Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Oracle Selective Channeling (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58574)

freakman22 June 8th, 2017 04:05 PM

Oracle Selective Channeling

I'm not sure exactly when it happened (sometime in the last week) but now my life Oracle, who has Oracle Channel Positive Energy, is saying that it no longer qualifies for the feat "Selective Channeling". I installed the June 5th update for the adventurer's guide which I'm guessing is the culprit. Was there a bug introduced in this update?

charlieluce June 8th, 2017 07:25 PM

I think it might be. Is your Oracle showing Channel Energy on the In-Play Tab? If not I would report it as a bug.

Olmac June 9th, 2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakman22 (Post 251152)
I'm not sure exactly when it happened (sometime in the last week) but now my life Oracle, who has Oracle Channel Positive Energy, is saying that it no longer qualifies for the feat "Selective Channeling". I installed the June 5th update for the adventurer's guide which I'm guessing is the culprit. Was there a bug introduced in this update?

I am having the same issue. I reported it as a bug.
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 251164)
I think it might be. Is your Oracle showing Channel Energy on the In-Play Tab? If not I would report it as a bug.

Yes, channel shows up on the in play tab.

runnetib June 11th, 2017 11:42 AM

Just noticed the same issue. For the life of me, I can't recall how to report the bug from within Hero Lab.

ShadowChemosh June 11th, 2017 12:33 PM

General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources is a sticky thread at top of Forum where you request official support for issues. A bug is ANYTHING you think is not working correctly. Weather you know for a fact or are just wondering if it is wrong. Report it using the above links to get an official response from Lone Wolf. :)

asvaldson June 11th, 2017 03:54 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. While I don't play Life Oracles normally, one of my fellow players does, and she brought it to my attention. I'm glad the bug is already reported, but because she HATES Red warning messages, I showed her the 'Adjust' option to ignore feat pre-reqs for that feat lol.

MadTruman June 18th, 2017 05:18 PM

Experiencing this issue as well.

LazarX June 22nd, 2017 04:14 PM

It looks like Oracle Postive Channel Energy is no longer being seen as the same as Channel Positive Energy for the purposes of this feat. I can confirm this problem, tried switching in and out of mysteries... no go.

qstor June 29th, 2017 05:27 PM

Same here. Thanks for reporting it.

ShadowChemosh June 29th, 2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qstor (Post 252099)
Same here. Thanks for reporting it.

Nothing in this thread makes me think anyone actually reported this bug. Fourm posts are not bug reports. :(

Maidhc O Casain June 30th, 2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olmac (Post 251207)
II reported it as a bug.

Looks like Olmac did.

ShadowChemosh June 30th, 2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 252144)
Looks like Olmac did.

You guess.

The point is REPORT BUGS in the correct place and they get fixed. Writing a forum post with +1 or me too does not let LW track the issue.

Lots of people are afraid to report a bug. This is the exact opposite that LW wants. If you all have this issue REPORT IT then you are 100% sure it will get fixed.

Otherwise you are just ASSUMING someone reported. We all know what happens when you assume. :)

Silveras June 30th, 2017 05:33 PM

The other aspect to Shadow's point is.. the more people who report a bug, the more of a priority fixing it becomes. The bug tracker helps them know how many people are affected... "+1" or "me, too" in forum posts doesn't. At best, they'd have to look for those posts and count them.. and that's time NOT spent fixing things or making new things, so it is not something they will do.

Olmac July 1st, 2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olmac (Post 251207)
I am having the same issue. I reported it as a bug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 252100)
Nothing in this thread makes me think anyone actually reported this bug. Fourm posts are not bug reports. :(

Quote:

Thank you for reporting this issue. This will be fixed in the next update.

--
Mathias Gehl
Lone Wolf Development Support - support@wolflair.com http://www.wolflair.com

Tip: Is Hero Lab / Army Builder regularly going into demo mode? Make sure each of your computers is using a *different* license number. Each computer needs its own license number to run properly - you can activate your free secondary license from the License menu, then use your new license number on your second computer to get up and running.

-----Original Message-----
Reply-To: "clarke" <clarke>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 23:27:51 +0000
To: "support@wolflair.com" <support@wolflair.com>
Subject: Pathfinder bug report: Invalid channel feat despite being able to channel

>I have an oracle with the life mystery. I have taken channel as a
>revelation. My feat of selected channel is reporting as invalid saying
>I have to be able to channel. I am sure this was not the case prior to
>the last update.
As you can clearly see, I reported it properly on June 9th as I said I did. I also got an email saying that my report was received and will be addressed in the next update. I like and appreciate the effort you put into Hero Lab for the Pathfinder community but hate the fact you doubted my ability to properly report a bug.

[sarcasm]Thank you for assuming.[/sarcasm]

Minous July 1st, 2017 10:18 AM

Olmac, odds are he just missed that single line. Dealing with the volume of issues that Shadow deals will encouraging multiple people to report the same issue isnt a bad thing.

ShadowChemosh July 1st, 2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 252175)
Olmac, odds are he just missed that single line. Dealing with the volume of issues that Shadow deals will encouraging multiple people to report the same issue isnt a bad thing.

Thank you. Yes I missed the one line. Even if I "had" seen my answer would be the same. REPORT THE BUG. Do not post in the forums about it.

The issue is as I mentioned as I DO SEE IT ALLOT. Is people post in the forums and never actually report the bugs. I have seen issues mentioned in the forums multiple times. I have asked people "personally" to report a bug to LW especially about Psionics. I then put in a bug report and get told by LW that we never saw or knew about that issue. *Face Palm*.

