Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Feature request for Editor (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59139)

DeltaMasterMind September 7th, 2017 05:08 AM

Feature request for Editor

Hi everyone,
I am curious if the HeroLab Editor can be setup with a feature that can toggle through sources for testing custom made content files. Ok so to explain further, as I have been maintaining my own campaign user file for my group I didn't realize that those of my group that have their own Herolab account would get errors here and there do to me building upon source books that they have yet to buy. Thus causing me to stop setting up the game and fix the offending error on the spot.

The goal is to test my file against the Core package as that is my aim in my support of the file. The only way I can do this now is by using one of their licenses on my tower for testing. Is this possible with the current design of the Editor? If not would it be difficult to make a parser (basically a index checker that can use the sources as a quick check for breaking content?

Thanks for your time.

Aaron September 7th, 2017 07:05 AM

Develop -> Choose Supplement Packages lets you test your files with different packages turned on and off.

Hope that helps!

ShadowChemosh September 7th, 2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 255618)
I didn't realize that those of my group that have their own Herolab account would get errors here and there do to me building upon source books that they have yet to buy.

This should not happen anymore in HL unless your doing a Replace Thing ID. If you are referencing in a script or doing a bootstrap HL no longer will fall into safe mode.

This is why the Pathfinder Packs where able to go from almost 10 separate Packs down to just one.

Can you share more specific details of the errors?

DeltaMasterMind September 11th, 2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 255623)
Develop -> Choose Supplement Packages lets you test your files with different packages turned on and off.

Hope that helps!

I am seeing a total of 17 items, these cover all sources available? Currently all are on. Note: Due to a string of situations I am currently using my friends spare license on my build machine. This is how I stumbled upon the issues, granted I only had two errors so not bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 255630)
This should not happen anymore in HL unless your doing a Replace Thing ID. If you are referencing in a script or doing a bootstrap HL no longer will fall into safe mode.

This is why the Pathfinder Packs where able to go from almost 10 separate Packs down to just one.

Can you share more specific details of the errors?

One error was because I had a thing residing within the "augments" tab which is a GR tab and they do not have that source material. I was experimenting and honestly didn't know what the tab was for but had all the fields I needed for my Summoning Jitsu ability. Since then I moved it to the "feats" tab until I think of a better spot.

The second error was from a prerequisite (pick) that looked for a Witch Archetype (White Haired Witch) for my "addon" archetype to that archetype.

I had the same issue in the past with a Tiefling ART that would grant flight to a tiefling if they also had the tiefling vestige wings, which I also had as a prerequisite (pick).

Aaron September 11th, 2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 255833)
I am seeing a total of 17 items, these cover all sources available? Currently all are on. Note: Due to a string of situations I am currently using my friends spare license on my build machine. This is how I stumbled upon the issues, granted I only had two errors so not bad.

I believe it's based on which packages you have added to your license. Remember that a data package often consists of multiple book sources. Looking at my list, I have 177 packages available in that menu (although many of those are background packages users wouldn't need to see or turn on/off).

DeltaMasterMind September 11th, 2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 255834)
I believe it's based on which packages you have added to your license. Remember that a data package often consists of multiple book sources. Looking at my list, I have 177 packages available in that menu (although many of those are background packages users wouldn't need to see or turn on/off).

With that being the case I am sure my account would have at least twice as many as my friends. Too lazy to get my laptop to check the exact number at the moment. I guess if I want those checks in play I might just have to use childfound[] prerequisite scripts for the time being.