Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Tomb Kings (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13187)

mcpolle June 7th, 2011 07:19 AM

[Bug Reports] Tomb Kings

Just so you know it, the Ushabtie, are showing as str 6, when they are only str 4.

Polle

Habig June 7th, 2011 12:44 PM

Some more bugs:
  • Skeletal Horsemen should get Vanguard
  • Skeletal Horse Archers should get Scout
  • Khalida lost her regeneration :(
  • The Casket's default squad name is "Squad"
  • "Unstable" pulls its long description into the item, rather then being explained in the footnotes like the other longer explanations.

But thanks for getting this update out there! Nothing like a month of having to make rosters the old fashioned way to really drive home how much your work is appreciated in keeping up the AB files.

Some inconsistencies rather than bugs seem to lie in which meta-rules pull in their components. For example, Terror drags in Fear. Nehekaran Undead causes Unbreakable, Fear, and Unstable to be listed.

However, Entombed Beneath the Sands doesn't include Ambushers, Fast Cav doesn't list Vanguard.

Likewise, some special abilities due to troop type (eg, Stomp for M.I., and M.B., thunderstomp for Monsters) are listed, but others (eg swiftstride for cav, chariots, and M.B.) are not listed.

Anyway - was wondering if your life as a data file maintainer would be easier if meta-rules were a linked object that always pull in their sub-rules? Then all M.I. would get Stomp and Monstrous Support automagically, all cav would get Swiftstride, etc. Perhaps there could be a global setting for verbosity, such as "<checkbox> List Out Metarules" which would print them all out, and if unchecked it would just say "Nehekaran Undead, Fast Cav, Scout" rather than also breaking out the meta-rules into lists.

Thanks again!

mattmcd31 June 21st, 2011 07:20 AM

LD is incorrect on both the TK Skeleton Archers Master of Arrows and TK Skeleton Warriors Master of Arms. It's shown as 3 but it should be 5 like the rest of the unit.

Amazonnia June 24th, 2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habig (Post 56824)
Some more bugs:
  • Skeletal Horsemen should get Vanguard
  • Skeletal Horse Archers should get Scout
  • Khalida lost her regeneration :(
  • The Casket's default squad name is "Squad"
  • "Unstable" pulls its long description into the item, rather then being explained in the footnotes like the other longer explanations.

I have to agree about the unstable rule. A tomb king player will know about this rule since the entire army has it. A simple explanation in the footnotes would suffice.

greywolf65301 August 12th, 2011 05:52 AM

Am I reading this correctly? It seems to me that the casket of souls is a regular rare unit that can be taken more than once per army. On page 40 of the rule book under covenant of power it talks about having more than one casket on the table to get the D3 power dice in the magic phase.

If this is correct, please make adjustments.

Time of Madness August 20th, 2011 03:13 PM

Yes you can have more then 1 casket of souls, however you only ever get D3 magic dice per phase (don't get 2D3 for having 2 caskets).

So yes you should be able to take more then 1, as of right now it gives you an error for taking 2.

UltraPrime August 20th, 2011 10:30 PM

Sorted for next release.

greywolf65301 August 23rd, 2011 05:19 AM

thanks for letting me know guys

Keetoowah September 3rd, 2011 12:46 PM

The Tomb Kings Lore of Nehekhara is missing from the spells section altogeather.

UltraPrime September 3rd, 2011 10:46 PM

Not as far as I can see. Can you explain in more detail, please?

Keetoowah September 4th, 2011 01:49 PM

When I go to add the "spells" unit entry into my list and then look through the list of available spells to show, the Lore of Nehakara is not showing up.

Keetoowah September 4th, 2011 02:03 PM

never mind, i figured it out

naloth October 2nd, 2011 10:36 PM

upgraded spell values

The casting value of the upgraded Khsar's Incantation of the Desert (signature spell) says 10+ when it should be 16+.

The first spell "Djaf's Incantation of Cursed Blades" says 18+ when it should be 10+.

Time of Madness January 28th, 2012 06:19 AM

Necro Knights are monstrous cav and thus should have the STOMP rule.
Time of Madness

UltraPrime January 28th, 2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time of Madness (Post 71275)
Necro Knights are monstrous cav and thus should have the STOMP rule.
Time of Madness

Fixed for next release.

