Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Rulebook Bugs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=22110)

EdwardQ August 3rd, 2012 10:44 PM

[Bug Reports] Rulebook Bugs

I noticed the Miscast table output for rolling 10-12 has the wizard level -D3 min of 1. The BRB has you lost d3 levels min of 0. (BRB pg 34 and Refernce Section)

UltraPrime August 4th, 2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdwardQ (Post 88026)
I noticed the Miscast table output for rolling 10-12 has the wizard level -D3 min of 1. The BRB has you lost d3 levels min of 0. (BRB pg 34 and Refernce Section)

Fixed for next release.

Nurgling November 22nd, 2012 06:04 PM

Hello,

1st post (yay!)

According to the new WHFB FAQ, Monstruous Mount and Monstruous Cavalry now take the highest of W and T characteristics of the combined model.

SO, for example, an Elf character on great eagle, great stag, unicorn or the twin sisters on great eagle should go up to T4 as well as W3.

This change affects many armies

Tks

Ambrose November 30th, 2012 05:03 AM

LORE OF METAL SPELL: Enchanted Blades of Aiban.
The spell reads "....The target unit has a +1 bonus when rolling to hit with all shooting and close combat attacks until the start of the caster's next Magic Phase...."

Army Builder reads: "Until caster's next magic phase target unit has +1 to hit with all shooting and ranged atacks....."
Army builder has it giving +1 for shooting only but the spell effects close combat too!

Thanks!
Ambrose

EdSteiner January 7th, 2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrose (Post 111471)
LORE OF METAL SPELL: Enchanted Blades of Aiban.
The spell reads "....The target unit has a +1 bonus when rolling to hit with all shooting and close combat attacks until the start of the caster's next Magic Phase...."

Army Builder reads: "Until caster's next magic phase target unit has +1 to hit with all shooting and ranged atacks....."
Army builder has it giving +1 for shooting only but the spell effects close combat too!

Thanks!
Ambrose

Fixed for 2.51

Chromy35 March 25th, 2013 01:28 AM

Hey Guys,

I noticed that the Staff of Sorcery (BRB Arcane Item in FAQ, pg5) is 35 points in the FAQ but it is 40 points in army builder.

Thanks,

Chromy

EdSteiner March 27th, 2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromy35 (Post 151591)
Hey Guys,

I noticed that the Staff of Sorcery (BRB Arcane Item in FAQ, pg5) is 35 points in the FAQ but it is 40 points in army builder.

Thanks,

Chromy

Verified as Correct for 2.55.

Cenobite451 November 19th, 2013 01:04 PM

From the Department of Typos, Misspellings and General Nitpickery:

-Lore of Life: "The Dweller's Below" (should be "Dwellers")
-Lore of Death: "The Purple Sun of Xerus" (should be "Xereus")

Cheers, mate. ;)

EdSteiner November 19th, 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenobite451 (Post 169499)
From the Department of Typos, Misspellings and General Nitpickery:

-Lore of Life: "The Dweller's Below" (should be "Dwellers")
-Lore of Death: "The Purple Sun of Xerus" (should be "Xereus")

Cheers, mate. ;)

Easy, Breezy, done for 2.68

Cenobite451 November 29th, 2013 01:52 AM

From the Department of Typos, Misspellings and General Nitpickery (from the desk of the Vice Sub-Director of the Committee on Erroneous Homophones):

-Lore of Metal: "Final Transmutation" description (effected should be affected)

The department thanks you for your cooperation. :D

EdSteiner November 29th, 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenobite451 (Post 170437)
From the Department of Typos, Misspellings and General Nitpickery (from the desk of the Vice Sub-Director of the Committee on Erroneous Homophones):

-Lore of Metal: "Final Transmutation" description (effected should be affected)

The department thanks you for your cooperation. :D

Corrected for 2.68. Expect file release Tues/Wends when I get back from turkey day holiday w my sister n family in Seattle, WA

thegraymist January 9th, 2014 03:36 AM

Ruby Ring

The Ruby Ring of Ruin shows all fireball casting levels but bound items can only be cast at the lower 'unboosted' version. Page 37 BRB.

EdSteiner January 9th, 2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegraymist (Post 173773)
The Ruby Ring of Ruin shows all fireball casting levels but bound items can only be cast at the lower 'unboosted' version. Page 37 BRB.

Fixed for 2.71

Caledor September 17th, 2014 01:38 PM

A very long post about very minor issues, mostly about Swiftstride (SS), Flyers, Cavalry and mounts :p

Change "when charging / fleeing" to "when charging / fleeing / pursuing" in SS description

"Thunder Stomp" should be "Thunderstomp"

A second instance of SS is needed for flyers (with a different reminder), because they charge with their 10" glide but they flee and pursue with their M value (ground movement). Also, you need to add the Skirmisher rule to flyers, but only if their unit is made of more than one model. Page 70 BRB.

