Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Deadlands Setting file (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58649)

CapedCrusader June 22nd, 2017 07:58 PM

Deadlands Setting file

OK, let's start making a list of changes we'd like to see in the Deadlands: Reloaded file...

1. First and foremost, re-factor and clean up what's there, allowing it to use all of the functionality that's been added since the file was originally created.

zarlor June 23rd, 2017 04:23 AM

Adding sources to it for the later add-ons, like "Last Sons", "The Flood" and "Stone and a Hard Place".

Under your header of added functionality I'm going to assume that includes the fixes put in for Harrowed in the other Deadlands settings, but if not I'd certainly include that on the list.

CapedCrusader July 8th, 2017 11:55 PM

Well, The Flood is easy. I ran that. I have the material for Last Sons, but not Stone and a Hard Place. I worked a bit today on updating the Deadlands file. I added The Flood, since I had that data already in a file of my own, it just needed a bit of updating.

Twowolves July 11th, 2017 07:15 PM

Ammo tracking would be nice under the "in play" tab.

The ability to add or subtract money less than whole dollars under the "journal" tab.

Hexslingers!!

Not all of the powers are properly restricted by Arcane Background (Hucksters should not have access to Smite, for example).

Just off of the top of my head

jfrazierjr July 12th, 2017 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowolves (Post 252601)
Ammo tracking would be nice under the "in play" tab.

The ability to add or subtract money less than whole dollars under the "journal" tab.

I am pretty sure the former won't be done. The entire "money" system is built upon integers which don't allow fractions/decimal from what i understand. It would have to be something built into the base Savage Worlds game files from the ground up and I get the feeling that this would be an immense amount of work to add in the support without much real benefit.

zarlor July 12th, 2017 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrazierjr (Post 252609)
I am pretty sure the former won't be done. The entire "money" system is built upon integers which don't allow fractions/decimal from what i understand. It would have to be something built into the base Savage Worlds game files from the ground up and I get the feeling that this would be an immense amount of work to add in the support without much real benefit.

Really? I know CC at one point in the bug reports thread wrote:
Quote:

BTW - "Journal can't add fractions of money"

This will be in the quick fix. It's a float number now.
Which I guess I thought implied fractional values should be capable of being displayed. I know it's been on the requested features list for a long time, though.

jfrazierjr July 12th, 2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarlor (Post 252611)
Really? I know CC at one point in the bug reports thread wrote:

Which I guess I thought implied fractional values should be capable of being displayed. I know it's been on the requested features list for a long time, though.

Well.. I GUESS I did not understand what he said in a different place(possibly from a search and going back a while). Not out of the ordinary though.

zarlor July 12th, 2017 08:27 AM

Well, based on that quote I'm just assuming, but we all know what it means to assume anything. :/

CapedCrusader July 13th, 2017 02:55 PM

The money thing is fixed in the next update. I'm doing the package testing right now. It turned out not to be so quick because I'm including the Interface Zero changes as well.