Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Data Loss? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63136)

DkHaynes September 1st, 2019 03:59 PM

Data Loss?

Hey guys. I just loaded up hero lab today, andlearned that I had a complete data loss. Most of my portfolios were deleted (After I loaded one, I might add) and the few that are still there are getting an error saying " Errors were encountered trying to load portfolio, check that they still exist" has anyone else had this?

Lj Stephens September 1st, 2019 07:49 PM

Oh no! We certainly apologize for that. Please, send this in to Support@wolflair.com and give us as much detail, preferably with screenshots, as you can. Again, I'm very sorry about the data loss. Thank you for letting us know.

Farling September 2nd, 2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DkHaynes (Post 281758)
Hey guys. I just loaded up hero lab today, andlearned that I had a complete data loss. Most of my portfolios were deleted (After I loaded one, I might add) and the few that are still there are getting an error saying " Errors were encountered trying to load portfolio, check that they still exist" has anyone else had this?

Is this on iPad or PC?

DkHaynes September 2nd, 2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 281769)
Is this on iPad or PC?

This was on PC

Duggan September 2nd, 2019 01:02 PM

Please forgive me if this sounds like "is it plugged in?" tech support, but have you double-checked that you're in the right directory? And have you tried searching for ".por" files on your computer to see if they got copied somewhere?

Also, you may want to check to see if any of the files landed in the Recycle Bin. There are a few ways to accidentally remove files.

Parody September 2nd, 2019 03:49 PM

More importantly, do you have a backup of your files?

Azhrei September 3rd, 2019 10:19 AM

And I want to know if he was using the released version or the beta?!

Alteregoist September 3rd, 2019 10:11 PM

Is it just me? (where did homebrew go)

:confused:Today I loaded up Hero lab and my homebrew content appears intact but my homebrew clickable source button is gone. I did not accidentally delete it.

I am in the process of reloading and re-adding the "user content" homebrew once again to each and every one of my self created homebrews.

Lj Stephens September 4th, 2019 04:54 AM

Alteregoist, our apologies for the frustration! Please, report this to Support@wolflair.com. We don't want to see this become a trend. Thank you!

Dwayne September 5th, 2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alteregoist (Post 281815)
:confused:Today I loaded up Hero lab and my homebrew content appears intact but my homebrew clickable source button is gone. I did not accidentally delete it.

I am in the process of reloading and re-adding the "user content" homebrew once again to each and every one of my self created homebrews.

The exact same thing happened to me about a year ago. I did what you did and I never had another problem with it. I always make backups of everything since I assume someday there will be an update that deletes everything when it is installed. This happened in the past with another product but never with Herolab.