Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Creating a New Tab in 5e Editor (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61853)

Gladiator66 December 20th, 2018 05:53 PM

Creating a New Tab in 5e Editor

I had been trying to create new components/compsets to add to the 5e files for blessings and charms. However, I have decided to go another route. I have started adding editor tabs for blessings and charms using existing compsets that contain similar tags and fields to what is needed for blessings and charms. The compsets that I have been trying to use are "baseboon" and "basefeat". I have added multiple tags to the editor using it_taglist and it_tagcheck without any problems. However, the first field that I tried to add to the editor using it_tagfield resulted in the following error:

Edit Thing 'BaseBoon' Editor references field 'abRange' that isn't assigned to compset

This error has occurred when I tried to include any of the fields in the baseboon or basefeat editor entries (with the specific field being substituted for "abRange" in the error example listed above). Has anyone come across this problem in the past?

ShadowChemosh December 20th, 2018 07:05 PM

Your issue is that BaseFeat and BaseBoon are NOT component sets they are components which are different. Components make up a component set.

The component sets for these are Feat and Boon. Give those a try and see if that fixes the issue.

Gladiator66 December 21st, 2018 02:16 PM

Thanks for the guidance and info. Since I can't look at the XML code for the 5e SRD system, it is difficult figuring out what is what. I just tried using Feat and Boon and got the following error with both:

File: 5e_Editor.dat (line 11) - Edit Thing - Duplicate record encountered ("Boon")

If you have additional ideas, let me know and I will give them a try.

ShadowChemosh December 21st, 2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator66 (Post 274222)
Thanks for the guidance and info. Since I can't look at the XML code for the 5e SRD system, it is difficult figuring out what is what. I just tried using Feat and Boon and got the following error with both:

File: 5e_Editor.dat (line 11) - Edit Thing - Duplicate record encountered ("Boon")

If you have additional ideas, let me know and I will give them a try.

Looks like you can't have two editor tabs for the same exact Thing. As LW already has a Feat/Boon editor that is all that can be added. You can make new editor tabs for NEW component sets you created that include some of the same components.

In example I created a new 5e Community editor tab for Selection Helpers because LW never added one. :)

Gladiator66 December 22nd, 2018 05:27 AM

I had looked earlier at the Selection Helper tab that you had created in the editor. However, I cannot find in the community files where you created the component "SelectHelp" that goes with the "SelectHelp" compset referenced in the editor file. I can see that I need to create a new component because I get the following error when I reference a new compset in the creation of a new editor tab.

Edit Thing 'Blessing' - Editor defined for non-existent component 'Blessing'

Did you create a new component "SelectHelp" to allow you to create the new editor tab, or was this component already existing? Thanks again.

ShadowChemosh December 22nd, 2018 11:00 AM

Selection Helpers component set is made by LW but like many things they didn’t add a editor tab for it. So to make it easy to use and see I made the editor tab like I did in Pathfinder. Hence why you wont find any .str files for the associated component.

If you look at the Pathfinder community stuff you will find examples of not only new components, component sets but also new editor tabs. Feel free to use that if you need examples.

https://github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-Pathfinder