Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

cebadec March 28th, 2020 05:14 PM

With the most recent update to HL, i am now getting an error with my Aegis. The error is

"Unrecoverable infinite loop detected and broken. Portfolio evaluation aborted and current state is unknown. Cause of infinite loop is inappropriate dependencies based on the use of global tags. Please notify data file author to correct problem."

It appears to be tied to my AEGIS SUIT. Not sure what I can do to fix it. When I delete the suit it the error goes away. When I have the suit, the error shows up on everything that causes any sort of calculation. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help.

ShadowChemosh March 28th, 2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cebadec (Post 287377)
With the most recent update to HL, i am now getting an error with my Aegis. The error is

"Unrecoverable infinite loop detected and broken. Portfolio evaluation aborted and current state is unknown. Cause of infinite loop is inappropriate dependencies based on the use of global tags. Please notify data file author to correct problem."

It appears to be tied to my AEGIS SUIT. Not sure what I can do to fix it. When I delete the suit it the error goes away. When I have the suit, the error shows up on everything that causes any sort of calculation. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help.

Can you email me the .por file causing the issue please and I can take a look. My email is my forum user id at yahoo dot com.

Thanks

cebadec March 28th, 2020 05:50 PM

Thanks @Shadow Chemosh. I have emailed you the files.

Thermo April 12th, 2020 08:33 AM

I am getting a similar error here with several of my portfolios. Not exactly sure what is causing it though. Started when I installed the 14.19 update to Pathfinder. I restored to a previous install without that and the portfolios load fine.

Doesn't appear to be related to the community pack though so I will post on the 14.19 thread.

ShadowChemosh April 13th, 2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermo (Post 287768)
I am getting a similar error here with several of my portfolios. Not exactly sure what is causing it though. Started when I installed the 14.19 update to Pathfinder. I restored to a previous install without that and the portfolios load fine.

Doesn't appear to be related to the community pack though so I will post on the 14.19 thread.

Just a note that I have been working with LW on this issue. Seeing how your not using the community pack and its happening is another point in favor that the issue is in the engine.

If it turns out its something I do need to fix in the community pack I will do that but it most likely not an issue I need to fix. :)

Blacklock May 1st, 2020 02:33 AM

Can anyone help? Eldritch scoundrel doesn’t appear as an archetype choice for my Pathfinder unchained rogue. What to I have to buy or unlock to get that choice?

Krothos May 7th, 2020 06:52 AM

Hi SC, have you any time to make any updates to your Community Pack? It's been a year since you're last release. :)

Dami May 7th, 2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacklock (Post 288285)
Can anyone help? Eldritch scoundrel doesn’t appear as an archetype choice for my Pathfinder unchained rogue. What to I have to buy or unlock to get that choice?

This archetype looks to be from "Pathfinder Player Companion: Arcane Anthology" - which is part of the "Pathfinder RPG Player Companion #22", so you would need to have that active. Also, you would need to be sure that this works with Unchained.

asvaldson June 21st, 2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 288391)
Hi SC, have you any time to make any updates to your Community Pack? It's been a year since you're last release. :)

I was wondering the same thing :) I would love for more PoW archetypes and prestige classes to be added.

Ualaa June 21st, 2020 06:17 PM

PoW archetypes! Got my attention there.

Krothos June 21st, 2020 07:16 PM

Just so you know, SC replied to me. He is indicated he doesn't have the free time he used to have to provide regular updates to the Community Pack. He will still be around for any major breaking errors, working with LW to correct them (such as the infinite loop error that happened not too long ago).

Meatpuppet June 22nd, 2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 289290)
Just so you know, SC replied to me. He is indicated he doesn't have the free time he used to have to provide regular updates to the Community Pack. He will still be around for any major breaking errors, working with LW to correct them (such as the infinite loop error that happened not too long ago).

Thanks for the heads up

I sure hope someone with his talent will pick up where he left

This is an amazing ressource and the reason I sticked with HL for so long

Thorneldrich June 22nd, 2020 08:24 AM

Years go by but nothing really changes...

