Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How can I do that? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10410)

tkarn May 31st, 2010 01:29 PM

How can I do that?

For my AE project I have the following problem....

the witch class has different aspects: f.i. a wood witch, a winter witch, a wind witch and many more.

each of this witch type has 5 (ore more) class abilities, you can chose and pick every 5 levels.

How can I make the selection of the witch type and how can I select one of the class abilities?

Lawful_g May 31st, 2010 06:31 PM

I would either make 5 versions of the class, or I would make the 5 class abilities Custom Abilities that relied on the aspect chosen (also a custom ability). Probably the Custom ability route is better because it would not clog up the class selection screen.

tkarn May 31st, 2010 11:22 PM

Thank you!

Can I find it somewhere in the manual how to handle custom abilities?

Lawful_g June 1st, 2010 01:08 AM

I don't think so, they are pretty easy though. All you have to do is set the number the class gets at each level, then create them in the Custom Ability tab of the editor. Make sure you mark the "Available to Class" drop down menu correctly.

tkarn June 1st, 2010 01:25 PM

It works fine....

tkarn June 9th, 2010 03:22 AM

Now I have a problem coding the Champion class....

A champion has different causes, f.i. life, magic, death etc. This selection I do via a cusom ability chosen at level 1. At Level 1, 5, 10, 15, 20 he gets a champion ability depending on the cause.

I programmed different special abilities at the level with the cause as a prerequisite. It works fine and the ability is red in the ability list, if a cuse is not chosen. But now I have a long list of special abilities.

1. How can I make the special abilities invisible, when the cause is not selected?
2. Choosing the cause will give the champion bonus class skills. How can I programm that?

Thank you.

Lawful_g June 9th, 2010 09:17 AM

#1 can't be done as far as I know, you'll just have to live with them there but greyed out.

#2 in each cause make an Eval script at First 100:
~ Add a class skill
perform hero.child[cHelpXXX].assign[ClassSkill.Profession]

Where you replace XXX with your class' 3 letter abbreviation and Profession with each skill. If you are giving proficiency with all Profession, Knowledge, Craft, or Perform skills then assign the name of the category. Otherwise, if just giving Knowledge Arcana for example, put the unique ID of those skills (kKnowArcan in this example).

tkarn June 9th, 2010 10:57 AM

Thank you.....

tkarn June 9th, 2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 39669)
#1 can't be done as far as I know, you'll just have to live with them there but greyed out.

That's a pity. There are actually 10 causes..... Is it possible to have it on a seperate screen like it is done on spellcasting classes?

Lawful_g June 9th, 2010 12:14 PM

You mean in the little "I" button to the left? I am not sure.

Why do you want to? They shouldn't show on the tab initially unless you have already added the custom ability.