Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   animals missing from Wild Shape (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54764)

adalast January 21st, 2016 08:44 PM

animals missing from Wild Shape

I am trying to set up wild shape, and it seems to be missing quite a few animals that I should be eligible for. Things like the Dinosaurs and Dire Tiger, or heck, the regular tigers. I was really looking forward to using this feature, but without the useful forms it is kinda falling flat for me. Any clue what is going on? I have the core and all of the free stuff. I am working on getting some of the other basic ones, but I figured I would be able to get access to those since I have the dinos for my animal companion. *sigh*:confused:

Togainu January 21st, 2016 09:05 PM

You are most likely missing the required bestiaries. They hold the stat blocks for those creatures

ShadowChemosh January 21st, 2016 09:48 PM

Keep in mind the Community created version of the "Beast Shape 1-4" spell adjustments still exist and work with nothing but the Core License. You just need to install the "Basic Pack" and turn on "ShadowChemosh Adjustments".

adalast January 22nd, 2016 11:26 AM

ok, i will try the community thing, but which bestiearies do i generally need for a goodly number of wildshape forms? I thought most of the things like "Dire Tiger" were in the core books?

ShadowChemosh January 22nd, 2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adalast (Post 222471)
ok, i will try the community thing, but which bestiearies do i generally need for a goodly number of wildshape forms? I thought most of the things like "Dire Tiger" were in the core books?

The Core rulebook does not have a single "Monster" in it. The Bestiary Books 1 to 5 have Monsters or Animals or Vermin. Only Animal Companions which are NOT animals are in the Core rule book. Animal Companions stats do not match to the Bestiary books and run on total different rules.

Here is a LIST of animals from the different Bestiary Books. If I look at the Axe Beak and then look at the bottom of the page the Copy Right is to Bestiary 3.

If you where using paper and wanted to find the stats for your Dire Tiger what book would you look in to get them? Hero Lab works the same way as the paper books in that regards.

adalast January 22nd, 2016 01:06 PM

ok, well I went and bought the bestiary 1-3 pack as well as the ultimate combat, ultimate magic, and advanced player companion, totaling 60 bucks now to be able to run pathfinder characters reliably, and this feature is STILL NOT WORKING. I have a total of 70 animals to choose from in my list.
I would really suspect that with this feature I would be able to select any valid target in the entire monster database, but it isn't. Just the same 70 monsters that were there before I spent 30 bucks on the content packs to expand it.

http://i.imgur.com/7dlBiKB.png

Togainu January 22nd, 2016 01:50 PM

After getting new content there are 2 things you need to do.

1. Reactivate your license. In the top menu go to: License -> Reactivate license

2. Alter an existing portfolio's selected allowed sources. Either by top menu: Character -> configure hero or CTRL+k inside the portfolio (and in this case select the bestiaries)

ShadowChemosh January 22nd, 2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Togainu (Post 222481)
After getting new content there are 2 things you need to do.

1. Reactivate your license. In the top menu go to: License -> Reactivate license

2. Alter an existing portfolio's selected allowed sources. Either by top menu: Character -> configure hero or CTRL+k inside the portfolio (and in this case select the bestiaries)

Yep this is the most likely cause! :)