________________________________ __________
Armor Class 17 (splint)
Hit Points 58 (9d8 + 18)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
16 (+3) 13 (+1) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 11 (+0) 10 (+0)
Skills Athletics +5, Perception +2
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages any one language (usually Common)
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
Actions
Multiattack. The veteran makes two longsword attacks. If it has a
shortsword drawn, it can also make a shortsword attack.
Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one
target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage, or 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing
damage if used with two hands.
Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one
target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 100/400
ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d10) piercing damage.

rob October 19th, 2015 04:43 PM

Hmm. I just added a new statblock snippet to an existing topic. Then I clicked the "Create new data" button. I copied and pasted the block of HTML you provided above. Then I clicked the "Save" button, and it all worked fine. However, if I follow the steps you outlined above, I get the same behavior you experienced. We'll get this fixed.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around this pretty easily. When you FIRST go in to add the statblock contents, and the save option is greyed out, press the "Cancel" button at the top. Now try clicking the same button again to add the statblock contents and this time it should be fully savable. Yes, it's an annoyance, but it should work until we get the bug fixed. :)

Another option is to add a new statblock snippet to the topic instead of using the one that is auto-added when the topic is created. It seems the problem is limited to statblock snippets that are auto-added when topics are created, and it only applies the first time content is pasted in for the statblock.

Nikmal October 20th, 2015 03:03 AM

Rob,
I would try that "cancel" button thing but I am not seeing a cancel button option? When I am on the statblock snippet page.

When I select the statblock option it asks me if I want to save enter the statblock page and then I see "ok" or Cancel" from the pop-up window that comes up when I make that selection. That is the only "cancel" button I am seeing though. Nothing on the statblock page itself or anything like that?

Can you show me a screenshot image of the cancel button or give me some direction on it?

(just as an FYI when I am entering the statblocks into the statblock snippet I am not using the HTML tags in it.. I just used them for the above post to show you what my statblocks would look like via the snippet (I try and make them look like the statblocks that WotC uses in their modules))

rob October 20th, 2015 03:40 AM

When you click the "Create new data" button, the topic is swapped out for an editing area where you can enter the contents of the statblock. In the header region at the top, there is the "Save" button, which is greyed out. Right next to this button is a "Cancel" button, which has a red 'x' over the icon to indicate the cancel behavior. This is the button I'm referring to.

When I try to save contents for the statblock, the "save" button is greyed out, but the "cancel" button is not. If I click the "cancel" button and return to the topic, then I click the "create new data" button and try a second time, the "save" button is enabled and it all works for me.

Hope this helps!

Nikmal October 20th, 2015 10:11 AM

It seems to be working for now. It is a little clunky as sometimes I need to do it more than once to get it to save. But it seems to do so if I keep at it. This helps a little so I do appreciate it.