So basically the Packs are no longer going to be updated since 1e is no longer the current version of the game. Why does this not surprise me? TSR/WotC did the same thing every version.

I realize the Packs were totally user-made & I am not criticizing any who contributed to them. All the work that was put in to them was amazing & deeply appreciated by those of us not gifted with the knowledge or skills to enter/alter coding to add these wonder things to a wonderful program.

Its just the overall disregard by Paizo & LWD for the moneys put out on all the 1e supplements & rule-books by folks who loved the PF 1e system. PF 2e looks & plays like a Pen & Paper video-game adaption, not a RPG (again IMHO, but no one cares about the opinion of an old school grognard anymore, yes?).

HLO is the new cash cow so HL Classic is SOL. This is why I have stopped supporting LWD. I'm just waiting for the announcement that HL Classic will no longer have updates or support as well. HLO is a pure money-revenue design. You now can no longer even claim you own a usage license, now you just "rent per month" access. Guess they aren't concerned with those folks without large monthly incomes. Those of use who have fixed or minimal income sources/jobs aren't worth their time anymore. Neither are those folks who don't have unlimited online access 24/7. :(

Yeah this is a rant, I realize that now that I have re-read it. Sorry, just bites to be abandoned yet again by companies trying to re-invent the wheel (or in this case a RPG line). Being old (50+) gives me a lot of perspective on this RPG scene, seems the same trends repeat themselves endlessly. :(

Farling June 23rd, 2020 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorneldrich (Post 289297)
So basically the Packs are no longer going to be updated since 1e is no longer the current version of the game. Why does this not surprise me?

I realize the Packs were totally user-made & I am not criticizing any who contributed to them.

These two statements are contradictory!

By complaining that the community pack is no longer being updated is a direct criticism of the person(s) who contribute/maintain them!

Thorneldrich June 23rd, 2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 289309)
These two statements are contradictory!

By complaining that the community pack is no longer being updated is a direct criticism of the person(s) who contribute/maintain them!

No, the complaint was not (meant to be) aimed at Shadow or his work (he has a RL & can't be expected to maintain what is in truth a dying software line), it was aimed at LWD for basically abandoning HLC (exactly the opposite of their claimed position) for the cash-cow HLO is. HLC was a limited cash source since once bought, no further money came in unless they released something new. The Upkeep, updates to existing releases, et al, produced no revenue. HLO on the other hand is like a MMO game, each month the suckers (um... users) line up to pay their user-fees & all LWD has to do is maintain the servers/data, release sets, & collect the cash. WAY more profitable to bleed each user monthly. Also this way if you stop paying your monthly user fees, you have NOTHING to show for all the $$$ you put out. You can't use anything in HLO & anything produced while you were a paid user unless you printed it out (& then only under extremely restricted use due to the user agreement of HLO).

Realize that in a year anyone using HLO pays more then they did for the Pathfinder 1e data set & a load of the suppliments & get nothing but online access to data sets. No pay=no access. No offline work using HLO is possible. Sweet setup for LWD & the "shaft" for the rest of us.

Thorneldrich June 23rd, 2020 07:13 AM

To ShadowChemosh...

To ShadowChemosh, I in no way intended to criticize your work. How can you be expected to donate your time & effort to something (data/software packs) that is honestly already abandoned by its developer?
You have a RL to maintain, All the work you put into the Packs have been greatly appreciated. You showed more concern for the users of HLC then LWD has & I personally will always be grateful for your efforts. Thank you.

Minous June 23rd, 2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorneldrich (Post 289310)
No, the complaint was not (meant to be) aimed at Shadow or his work (he has a RL & can't be expected to maintain what is in truth a dying software line), it was aimed at LWD for basically abandoning HLC (exactly the opposite of their claimed position) for the cash-cow HLO is. HLC was a limited cash source since once bought, no further money came in unless they released something new. The Upkeep, updates to existing releases, et al, produced no revenue. HLO on the other hand is like a MMO game, each month the suckers (um... users) line up to pay their user-fees & all LWD has to do is maintain the servers/data, release sets, & collect the cash. WAY more profitable to bleed each user monthly. Also this way if you stop paying your monthly user fees, you have NOTHING to show for all the $$$ you put out. You can't use anything in HLO & anything produced while you were a paid user unless you printed it out (& then only under extremely restricted use due to the user agreement of HLO).