@Olmac I am sorry if you feel I offended you somehow. Not at all my intent as I barely even notice who was talking in this thread. No matter who it was my answer would have been the same. STOP posting in the forums and put in a bug report. :)

I am so totally lost why people are getting pissed off to at being told to put in a bug report. Seriously does it hurt people? Does it cost money? Do you get embarrassed if LW says "Thanks we will fix that" or "Its already reported and its already fixed".

Please explain it to me cause I don't get it at all.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Minous July 1st, 2017 10:42 AM

The only time I post to the forum is to verify that something is a bug and not me just being an idiot. Because of the complexity of the rules getting a second opinion/verification that it is in fact a LW issue and not me just being stupid, I always forward them to LW. I dont understand either about people getting upset.

Would be nice if we could publicly view the bug tracker, but nothing is perfect.

Olmac July 1st, 2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 252181)
The only time I post to the forum is to verify that something is a bug and not me just being an idiot. Because of the complexity of the rules getting a second opinion/verification that it is in fact a LW issue and not me just being stupid, I always forward them to LW.

Would be nice if we could publicly view the bug tracker, but nothing is perfect.

↑ This ↑

Silveras July 2nd, 2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 252181)
The only time I post to the forum is to verify that something is a bug and not me just being an idiot. Because of the complexity of the rules getting a second opinion/verification that it is in fact a LW issue and not me just being stupid, I always forward them to LW. I dont understand either about people getting upset.

It is something of a double-edged blade, though...

Reporting the bug "properly" ensures that it gets on the internal tracker. More people reporting it helps to gauge the impact on the community as a whole. There are bugs I have reported that are languishing 2+ years later... perhaps because no one else has reported them, they are not seen as impacting enough people to be worth the effort to fixing when there are other bugs that help more people with less effort. By seeing a post in the forums, do more people assume they do not need to report the bug? There may be that kind of impact as well.

At the same time, LWD has asked people to report the bugs in the tracker even when not sure.. because it is easy for them to miss a forum post. Yet, sometimes they still acknowledge forum posts and say that it will be fixed. I think that undercuts the message to use the bug report system.

ShadowChemosh July 2nd, 2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 252209)

Reporting the bug "properly" ensures that it gets on the internal tracker. More people reporting it helps to gauge the impact on the community as a whole. There are bugs I have reported that are languishing 2+ years later... perhaps because no one else has reported them, they are not seen as impacting enough people to be worth the effort to fixing when there are other bugs that help more people with less effort. By seeing a post in the forums, do more people assume they do not need to report the bug? There may be that kind of impact as well.

At the same time, LWD has asked people to report the bugs in the tracker even when not sure.. because it is easy for them to miss a forum post. Yet, sometimes they still acknowledge forum posts and say that it will be fixed. I think that undercuts the message to use the bug report system.

Thank you! :)

Aaron July 2nd, 2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 252209)

Yes, getting lots of reports about a certain thing does move it up the priority list. I think I usually only respond that issue X is fixed when either I'm personally embarrassed by the bug or it's something like this where we get a flood of interest on the forums. Who knew so many people were playing life oracles and building their characters around channelling? I guess we know now it's a lot!

Mathias July 2nd, 2017 10:12 AM

But number of posts is not at all the most important thing in terms of how to prioritize a bug. The most important is how long the issue will take to fix - if it'll take 5-10 minutes, it's very likely to be fixed quickly. If it'll take several days to rebuild the way Hero Lab handles a mechanic, that's probably going to go on the back burner.

Another thing that can raise the importance of a bug is whether it was working at one time - fixing recently created mistakes is a priority.

Also important is how easily you can work around the bug - if it just alters the prereqs, for example, making it give an incorrect error, or when it doesn't report an error it should, that's not a major problem - users can still make a working character, they just have to ignore a message, or be careful to enforce a prereq themselves.

The percentage of characters affected is also important - if the bug only occurs on a specific build that requires a particular weapon + a particular feat + a particular class ability in order to encounter the issue, that's not as important as if something that would be encountered at 5th level by anyone playing a certain core rulebook character.

Olmac July 3rd, 2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 252219)
Yes, getting lots of reports about a certain thing does move it up the priority list. I think I usually only respond that issue X is fixed when either I'm personally embarrassed by the bug or it's something like this where we get a flood of interest on the forums. Who knew so many people were playing life oracles and building their characters around channelling? I guess we know now it's a lot!

I would think with Hell's Vengeance there are a lot of us playing Life Oracles. It is the best way to get healing on evil characters.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 252222)
But number of posts is not at all the most important thing in terms of how to prioritize a bug. The most important is how long the issue will take to fix - if it'll take 5-10 minutes, it's very likely to be fixed quickly. If it'll take several days to rebuild the way Hero Lab handles a mechanic, that's probably going to go on the back burner.

Another thing that can raise the importance of a bug is whether it was working at one time - fixing recently created mistakes is a priority.

Also important is how easily you can work around the bug - if it just alters the prereqs, for example, making it give an incorrect error, or when it doesn't report an error it should, that's not a major problem - users can still make a working character, they just have to ignore a message, or be careful to enforce a prereq themselves.

The percentage of characters affected is also important - if the bug only occurs on a specific build that requires a particular weapon + a particular feat + a particular class ability in order to encounter the issue, that's not as important as if something that would be encountered at 5th level by anyone playing a certain core rulebook character.

This is something that was working when I built the character and stopped working after the last big update.

I get the priority issue and honestly, it is only a warning, and does not seem to effect the play ability of the character in Hero Lab. It is just the annoying red lettering and error message I get that bothers me. I hate error messages, they play with my OCD. :D

Mathias July 3rd, 2017 08:16 AM

With the thread this long - just so everyone knows - this was fixed three weeks ago, and the fix will be in the next release.

And there were around 6 or 8 reports of it in the inbox that first Monday after the last release, so thank you to all the people who sent their reports to the bug tracker.