Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Player edition questions (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48841)

Perverseness April 2nd, 2014 11:21 AM

Player edition questions

At work and don't have access to software but I swear I remember seeing a section for future development for Player Characters. Will the player edition allow for PC tracking and linking backstory items?

I use the complex influences systems from VLARP. Will it allow logs both for tracking XP expenditures and for uses of influence actions?

Will players be able to set relationships levels to either other PCs or to NPC or both from the app, and will their be a log so you can see changes in attitude?

Party harmony is a good thing in a D&D campaign but intrigue is at the heart of most court games. Will I be able to pass notes between pc's (presently using text messaging), and will I be able to reveal at a character level?

With Realmworks adding files that are linked to the actual data set, If I add a character sheet, scanned or fill-able .pdf or excel sheet, How do I get the data to update after changes have been made?

All and all I am really excited by the possibilities this software represents. Especially for GM's who are more Sandbox than Themepark. Keep up the good work

Perverseness April 2nd, 2014 12:51 PM

"With Realmworks adding files that are linked to the actual data set, If I add a character sheet, scanned or fill-able .pdf or excel sheet, How do I get the data to update after changes have been made?"

Found this answer in documentation. You guys are frikin Genius.

rob April 2nd, 2014 05:00 PM

Initially, the Player Edition will allow the players to VIEW information you've revealed to them. They will also be able to create their own NOTES, but they won't be able to edit any of the actual story content (e.g. topics). Consequently, players will have only very limited access to material, with the vast majority of material being under the sole control of the GM.

One of the things on our todo list is to support PC topics, where a given player has write access to a SINGLE topic - his PC. At that point, the player can track everything for his PC and create links between his PC and NPCs. But that's not something that will be available initially.

With all that in mind, I'll now attempt to address your various questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perverseness (Post 179480)
At work and don't have access to software but I swear I remember seeing a section for future development for Player Characters. Will the player edition allow for PC tracking and linking backstory items?

If you create a PC as a topic, you can track whatever information you want for that PC. You can readily link to other topics that represent backstory for the PC.

Quote:

I use the complex influences systems from VLARP. Will it allow logs both for tracking XP expenditures and for uses of influence actions?

You can track whatever you want, so XP expenditures can definitely be logged. I'm not sure what "influence actions" are, so I don't know how to answer that part of the question.

Quote:

Will players be able to set relationships levels to either other PCs or to NPC or both from the app, and will their be a log so you can see changes in attitude?

Not initially, as I outlined above. The GM will have the full ability to create and modify relationships between PCs and NPCs, but not the players. Of course, this will change at some point down the line.

Quote:

Party harmony is a good thing in a D&D campaign but intrigue is at the heart of most court games. Will I be able to pass notes between pc's (presently using text messaging), and will I be able to reveal at a character level?

Not initially. We've architected the ability to reveal content to individual players into the engine, but it hasn't yet been exposed within the UI. That feature is definitely slated for inclusion.

Quote:

With Realmworks adding files that are linked to the actual data set, If I add a character sheet, scanned or fill-able .pdf or excel sheet, How do I get the data to update after changes have been made?

It sounds like you already found the answer to this question, so I won't repeat things. :)

Mystic Lemur April 2nd, 2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

My gut instinct is a "Calendar Date Range" snippet. Label it with the type of influence (Police, Government, Medical, etc.), enter the date range if you track Influences monthly, and what was done with the action (fenced stolen items for cash).

The downside is I don't see a way to sort them by date or label. That would be neat. There may be a better way, but hopefully that will give you a place to start.

Perverseness April 3rd, 2014 05:27 AM

@Mystic Lemur
I think your onto something with the date range. May see the enhanced functionality when the custom calendars come online.