Fast Cavalry needs SS, as well as every other Cavalry unit without the Fast Cavalry rule. Be careful with Flying Cavalry though, because you'll end up with duplicates of SS (from both Fast Cavalry and Flyer, which this rule calls. Solved by calling a different Fast Cavalry rule without SS newly created for this purpose).

Finally, SS needs to be added to every non Chariot/Fast Cavalry/Flyer/Monster mount option. The first 3 are excluded because they call SS by themselves, while monsters are excluded because they survive the death of their rider. The same applies with Flyer for every Monstrous Beast flying mount option. I've found some minor discrepancies about this: for example HE's Great Eagles (mounts only) don't have Flyer but WE's ones have it. IMHO the former is correct, because Monstrous Cavalry share Wounds between the rider and the mount so rules like SS and Flyer (but not Stomp) should be placed on the rider.

Frenzy gives (other than Berserk Rage) Extra attack and Immune to Psychology. Description about losing Frenzy and associated rules needs to be added.

EdSteiner September 18th, 2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caledor (Post 193246)
A very long post about very minor issues, mostly about Swiftstride (SS), Flyers, Cavalry and mounts :p

Change "when charging / fleeing" to "when charging / fleeing / pursuing" in SS description

"Thunder Stomp" should be "Thunderstomp"

A second instance of SS is needed for flyers (with a different reminder), because they charge with their 10" glide but they flee and pursue with their M value (ground movement). Also, you need to add the Skirmisher rule to flyers, but only if their unit is made of more than one model. Page 70 BRB.

Fast Cavalry needs SS, as well as every other Cavalry unit without the Fast Cavalry rule. Be careful with Flying Cavalry though, because you'll end up with duplicates of SS (from both Fast Cavalry and Flyer, which this rule calls. Solved by calling a different Fast Cavalry rule without SS newly created for this purpose).

Finally, SS needs to be added to every non Chariot/Fast Cavalry/Flyer/Monster mount option. The first 3 are excluded because they call SS by themselves, while monsters are excluded because they survive the death of their rider. The same applies with Flyer for every Monstrous Beast flying mount option. I've found some minor discrepancies about this: for example HE's Great Eagles (mounts only) don't have Flyer but WE's ones have it. IMHO the former is correct, because Monstrous Cavalry share Wounds between the rider and the mount so rules like SS and Flyer (but not Stomp) should be placed on the rider.

Frenzy gives (other than Berserk Rage) Extra attack and Immune to Psychology. Description about losing Frenzy and associated rules needs to be added.

Fixed for 2.81 Thank you Caledor

^Karpiu^ January 26th, 2015 11:20 PM

There is a bug with point cap for WFB.

As per the last faq from GW the point caps should be as follows:

>Page 134 – Lords
>Replace both paragraphs with: “You can spend up to 50% of
>your points on Lords. Lords are the most powerful characters
>in your army, individuals possessed of fearsome martial or
>magical might.”

>Page 134 – Heroes
>Replace both paragraphs with: “You can spend up to 50%
>of your points on Heroes. Heroes are lesser characters, not
>as intrinsically deadly as Lords, but still worth a score of
>ordinary warriors.

EdSteiner January 30th, 2015 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^Karpiu^ (Post 202291)
There is a bug with point cap for WFB.

As per the last faq from GW the point caps should be as follows:

>Page 134 – Lords
>Replace both paragraphs with: “You can spend up to 50% of
>your points on Lords. Lords are the most powerful characters
>in your army, individuals possessed of fearsome martial or
>magical might.”

>Page 134 – Heroes
>Replace both paragraphs with: “You can spend up to 50%
>of your points on Heroes. Heroes are lesser characters, not
>as intrinsically deadly as Lords, but still worth a score of
>ordinary warriors.

Have you used fileset version 2.85 or newer? I think you might find that this has been implemented.

^Karpiu^ February 4th, 2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 202491)
Have you used fileset version 2.85 or newer? I think you might find that this has been implemented.

HI

Yes version 2.87 loaded Just made a test with Ogre Kingdoms 2400 points rooster. The Result attached on screenshot:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-E...E/s1365/AB.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-H...o/s741/AB2.jpg

It looks like 2.87 still possibly has some problems with point cap :(

EdSteiner February 4th, 2015 08:50 AM

Did you select "Normal Game" as your rules type not "Pre-End Times"

^Karpiu^ February 4th, 2015 11:07 AM

OK got it Thank you for the help. That worked for me. So the Pre end times will always select the earlier point restrictions before the FAQ. Thanks for the help.