Realize that in a year anyone using HLO pays more then they did for the Pathfinder 1e data set & a load of the suppliments & get nothing but online access to data sets. No pay=no access. No offline work using HLO is possible. Sweet setup for LWD & the "shaft" for the rest of us.

Me thinks you need to check your math. At the standard sub price for HLO it will take 20 years to equal the cost of what I have spent on HCL.

charlieluce June 23rd, 2020 03:16 PM

The $5 a month I pay for my Patron account means that my players can pay $1.25 a month to play in my PF2 games and the only one who has to buy data packages is me. Running PF1, each of the players had to buy all the data packages for everything they needed for their characters. I'm pretty sure that those five players spent more than $15 a year apiece on HLC for Pathfinder.

Thorneldrich June 25th, 2020 07:09 AM

I still have access to all the data sets I purchased. Can you say the same without Net access or without paying your monthly access fee? Can you use any data-sets from HLO offline? No. To use the MMO analog again: No Pay, no Play. I'm sorry but if I am putting out $$ I expect to use what I pay for when it suits me not only when I can access the Net.

Since this message-fork has veered way off topic, I am going to stop replying & I ask others to do so as well. Don't need our personal off-topic opinions wasting space in the this sub-forum. Obvious none of us agree with each other, no reason to keep disagreeing with each other about the same thing over & over. Thank you for your opinions one way or the other.

Ualaa June 25th, 2020 04:11 PM

If Lonewolf will bring Pathfinder 1e content (along with Community Package and Spheres of Power/Might) to Hero Lab Online, they'll have my subscription forever.

I'm fairly sure a lot of Pathfinder 1e people would subscribe for the online access, real time group buffs or debuffs, having a VTT able to read a live character sheet and update conditions and such.

catman123456 June 26th, 2020 08:33 PM

2nd above comment

Azhrei June 27th, 2020 05:23 AM

Please take this discussion to a different thread. There are already plenty that discuss this topic! :rolleyes:

abruno1974 September 19th, 2020 10:49 PM

Psicrystal Skills

I love the work done with the HL community packs. I'm still uncovering their power and depth.

I have a phychic warrior with the psicrystal affinity feat. I used the other tab to add a psicrystal and edited to choose its personality. I notice that when I add the psicrystal, I do have Alertness added to the specials tab/window where my feats are listed, but I don't get the bumps to perception and sense motive that I should get. When I manually add that feat, I do get those bumps.

Also, the skill bonus I should get based on the psicrystal personality is not carrying over either.

Should this be automatic? Or is there another step I must take to activate it?

I installed the community pack about a week and a half ago, so I assume I have the most recent one.

carlosdiazarq October 6th, 2020 06:12 AM

Errors were encountered when loading portofolio

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, first time posting.
Could someone point me out to a fix for a bunch of errors that im having after installing the last update ?

list of errors:

"Critical information not found in data files: Source: XXXXXX" times 20 diferent sources. Attaching image for reference.

carlosdiazarq October 6th, 2020 10:56 AM

Hi again, learning how to make a meaningful post. Read i must post the original error that Hero Lab sends. It would be this:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rDSBraxat' (Eval Script '#1') on line 6
-> Non-existent thing 'skPUAhypno' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rDSGaj' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3

thanks for the help.

Atratus October 6th, 2020 02:17 PM

ShadowChemosh, is there any way you can look into the Harbinger HP issue?

Minous October 6th, 2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosdiazarq (Post 291180)
Hi again, learning how to make a meaningful post. Read i must post the original error that Hero Lab sends. It would be this:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rDSBraxat' (Eval Script '#1') on line 6
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rDSGaj' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3

thanks for the help.

Id check what you have installed, odds are you have something left over or old files installed.

