Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   License upgrade, player to DM (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59173)

Aerodemyx September 14th, 2017 10:35 AM

License upgrade, player to DM

Hello,

I already owned a player edition of the realmworks software, but now I've decided to upgrade to the DM version since I also started running games myself.

Only problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade to my new license, if possible at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

PS: If really not possible; how can I make a new account with the new license?

Ualaa September 14th, 2017 07:08 PM

I'm not sure where the upgrade option is, having gone with the GM license off the bat.
But they did say that it was an upgrade option.

daplunk September 14th, 2017 08:58 PM

I don't think they released this option yet. There was talk of it being possible in the future but no eta. Suggest you email them to see if anything can be done.

Merion September 15th, 2017 12:16 AM

I suggest emailing them too. There is no official upgrade plan yet (there really should be!), but maybe they can find an individual solution for you.

Parody September 15th, 2017 06:12 AM

To make a new Realm Works account using the same Windows user, you need to delete or move your master.realm file. Then RW will ask you for a user again and you can go through the process. I believe you'll also need to use a different email address than the one you used for the player account.

(This may not be what you want to do, but it is how you do it.)

ruhar September 20th, 2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 255992)
To make a new Realm Works account using the same Windows user, you need to delete or move your master.realm file. Then RW will ask you for a user again and you can go through the process. I believe you'll also need to use a different email address than the one you used for the player account.

(This may not be what you want to do, but it is how you do it.)

I truly hope that is not the case. I would think you could install the full version and use the same email account. Aerodemyx please let us know what you find out.

Parody September 20th, 2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 256258)
I would think you could install the full version....

The software is the same regardless of whether you have a GM or Player account. There is only the full version; it's all up to what is attached to your account on LWD's server.

Upgrading an account is another thing that's been pushed off until after the Content Market.

Talley Darkstar September 25th, 2017 09:38 PM

The last thing I heard was from Liz a ways back that it was supposed to release around the same time as the Content Market, but, like I said, Liz said it and that's been a while. I'm wanting to do the same thing and still waiting, it's the last piece I need.