Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   DDI Download issue (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13764)

evildmguy August 17th, 2011 03:34 PM

DDI Download issue

Okay,

So I got the new version (3.8) and then I tried to get the 4E data but there is no data/4E directory anymore and the ddidownloader won't run without those directories.

Do I just create them and it will pick them up? Or is there something else I have to do?

Thanks!

evildmguy August 17th, 2011 06:06 PM

I get the error: Could not open mapping file.

Is it still possible to download from DDI?

Thanks!

evildmguy August 18th, 2011 02:18 PM

Anyone?

cryptoknight August 18th, 2011 02:49 PM

What version of windows? I know for Win7 you'd find the correct updater in

C:\programdata\Hero Lab\data\4e

Now. If you still see it under program files, you might need to reinstall.

Colen August 19th, 2011 10:54 AM

Make sure you're running the downloader from the right folder - you should be running it from within the "4e" folder, like cryptoknight posted. If you run it from some other folder, it won't be able to find the appropriate files to load and won't run.

Chokra Broodslayer August 28th, 2011 05:10 PM

This program isn't working properly...

When I try to open Hero Lab...

I get the error that the data files cannot be loaded because of numerous duplicate entries.

I have tried re-updating the Hero Lab 4th Edition as well as re-running the newest ddidownloader.exe file.

I'm at a loss here.

I was working up a character, back when it WAS working right, and not all of the proper stuff for a gnome bard was available -- it was missing all of the racial and class feats and abilities. So, I re-downloaded the 4th edition for Hero Lab then it was messed up. So I re-ran the ddidownloader.exe -- I have tried both of these multiple times. No success.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Colen September 2nd, 2011 09:02 AM

Chokra, what sort of duplicate entries do the reports mention? If you can copy and paste the message into a post here, that'll help us diagnose your problem.

DMayhew469 September 17th, 2011 07:41 AM

I have run the 4e downloader twice now and the Bladesinger class was not downloaded either time.

DarkSpiral September 17th, 2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMayhew469 (Post 62679)
I have run the 4e downloader twice now and the Bladesinger class was not downloaded either time.

Are you sure the Bladesinger is in the Hero Lab system yet?

Takeda October 21st, 2011 12:04 PM

DDI Downloader Blues

I subscribed for a month to DDI so I could get the data but after running more than 11 hours it said there were 2 files that didn't download and did I want to retry or quit. After retrying a number of times without any love for a few hours I opted to quit and have what I did have download.

DDIDownloader began to unpack it all but then crashed. No error reported, just crashed. So it didn't install what it had already downloaded. I wasn't sure if 'restore files' would work but I tried it ... then fired up Hero Lab 4e and pretty much everything was still blank. So I guess my only option is to re-run the download ...

I guess my Question/Issue is IF restore files is supposed to rerun the .dat files unpacking it didn't do it ... or if not could we have this option so that we don't have to rerun the entire 12+ hour download to unpack 99.9% of the files we do have?