Ancelica March 9th, 2012 04:34 AM

Ramhotep The Visionary should have an Extra Hand Weapon the same as a Necrotect, and therefore coupled with his Frenzy ability, should have his attacks characteristic as 2/4.

Am I correct?

UltraPrime March 9th, 2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelica (Post 78179)
Ramhotep The Visionary should have an Extra Hand Weapon the same as a Necrotect, and therefore coupled with his Frenzy ability, should have his attacks characteristic as 2/4.

Am I correct?

Yup. Fixed.

EdwardQ July 13th, 2012 01:41 PM

Casket of Souls rules.
Light of Death: Says suffers automatci wound with no save. It should be automatic wound with no armour save.

The rule for Unleashed Souls has no saves can be taken. It should be "no armour saves can be taken.

UltraPrime July 30th, 2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdwardQ (Post 86539)
Casket of Souls rules.
Light of Death: Says suffers automatci wound with no save. It should be automatic wound with no armour save.

The rule for Unleashed Souls has no saves can be taken. It should be "no armour saves can be taken.

Fixed for next release.

EdwardQ January 14th, 2013 06:53 AM

Ushabti , They come standard wtih Great Weapons. But they can replace the Great Weapons for free with one of the Following, Great Bows and Additional Hand Weapons.

The Army Builder entry does not have the Great Weapons selected. Also, it allows you to add Great Weapon, Great Bow and Extra Hand Weapon at the same time without error.

EdSteiner January 14th, 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Ushabti , They come standard wtih Great Weapons. But they can replace the Great Weapons for free with one of the Following, Great Bows and Additional Hand Weapons.

The Army Builder entry does not have the Great Weapons selected. Also, it allows you to add Great Weapon, Great Bow and Extra Hand Weapon at the same time without error.
Fixed for 2.52. I found a neat background code for these free exchanges, learned it making the Skullcrushers for WoC

EdwardQ April 16th, 2013 10:23 AM

Prince Apophas cannot be the General (TK book 58). While there is not a option to select him to be the General. The Roster Validation Report does states that needs highest Leadership. I have a Liche Priest as my general (ld 7) and Prince Apophas on my list.

EdSteiner April 16th, 2013 01:51 PM

Fixed for 2.57

hmjesus July 10th, 2013 09:06 PM

Skeleton Chariots should have the Impact Hits special rule (they do have Chariot Legions to increase the strength, but impact hits themselves aren't mentioned)

EdSteiner July 12th, 2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmjesus (Post 160696)
Skeleton Chariots should have the Impact Hits special rule (they do have Chariot Legions to increase the strength, but impact hits themselves aren't mentioned)

Fixed for 2.62

Luke_Fletcher1993 October 19th, 2013 09:50 AM

Im new to army builder and have gone on the tomb kings list but can only find High Lyche Priests and Tomb Kings under the Lords section and none of the other ones? Help please

EdSteiner October 24th, 2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke_Fletcher1993 (Post 167742)
Im new to army builder and have gone on the tomb kings list but can only find High Lyche Priests and Tomb Kings under the Lords section and none of the other ones? Help please

I suspect you mean the special characters. You need to select show/hide special characters. Enjoy and welcome to the forums.

Maverick the Slaughterer February 12th, 2014 11:28 AM

Warhammer Tomb King error

Skeleton Horse Archers should be Scouts. Skeleton Horsemen should have Vanguard.

EdSteiner February 12th, 2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick the Slaughterer (Post 175656)
Skeleton Horse Archers should be Scouts. Skeleton Horsemen should have Vanguard.

Both units already had the listed in the description text region, I have cleared it and added it to special rules subsection.

Fixed

greyhseer March 11th, 2014 04:17 AM

Unless I have this wrong, but I don't believe I do: Templegaurd has 3+ save listed...but they have halberds which are a two handed weapon so they cannot get a 3+ in combat (should be 4+)...they only get 3+ against shooting

EdSteiner March 12th, 2014 07:52 AM

Review your information I have the correct data entered on this end

kingmarkov July 2nd, 2014 10:32 PM

Serpent Staff

The Serpent Staff is still listed as a valid weapon choice for Liche Priest and High Liche Priest

EdSteiner July 3rd, 2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingmarkov (Post 186687)
The Serpent Staff is still listed as a valid weapon choice for Liche Priest and High Liche Priest

Fixed for 2.77