Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Babylon 5: A Call to Arms (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   B5 file 2.3 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6225)

deathlynx May 12th, 2006 08:53 AM

B5 file 2.3

Ok, so I spotted the problem with the command variant weapons and fixed it as well as taking care of the fighters (hopefully)...Are the fighters showing up properly for everyone?

Incidentally it has been downloaded today (5/12/06) at around noon...

tomc300 May 12th, 2006 04:33 PM

So far I have taken the file and folded, spindled and mutilated it and can't find anything wrong. Of course I was concentrating on the EA files. Now that the fighter bug is fixed, thank you, have you thought about limiting Thunderbolts from the ships that can't have them? For instance, I may be wrong, but I believe the Hyperion CAN'T have T-bolts (yes/no?!, am I just stupid?)

deathlynx May 14th, 2006 04:53 AM

Page 30 SFoS, "Any ships carrying one or more Starfury flights may replace any number of them for Thunderbolts. . .or Breaching Pods"

I'm glad the fighters are working now...Incidentally thank you for getting back to me...I'm primarily an ISA player myself so I tend to miss most everything...I'd notice the glaring inconcistancies in the ISA but miss everything else since I'm not as familiar with them...

tomc300 May 14th, 2006 07:25 PM

doh!!, completely missed that, I was going on the fluff I read somewhere. Like I said I haven't tested the others yet because I primarily play EA, but I am off all next week and plan to go through SFoS fleet by fleet and check it out. I am not very good, yet, at ABcreator but I have figured out some of it, for example if you haven't done this in your file yet go in the Hyperion and select hyprn2, it uses the same linkset as hyprn1, basically the assault and command variant ships are set up to use the assault variant linkset.

deathlynx May 15th, 2006 03:00 PM

EA was the first file I created...And again the first I revamped when I got SFoS...As such I started out trying something with that that I later discarded for virtually every other race...IE using linksets for the variants instead of putting them directly into the option...Afterwards I simply never bothered to go back and change them...they work as is, just a little more unwieldy when coding...

Keep in mind that any changes you make will be overwritten when a new version of the file comes out...It's something we've been dealing with on the WFB forum, so I figured I'd remind everyone...

tomc300 May 15th, 2006 08:32 PM

Yeah, I saw that, I have been saving my files with a number on the end, i.e. earthal1.dat, etc etc. When an updated file is posted I will just use my most recent file and edit the updated file w/ what I have done. I have a MUCH better idea of what kind of work you have done on this now and I think you are doing a good job. To think this whole thing started when I tried to use a Hyperion Command ship in a game and I kept getting the Assault Variant weapons fit, when I finally figured that out is when I went looking through ABCreator to find the problem, I didn't know that I was committing myself to all that I have done so far in testing everything. BTW, so far I have found nothing to complain about in any other files, and I DID see the difference in the files where you used options for the variants instead of linksets, and it IS much easier to troubleshoot. Anyway, please keep up the good work and I plan to keep practicing my .xml skills to where I can hopefully take some of the work off of you on updating files. After all, Armageddon is right around the corner, and then ACTA v.2 after that. I can't wait.

tomc300 May 25th, 2006 07:21 PM

Ok, I have found a booboo in the ISA files, the Victory is supposed to carry 3 flights of starfurys AND 3 flights of Tbolts, but now you can only have one or the other.

deathlynx May 28th, 2006 06:41 AM

Ack...you're right...missed that one...Quick fix though...