EdSteiner February 4th, 2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^Karpiu^ (Post 202996)
OK got it Thank you for the help. That worked for me. So the Pre end times will always select the earlier point restrictions before the FAQ. Thanks for the help.

<o No Problem

^Karpiu^ February 6th, 2015 12:15 AM

Just one thing that I thought of could you rework the miffire, miscast and the rest of tsuch tables that all the results would be presented in next lines?

For now the misscast table looks like bellow:
2-4) Dimensional Cascade: Put large template on the Wizard. Every model (including Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Roll a D6: (1-3) Remove Wizard, (4-6) Remove D6 dice from Power Pool. 5-6) Calamitous Detonation: Put the small template on the Wizard. Every model (including the Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool. 7) Detonation: Models in contact with the Wizard (but not the Wizard) take a Strength 10 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool. 8-9) Magical Feedback: The Wizard and every other friendly Wizard takes a Strength 6 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool.10-12) Power Drain: Wizard Level -D3, minimum 0. For every level lost, randomly forget spell. First spell lost is spell that caused miscast. Wizard cannot cast any more spells this turn.

Is a change possible so thatthis would look like the bellow ?

2-4) Dimensional Cascade: Put large template on the Wizard. Every model (including Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Roll a D6: (1-3) Remove Wizard, (4-6) Remove D6 dice from Power Pool.

5-6) Calamitous Detonation: Put the small template on the Wizard. Every model (including the Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool.

7) Detonation: Models in contact with the Wizard (but not the Wizard) take a Strength 10 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool.

8-9) Magical Feedback: The Wizard and every other friendly Wizard takes a Strength 6 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool.

10-12) Power Drain: Wizard Level -D3, minimum 0. For every level lost, randomly forget spell. First spell lost is spell that caused miscast. Wizard cannot cast any more spells this turn.

This would be more clear and the results would be quick to find.

EdSteiner February 6th, 2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^Karpiu^ (Post 203124)
Just one thing that I thought of could you rework the miffire, miscast and the rest of tsuch tables that all the results would be presented in next lines?

For now the misscast table looks like bellow:
2-4) Dimensional Cascade: Put large template on the Wizard. Every model (including Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Roll a D6: (1-3) Remove Wizard, (4-6) Remove D6 dice from Power Pool. 5-6) Calamitous Detonation: Put the small template on the Wizard. Every model (including the Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool...........................

Is a change possible so that this would look like the bellow ?

2-4) Dimensional Cascade: Put large template on the Wizard. Every model (including Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Roll a D6: (1-3) Remove Wizard, (4-6) Remove D6 dice from Power Pool.

5-6) Calamitous Detonation: Put the small template on the Wizard. Every model (including the Wizard) takes a Strength 10 hit. Remove D6 dice from Power Pool.

This would be more clear and the results would be quick to find.

I suspect that either you are using the iPad roster viewer or are exporting to HTML. If you print them or use the print to PDF the tables do correctly display.

^Karpiu^ February 10th, 2015 04:54 AM

Yes this is from the export to HTML. Can this be amended form th datafile or can I ammend this in HTML options ?

EdSteiner February 10th, 2015 07:00 PM

Neither, but you can using notepad or other html editor mod the source code in your output.

LunarLizard February 18th, 2015 05:03 AM

Hiya,

I have noticed that the Lords and Heroes point allowance hasn't changed yet.
We are now allowed up to 50% of Heroes and Lords in our army are we not?

If I'm wrong please feel free to tell me.

Is there a way I can change the rules in my version or shall I wait for another release? At the moment I just ignore the message that tells me they are over.

Thanks

EdSteiner February 23rd, 2015 05:09 PM

Select normal game as your rules type :)

Lauchi March 4th, 2015 11:45 PM

If you select the "Glittering Scale" two times, you don´t get a roster error. At least in my rulebook there is no mentioning if you can select them twice.

EdSteiner March 5th, 2015 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lauchi (Post 205284)
If you select the "Glittering Scale" two times, you don´t get a roster error. At least in my rulebook there is no mentioning if you can select them twice.

fixed for 2.90, it was a background issue

LunarLizard March 11th, 2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 204384)
Select normal game as your rules type :)

Thank you
I completely missed that :)

Infyrna October 1st, 2015 05:21 AM

Changing percentages of army composition

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place but thought someone here could help.(Ed maybe)
If I wanted to change the percentages of my army composition to have heroes and lords only be 33% where would I change that in the data file?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks