Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Turning off Core Deities & Metamagic (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13918)

tatteredking September 8th, 2011 12:19 PM

Turning off Core Deities & Metamagic

Howdy all,

I'm running a Pathfinder Game in Eberron. I want to set HeroLab up so none of the core Pathfinder deities (and demon lords) show up. I've unchecked the Core Deities box in the character configuration, but am still getting a host of non-Eberron deities.

Second question......I know metamagic feats don't have "Must be a spellcaster" as a prerequisite, but logic dictates they should. Is there any way to get them to only show up for spellcasters...and not for my double axe wielding half orc fighter?

Mathias September 8th, 2011 12:42 PM

#1 - most of the deities are in "Core Rulebook Deities", "Inner Sea World Guide", and "Gods & Magic", with some others scattered through the other campaign setting and player's companion books (like some elven deities in Elves of Golarion) - you'll need to turn off all those sources to not see them. Look at the "Appears In" text at the bottom of the deity's description to see which sources you need to turn off in order to hide that deity.

#2 - you can make replacements for each feat in the editor to add an "Ability to cast spells required" exprreq.

Here's the expression you can use for that Expr-req
Code:

#cancastspells[] <> 0

Charender September 8th, 2011 01:17 PM

Followup question, is there an easy way to make it so that when a certain source is active, like my homebrew campaign rules, the core dieties sources are automatically turned off?

chiefweasel September 9th, 2011 04:51 AM

When you go to the Configure hero option from the pull down menu, a pop up dialog box will appear. you can select or de-select any of the source materials you want or not want to use.

Charender September 9th, 2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefweasel (Post 62314)
When you go to the Configure hero option from the pull down menu, a pop up dialog box will appear. you can select or de-select any of the source materials you want or not want to use.

I know that, but I want to make it so that when my homebrew campaign is active it deselects the other sources automatically. I don't want to have to hunt down sources XYZ for every character I create in my campaign.

chiefweasel September 9th, 2011 08:08 AM

you can set what sources you want and not want as a default. that way every time you create a new PC or NPC it will use the same sources. Just select/deselect the sources you want/dont want and then click on the Set Default button.

Charender September 9th, 2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefweasel (Post 62318)
you can set what sources you want and not want as a default. that way every time you create a new PC or NPC it will use the same sources. Just select/deselect the sources you want/dont want and then click on the Set Default button.

Problem is that I go back and forth between 4 different groups of settings.
PF Society
Core Rules only
My gaming group's house rules
My homebrew campaign rules.

I am looking for a way to make 4 sources that let me switch between these 4 sets.

chiefweasel September 9th, 2011 10:18 AM

You could create duplicate game systems, one for each group. Then configure the source materials for each one seperately. That way everything would be seperate.

Thazar September 9th, 2011 08:50 PM

This is what we have done. We have a game system for Core Only, one for PFS, and then one for "Doug's Game" and one for "Larry's Game".

This does make you update four times when a patch comes out however, but it makes custom campaign info, classes, spells, etc much easier to keep separated.

ShadowChemosh September 10th, 2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thazar (Post 62340)
This does make you update four times when a patch comes out however

Going to assume you are downloading the patch 4 times? In that case there is a much easier way. The patch/update is stored in HL after the download. You can find it at Hero Lab\download\pathfinder.hl and simply double clicking on it will start the HL import process again. Saves allot of time then downloading 4 times. :)

You can also use this to easily create a new CORE version of pathfinder. Double click the pathfinder.hl and on the import screen change the the game system folder to say "PathfinderCORE" and click Start Import. It will create the folder and install a fresh official copy of pathfinder only.