Gozuja October 17th, 2020 08:03 AM

I'm suddenly getting a complete inability to use the ShadowChemosh (and other pathfinder pack) data files with any of my portfolios after I purchased an AP encounter set data package; I've since tried reinstalling and reactivating my license and re-downloading and importing the community pack to no avail.

It varies per portfolio I try to open, but it's slews of 'Critical information not found in data files' messages and the functionality of the pack is completely absent in the Adjust tab now.

https://i.imgur.com/CKJWkQy.png

Minous October 17th, 2020 08:45 AM

<strike>At first look it seems you have a 3pp files installed. From a quick search it looks like Fat Goblin Games is the publisher.</strike>

How did you install the Community Pack?

Gozuja October 17th, 2020 09:00 AM

Pathfinder Pack (v1.20) from the Updates menu.

Ualaa October 17th, 2020 10:44 AM

If you remove the recent thing that you added, you should have the previous functionality.

Obviously, when you're running your Adventure Path, you'll want the new material.

As a work about, you could try having more than one install of Hero Lab, each with a different data folder.
Then have the new encounters in one.
And all your existing stuff in another.

I'm not sure what is conflicting, but you can try to find the terms that the error message is showing within the editor and change the name slightly.
I've had errors in the past (with Frog God Game stuff) where they had say Craft Poison, and that was later added in an official book.
But the naming was the same for two things, and changing the FGG one fixed the issue a few times, but was not a fix for another set of their content (the Razor Coast stuff).

I'm not really sure how to fix the issue, but you could try working around it.

If you want, you could run HL with only so many things activated.
Then take Snaggit shots of the relevant screens.
Then remove the AP and revert to the previous stuff that was working.

Not sure which workaround is easier/better.

ShadowChemosh October 17th, 2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gozuja (Post 291440)
I'm suddenly getting a complete inability to use the ShadowChemosh (and other pathfinder pack) data files with any of my portfolios after I purchased an AP encounter set data package; I've since tried reinstalling and reactivating my license and re-downloading and importing the community pack to no avail.

It varies per portfolio I try to open, but it's slews of 'Critical information not found in data files' messages and the functionality of the pack is completely absent in the Adjust tab now.

https://i.imgur.com/CKJWkQy.png

I need to see the error you are getting when you first start Pathfinder. The above listed errors are what you are getting when opening a character but they are not the cause. Once HL finds ANY error it stops loading any of the addons including the Community Pack.

So restart HL and Pathfinder and take a screen shot of the errors you get on load. From that we maybe able to help get you working again. :)

Gozuja October 17th, 2020 06:33 PM

I ended up doing a complete uninstall and reinstall, which resolved these issues--but I inadvertently ended up wiping out my hero lab supplement for Jon Brazer's Book of Monsters for the shadow plane and can't for the life of me remember where to re-download it. Alas, that is not a problem for this thread. Thanks nevertheless everyone!

Avalon2099 February 27th, 2021 07:24 PM

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml is not working for my x64 hero lab?

charlieluce February 27th, 2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon2099 (Post 293862)
http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml is not working for my x64 hero lab?

I just tested it in HLC x64 on my laptop and it worked for me.

psych777 March 16th, 2021 11:20 AM

back after 3+ yrs

glad to see this community project is still working!
course i've nearly forgotten everything i learned back then haha.
but looks like it is definitely running just fine in 64bit version

Sledge March 28th, 2021 08:22 PM

With the Fire as She Bears rules is there an implementation of engines?

VDawg March 29th, 2021 03:07 PM

Are there going to be any other updates to the PF 1 files? I'd like to add some of the other soulknife content from Psionics Augmented: Soulknives, but I don't know how

Dwayne May 3rd, 2021 02:17 PM

Any more updates planned or is this the final product? Great job on what you have done and thank you for all your work.

Krothos May 4th, 2021 11:17 AM

I asked ShadowChemosh about this pack about a year ago. He mentioned that he had to move on from this project and didn't think he would be able to provide any updates for the foreseeable future.