Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Interface Zero 2.0 : Any hope? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48418)

Lord Karick February 4th, 2017 01:29 AM

Hi, where are we a year on? Should we forget this, or is there still hope?

zarlor February 4th, 2017 06:27 AM

If you look at some of the other development cycles here a year isn't all that long for a major setting data file, especially for one as complex as IZ2 is sounding like it is. I'm pretty sure this is still in the works and, as one of CCs other recent posts suggests, there appears to be a hitch with just the latest updates they're working on for the Savage Worlds base and those are probably integral for preparing for some of the things needed by IZ2 and Savage Rifts.

CapedCrusader February 4th, 2017 11:15 PM

I've got over half of the work done already on IZ 2.0. I just need to get the update out before I can finish it.

Thorneldrich May 26th, 2017 01:30 PM

Deeply grateful for your hard work

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 243387)
I've got over half of the work done already on IZ 2.0. I just need to get the update out before I can finish it.

Thank you. Those of us waiting for the IZ2.0 HL files are eternally grateful for the help!

The Official GMG IZ2.0 set seems to be dead in the water. The only coder they had for Hero Lab has been out on a medical problem & I fear she may not be back (been a 2 years+ since they even updated the one thread I could find on the old forums, nothing on the new ones at all).

CapedCrusader May 26th, 2017 02:26 PM

That's because they turned over the development of it to me. I got a bunch done on it this week, 75% done. Should be finished soon.

CapedCrusader May 26th, 2017 02:28 PM

What I am looking at now is perhaps making some changes to the underlying code to make a couple of things easier. I'm discussing them with the head engineer.

CapedCrusader May 26th, 2017 02:31 PM

Note to Setting file authors: I'm finding that ability to have equipment on or off with the Equipped tags is very useful. Coupled with Derived Traits, it allows you to build completely external (user file-level) methods of tracking things. I am using it to support the Active Memory Sectors. Only the Equipped ones count towards the total currently in use. That update should be out next week.

Thorneldrich May 27th, 2017 09:23 AM

YES! TY GMG & CapedCrusader! I am so glad they found a good Hero Lab data coder!

One question, will the IZ2.0 data set be going through the update system built into HL or will it be manual install/update?

TY again!

CapedCrusader May 27th, 2017 01:01 PM

It'll be an official release, so it'll update through Hero Lab..

Thorneldrich May 27th, 2017 09:04 PM

Sweet. TY for the info.